Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » "ONLY" .... What realy it means ?
Hello, guest
Name: sam  •  Title: "ONLY" .... What realy it means ?  •  Date posted: 06/08/11 21:46
Q: ONLY , what it means?

In the OXFORD dictionary :
ONLY - SOLELY, MERELY, EXCLUSIVELY, JUST.

Some will wonder why I brought this word “ONLY” for a discussion, and my answer is, when the word ONLY is spoken by JESUS had to be taken as the TRUTH, and when Jesus say it HE meant it, and HE did not mean anything else.

Watching lectures by Dr. Jerald Dirks on ‘youtube’ [From Jesus to Muhammad: A History of Early Christianity ]
[Islamic Trajectories in Early Christianity 1/6 ]
Dr. Dirks quoted verses from the Bible:

Mat. - 10:5/6 These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “DO NOT GO IN THE WAY OF THE GENTILES, AND DO NOT ENTER ANY CITY OF THE SAMARITANS; BUT RATHER GO TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.

Mat. - 15:24 But HE [Jesus] answered and said, “ I WAS SENT ONLY TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.”

That is the clear and true message of Jesus, and it was supported by His Apostles:

Acts - 11:19 So then those who were scattered because of the persecution that occured in connection with Stephen made their way to Phoenicia and Cyprus and Antioch, SPEAKING THE WORD TO NO ONE EXCEPT TO JEWS ALONE.

ONLY TO THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL ...... TO JEWS ALONE. That was the Message of Jesus and His Apostles.

Of course The Quran came after 600 years to prove the words of Jesus and His teachings:

Q- 3:47-49 She [Mary] said, “My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me ?” [The Angel] said, “ Such is Allah; HE creates what HE wills. When HE decrees a matter, HE only says to it, ‘BE,’ and it is.
And HE will teach Him writing and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel.
AND [make Him] A MESSENGER TO THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL ,.....

That was the words of Jesus and His Apostles, BUT, DOES THE CHRISTIANS FOLLOW JESUS WHEN THEY CLAIM THAT JESUS CAME TO THE WHOLE WORLD, AND NOT ONLY FOR THE JEWS !!!???.
I am sure that every Christian will come to defend the idea ‘ that Jesus came to save the world’, forgetting Jesus words, BUT they will bring the words of Paul and the Popes and the Bishops, and what Pat Robertson and Benny Hinn said.

According to Dr. Dirks , the early churches in Jerusalem, Alexandria, Antioch and others in the east, each of them has its own books [Gospels] , and they differ from one another, and Gospel witch the Christian use today came much later on, and after many centuries. The churches pick and chose what they like fit and goes in line with the teaching of Paul and his followers.

Dr. Dirks is not alone to bring the truth, but many other highly educated and scholars who study the history of the Bible and the Divinity came to the same conclusion. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD