Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » “There is no religion higher than the Truth.”
Hello, guest
Name: vvk  •  Title: “There is no religion higher than the Truth.”  •  Date posted: 10/02/11 0:23
Q: Your Religion Is Not Important

by Bernie Schreck

Yesterday friend of mine sent me an email with a brief dialogue between the Brazilian theologist Leonardo Boff and the Dalai Lama, which deeply touched me. Here is what Leonardo, one of the renovators of the Theology of Freedom, recounts of this remarkable encounter :

In a round table discussion about religion and freedom in which Dalai Lama and myself were participating at recess I maliciously, and also with interest, asked him: “Your holiness, what is the best religion?”

I thought he would say: “The Tibetan Buddhism” or “The oriental religions, much older than Christianity.”

The Dalai Lama paused, smiled and looked me in the eyes …. which surprised me because I knew of the malice contained in my question.

He answered: “The best religion is the one that gets you closest to God. It is the one that makes you a better person.”

To get out of my embarrassment with such a wise answer, I asked: “What is it that makes me better?”

He responded: “Whatever makes you more compassionate, more sensible, more detached, more loving, more humanitarian, more responsible, more ethical.”

“The religion that will do that for you is the best religion”

I was silent for a moment, marveling and even today thinking of his wise and irrefutable response :

“I am not interested, my friend, about your religion or if you are religious or not”.

“What really is important to me is your behavior in front of your peers, family, work, community, and in front of the world”.

“Remember, the universe is the echo of our actions and our thoughts.”

“The law of action and reaction is not exclusively for physics. It is also of human relations. If I act with goodness, I will receive goodness. If I act with evil, I will get evil.”

“What our grandparents told us is the pure truth. You will always have what you desire for others. Being happy is not a matter of destiny. It is a matter of options.”

Finally he said:

“Take care of your Thoughts because they become Words.

Take care of your Words because they will become Actions.

Take care of your Actions because they will become Habits.

Take care of your Habits because they will form your Character.

Take care of your Character because it will form your Destiny,

and your Destiny will be your Life”.

… and …

“There is no religion higher than the Truth.” 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: sam  •  Date: 10/02/11 18:43
A: Hello VVK,

Dalai Lama is a great thinker, and he try to answer any question by a philosophical answer, and while it seems to be acceptable to those who listen to him, it does not hold his truth.

Let us analyze, two os his statements:
1- “The best religion is the one that gets you closest to God. It is the one that makes you a better person."

2- “The religion that will do that for you is the best religion" [more compassionate, more sensible, more detached, etc., etc..]

In your previous post, you mentioned that you as Buddhist do not believe in God, and that for sure goes to Mr. Dalai Lama.
So , his telling us about " gets closer to God" is not true, and it is no more than trying to get the acceptance of those listen to him, those who believe in God. Nice trick.

His second statement is true, but it is not something new. The teaching of Jesus came from God, and brought all the good things, from peace and love, and so the teaching which came from God by the words of the Quran.

When the Dalai Lama mention God while he does not believe in God, that shows that he is only trying to bring more people his kind of believe.
Buddhist is no more than a philosophy, which has some good teachings in it but on the other side it hold within a very dangerous teaching, because most people who do not believe in God and the judgment day, they will do more wrong things than those who know that they will be judged for their works, and they will be a punishment for those who do the wrong things.

VVK, a good and smart lawer can make the court believe that gilty person, a good person and set free, ant that can be true about a good and smart philosopher as Mr. Dalai Lama.

A wise , and a smart person should not accept all thing as the truth, but he shouls analyze things in a logical way to get the real truth.

Thank you for your post. 
Name: vvk  •  Date: 10/10/11 17:35
A: Hi Sam
How are You, thank you for your post.
in your post , your personal idea is.
Buddhist is no more than a philosophy, which has some good teachings in it but on the other side it hold within a very dangerous teaching, because most people who do not believe in God and the judgment day, they will do more wrong things than those who know that they will be judged for their works, and they will be a punishment for those who do the wrong things.
Acctualy, you can find out yourself which teaching, which belief or which religion is dangerous, killing a lot of inocent people, still happening every single day in the wold, it 's very simple , just find out the answer of this question.

WHO IS THE MOST WORLD FAMOUS MAN IN:

Christain is Pop Benecdic XVI
Buddhist is Tebetian Dalai Lama XIV
Islam is Osama Benladin... wow. He is really famous.
you should find out to see what jobs of 3 famous Man done in his life for human being. for practicing his belief of teching of their own religion.
Those hope it help you to open your own mind, see which one is the most dangerous teaching.
Don't you think now he went to the haven and sit next to Alla? (Osama Benladin)
If you like to see the true color of everything, you have to take off your sun glassess , if not you will see very thing the same color of which you wearing.
If you really like to find out which teaching is dangerous , please go to one of independend non religion website below
thereligionofpeace.com
to find out , It's will help yourself a lot Sam
Thank again,.for your post unfornally not to many people to interesting on the this web any more.
VVK. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 10/15/11 23:19
A: Hi VVK,

You said, "Acctualy, you can find out yourself which teaching, which belief or which religion is dangerous, killing a lot of inocent people, still happening every single day in the wold, it 's very simple , just find out the answer of this question."

There after you mention 3 people, the pope , the Dalai Lama & Bin ladin.

Are trying to judge the 3 religion by giving an example of 3 people ?!!!.

That only shows, that you are a very simple minded person, a person who has no knowledge of the Christianity or Islam religions, and has no knowledge of the history of these religions.

Those 3 men you represent they are famous indeed .
As for the pope, he is the head of the catholic church.
As for the Dalai Lama , he is the head of the Buddhist group in the Tippet, and came to the west for support against the occupation of his county by the Chinese, and the west used him and made of him a great man all that because it is against China, and not the love of the Dalai Lama people, you should know this fact.
As for Bin-Laden, He was regarded as a hero when he was fiting the Russians in Afaganistan, you should know this fact, and the west supported him and gave him arm to fight their enemies "the Russians".
This man is A Saudi Arabian , and his home land is occupied by the American bases and they support the king whom he kept the country under the rules of his own family [no democracy], and the people want their freedom from the king and from those outsiders who brought their army to support the king, and what happen in 9/11 is a result of the occupation. If the occupation of Saudi Arabia was lifted then that DAY will never happen.

A wise person do not take 3 men as an example to judge the 3 religions, but he will look at the history of these religions.
The Muslims in China , Indonisia, Malaysia, and in most part of Africa they freely chose Islam. Muslims they never occupied those places.

Muslims when came to Spain , Europe was in its dark ages, but the Muslims who brought the GOLDEN AGE to Europe, and the never forced the Christians or the Jews to convert to Islam, VVK please read the history.

The Christians [Spanish, Porugese, English, French, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Chinese] they conquer and occupied most of the world, killing hundreds of million peoples, and they slave people, and stole the land and the everything in it [gold , silver, petrol etc.] and forced people to became Christians, and the example are many but let bring few.
The Mayan & the Eztec & the red Indian, the the blacks in Africa taken slave by the millions, and in Asia, the Indians , the Vietnamese and many others fought the occupation for hundreds of years and millions died before they get their freedom.

VVK, you did not hear about the hundred year war in Europe, and you did not hear about INQUISISION, and about Hitler, Stalin , Mao & Goeorge W. Bush, and what about Hirohito. And you did not hear about the 2 big wars were millions of people killed, and you did not hear about the French occupation to Algeria and trying to annex the is African country to France, and the Algerians lost over 2 millioms of it is people who died for their own freedom.

VVK, I think that you are not looking for the truth, but to support the western propoganda in their continious attack against Islam.

Dear VVK, you should be fair in your judgment, and do not let the hate to inter your heart.

Not all the Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Hindus are bad, since there are good people and bad ones in every tribes on this earth, and one should not bring (A) pope as a representation to (ALL) peopes, because the history tells us there are many (BAD) popes too [please read their history - not from the catholic site, because in their site all popes are like angels and saints, and there are 10 thousand of them !!!]

Take care, my freind. 
Name: vvk  •  Date: 10/21/11 3:05
A: THIS BUFFALO HAS CHANGED THE LIFE OF THESE BUTCHERS

According to the news release from China’s People’s News, whether people believe it or not, this incident actually happened in Hong Kong. The Weekly World News reported that a group of workers were bringing a water buffalo into a packaging factory, ready to slaughter it to make steak and beef stew.

When they approached the front door of the slaughterhouse, the sorrowful buffalo suddenly stood still, refusing to move forward, kneeling on its two front knees, and with tears streaming from its eyes.

How could the buffalo have already been aware that it was going to be slaughtered, before entering the slaughterhouse? This shows that it was even more alert than many a person. "When I saw what is believed to be a stupid animal actually crying, and when I noticed that its eyes were full of fear and sadness, I could not help but shiver." Extremely shocked by this, butcher Shiu Tat-Nin recalled:"I quickly called other people to come see, and they were as surprised as I was! We pushed and pulled the water buffalo, but it would not move; it just sat there crying constantly." Billy Fong, the boss of the Hong Kong packaging plant said, "Mankind has always thought that animals are not like people who can cry, but this buffalo is really sobbing like a baby!"

At that time there were at least a dozen strong, burly men present, but their hearts were softened by the buffalo's crying, and those who were responsible for killing water buffaloes were even more touched by this, tears welling out of their eyes.

Buffalo weeping nonstop
When workers from other slaughterhouses heard the news, they also ran to the crying and kneeling buffalo, and the site was soon crowded with people who were astonished at what they saw. Three of them were so shocked that they said that from now on, even when they slaughter other kinds of animals, they will never forget that buffalo’s tears.

At the point when a buffalo is crying and people are crying as well, we can all be sure that none of them will kill the buffalo now. Then the question was how to take care of this matter. Finally, they decided to buy the water buffalo with cash, and then they sent it to a Buddhist temple, for the monastic to take good care of it, so that it could be assured of living out its life peacefully. When this decision was made, an amazing thing happened again: "When there was an assurance that the buffalo would not be killed, it finally agreed to move, got up, and it’s here with us." How could a water buffalo understand human words? Shiu said: "Whether you believe it or not, this is really true, although it sounds really incredible." Undoubtedly, this buffalo has changed the lives of these butchers

http://renminbao.com/-rmb/articles/2011/4/16/54517b.htm-l- 
Name: sam  •  Date: 10/21/11 22:12
A: V V K,

THANK YOU.....THANK YOU....THANK YOU

Thank you for this story.
As I know from reading the books of the many religions out there, that NONE ever mentioned animal as they are communities like the human, that we are to care about not to waste or hurt when we use at work or for food.

The only book which mentioned all that , for the animal and even insects is THE QURAN.

Q- 6:38 AND THERE IS NO CREATURE ON [OR WITHIN] THE EARTH OR BIRD THAT FLIES WITH WINGS EXCEPT [THAT THEY ARE] COMMUNITIES LIKE YOU. WE HAVE NOT NEGLECTED IN THE REGISTER A THING. THEN UNTO THEIR LORD THEY WILL BE GATHERED.

In the Quran, there are chapter named after insects.
- Chapter (16) the BEES.
- Chapter (27) the ANTS.

Q- 16:68/69 And your Lord inspired to the BEE, "Take for yourself among the mountains, houses [i.e.,hives] and among the trees and in that which they construct.
Then eat from all the fruits and follow the ways of your Lord laid down for you." There emerges from their bellies a drink, varying in colors, IN WHICH THERE IS HEALING FOR PEOPLE, Indeed in that is a sign for people who give thought.

All that came 1400 years ago.

What happen in China is true, because I myself witness the same , the first when I was very young [In Lebanon] and the second 35 years ago in Australia.

I will tell my stories in my next post.

Until then, I wish you all the best. 
Name: vvk  •  Date: 10/24/11 20:06
A: EIGHT MORALS OR RULES

1. The world should avoid discriminating against otherhuman beings according to their caste, religion, gender and color etc.

2. The world should respect the religions of others and should strictly avoid comparing one’s own or another’s religion as superior or inferior.

3. The world should not follow the religious or irreligious doctrinal principles which are harmful or discriminative ofcaste, religion, gender, societies, fame and income etc.

4. The world should avoid dividing nations by labeling them as friends or enemies.

5. The world should avoid practicing negative actions and other actions which are inhuman and wicked.

6. The world should stop exaggerating (i.e. claiming to have achieved enlightenment or other forms which are not attained) and devaluation (i.e. by ignorance or jealousy making somebody or something seem quite less important than that person or thing really is).

7. The world should practice the three training principles:discipline, concentration and wisdom as well as dedicatingtheir life to serving society and the nation.

8. The world should strive to attain perfect enlightenment for the benefit of all sentient beings.

Teachings given on October 8th 2010

Homage to Guru Dharma!
Homage to Guru, and Maitri to all religions and communities!
For world peace and to benefit all sentient beings, I’m giving this message of peace to the world with new wisdom and a new method.
I , Dharma Sangha, will continue penance for nine months more. Afterwards, I will teach the wisdom and pure Dharma to those devotees who wander here in search of receiving that which is given to me by the Buddhas. Also I will continue to do meditation and penance.
The wisdom which is given to me by the Buddhas is Bodhi Shrawan Dharma, to which I have listened and understood from the Buddhas themselves, and also by following those paths of wisdom and I will be telling that wisdom according to devotees’ needs and capacity of understanding.

This Dharma is a path, full of the pure Wisdom of the Buddhas. Modern people believe that, Dharma is a principle and institution, and though they have reached the meaning of Dharma closely, they are in fact far from real Dharma.
I believe that those who practice the eight moralities, and understand the real Dharma will practice the pure Dharma.
Eight moralities or rules are:

1.Not to discriminate against human beings according to their cast, religion, gender or color etc.
2.Not to humiliate religions by comparing them as superior or inferior.
3.Not to accept discriminative doctrinal principles.
4.Not to think of nations as separate or treat countries as friends and enemies.
5.To avoid debates and arguments as to whether something is true or false as one view will likely be undervalued and another exaggerated.
6.Not to practice the 10 negative actions.
7.To practice three training moral discipline, concentration and wisdom and the dedication of your life to social and national services.
8.To attain perfect enlightenment or dedicate yourself to get liberation for oneself or others.
I would like to tell the world to practice the eight moralities or rules. Practice all the moralities and spread the pure Dharma and peace in the world.
Besides this, I focus on keeping the spiritual Gurus and lay persons away from greed, fame, ignorance and attachment and always focus on attaining perfect happiness and peace for as long as life exists.
Finally, let’s make this world a Dharma world which is very suitable to live in not only for human beings, animals, living creatures, and plants, but also for Buddhas.
May All Beings Be Happy. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 10/27/11 23:00
A: V V K,

YOU ARE ALL TALK & TALK, BUT YOU KNOW NOTHING, BECAUSE YOU BRING WHATEVER YOU READ WITHOUT USING YOUR BRAIN IN A LOGICAL WAY AS SUPPOSE TO BE.

In you other post , the "CHRISTIANITY" , YOU WROTE"

"[31] Newsweek, p.33: The last lines read: I do not want anything to do with God. I am sick of religion. It is a crutch for the weak.. We make God into what we need for the moment. I hate God. I hate all those who try to explain God when they really don’t know."

And now you try to bring the Busshist teaching as the ideal one !!!

ONE DAY HATE & HATE AND ANOTHER DAY LOVE & PEACE

V V K, DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHO YOU ARE ?.

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU WRITE AND GIVE YOUR OPINION.

MY ADVICE TO YOU, THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU GIVE YOUR ADVICE TO THE OTHERS BY TRYING TO CONVINCE THEM TO TURN TO YOUR KIND OF BELIEFS, BECAUSE FROM WHAT YOU WRITE YOU CAN BE JUDGED AS NAIVE.
YOU DID NOT TRY TO BRING YOUR OWN, BUT ALL WHAT YOU CAME WITH CAME FROM THE OTHERS [ THE COPY & PASTE WAY !!!] 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD