Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » jesus is not the first to be over glorified
Hello, guest
Name: dennis  •  Title: jesus is not the first to be over glorified  •  Date posted: 04/09/07 5:39
Q: i think it has to do with jesus being held to a higher standard by his followers. this statement is likely to make some folks angry. i personally am not bothered by the fact that he might have had a wife or a child seems more the norm to me.
i think for some it kind of ruins the fairy-tale effect some people hold towards religous beliefs. i think he was a holyman, and was truly trying to make the world a better place for all to live in. i see ministers , priests and rabis doing this all the time. i think back in jesus day, things just got out of hand. his followers may have let is image get bigger than it really was. who really knows the reason why. look at some of the tv. preachers and the things they pull on folks to get into thier pockets. got to make you stop and think for sure. nothing wrong in asking questions. hey if all this is true, then at least admit he was a good moral teacher and try to loose the fantacy. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: betty47  •  Date: 04/09/07 11:29
A: I think you're right ,Dennis. The Jesus movement grew bigger than anyone expected, in my belief. Jesus preached Judaism and Torah. James preached Judaism too. Paul changed it into something different for some reason. He had some visions, he claimed, that led him to glorify Christ more than Jesus did or even his family did. Paul added pagan ideas to it as well and the trinity which Jesus never preached. Jesus never said he was born of a virgin mother. That was added years later too. To those who say that James and Peter believed in Paul's teachings, there's plenty of scholars who will say that's not the case. James and Paul fought more than they agreed about the real meaning of Jesus' life and death.

The funny thing is that everyone who is a deep believer is now clamoring for proof that these tombs are real when most ideas in Christianity have never been proven. It's either believe us or burn in hell. This tomb is more proof of Jesus and his family then we have ever had before. We should celebrate that and try to really understand what Jesus was about, and cut out all the paganism and myths. But then we'll be back to Torah and Judasim, and people will claim we're attacking Christianity when that's not the case at all. We are trying to discover the real Jesus and that should be what following Jesus is all about. Maybe it will change some ideas a bit. Maybe it will make them stronger, but the truth is what we should seek. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/09/07 19:31
A: ALL in The Universe is glorified in phrase"I AM". 
Name: Anchorite  •  Date: 04/10/07 2:20
A: It is entirely natural to try to conquer all opinion when you have gotten hold of a good solution.

The spectacular success of science is at least partly due to the fact it takes "reproducibility" as a necessary article of faith. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 01/25/09 13:19
A: .
How about the Barach Obama movement?
What do you think of it?

Indie 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD