Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » the tomb and ossuaries
Hello, guest
Name: margarita del llano  •  Title: the tomb and ossuaries  •  Date posted: 10/16/08 15:09
Q: in my opinion this tomb could be Herods family tomb.
marry 3 mariamne ,and also there was a jose , a jesus, a juda and possibly a mari, all closely related to him and all living in jerusalem and galillee .and this is supported by josephus and other historians. the ornamentation could also be of egyptian nature, having contact with Cleopatra and Marc anthony, Does anyone Know where this people are buried? 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Judith  •  Date: 10/21/08 2:55
A: Margarita Your correct, all those names are listed in Josephus in association with Herod. I wondered about that my self years ago when I read Josephus. 
Name: eyeopener  •  Date: 11/10/08 9:26
A: to Margarita and Judith: you both MIGHT be correct. but already at the outset you do have a serious problem with connecting this tomb to Herod. Note that in the tomb we have an ossuaries inscribed Jesus son of Josef and Yehuda son of Jesus. That is: both carry patronymic forms/patterns of inscribing. Can you tell us more about people in the Herodian blood line who carried these names exactly? I wonder. Your next problem might be the discovery of Herod's tomb recently. Further: if you believe Josefus, then you know that Herod killed his wife, Miriam, and buried her in a "kingsize" tomb. Sorry, but the Talpiot tomb is all but a "kingsize" tomb. So as much as the names might be associated with Herod, the tomb is not. 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 11/10/08 22:43
A: Hello eyeopener ,
You do have a good point , I no longer have my notes on that geneaology ,
I had followed on my drafting board, but yes many of these names are much the same as the Herod Family , so much so that you could be very confused by them.
I was not aware of the King Size Tomb, so that makes sense that maybe the Talpiot Tomb is not related to Herod's Family 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD