Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » What would Jesus do?
Hello, guest
Name: betty47  •  Title: What would Jesus do?  •  Date posted: 04/09/07 0:49
Q: Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all my Christian and Jewish friends.

I wonder, if Jesus were alive today, what do you think he'd believe? What would he do? He was Jewish. He preached concepts in the Torah. He did not preach the Trinity. He did not celebrate December 25th. He celebrated Passover and other Jewish holidays. I wonder if we Christians celebrate his life and his message as he really intended. How can we be more like Jesus? Are we Christians really like Jesus? Should we celebrate more Jewish customs and not pagan customs which have been mixed with Christianity over the centuries? Just some thoughts on this holy day. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: jsm  •  Date: 04/09/07 2:09
A: betty47,

"How can we be more like Jesus?"

I suggest reading the Max Lucado book, Just like Jesus. Great book that would answer your question. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 04/09/07 22:17
A: betty47

" What would Jesus do? ". This is the title of a program that I watched yesterday on CNN. And the question was, "what Jesus do if He came to Los Angelos or Miami etc., but they did not Mention Rome or in better word, THE VATICAN !.

while we watching TV, and see what is going on, in the western world, either by some of the churches leaders, and their abuses , or by some christians and others doing their acts to be put on the screen while it is full of (crime, nudity, sexuality, abuse, and some has nothing in the script except the FLW), Plus a lot of other bad things that no believer in any religion will accept, and my wife say to me, "I hope Isa (Jesus) come back to see what His people are doing" then she add, asking me, "You think if Isa (Jesus )come back, they will believe Him", and my answer is, " NO, They will kill Him, they done it before, and they will do it now".

Answers to "what would Jesus do?". TWO possibilities.
Of course, when God who sent Him before, will send Him again.

The first possibility:
-The first thing is "To visit ROME, the place that created and developed His teaching, and He will break all the statues (His and His mother and the saints) and burn all the pictures and the art work, all the thing which been claimed as their images. And He will tell the popes and bishops and the people, that His words were switched, then He will ask them, "did Moses gave you the commandments of God? ,
# 1 YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.
# 2, YOU SHALL NOT MAKE FOR YOURSELF AN IDOL, OR ANY
LIKENESS OF WHAT IS IN HEAVEN ABOVE OR ON THE EARTH BENEATH OR IN THE WATER UNDER THE EARTH.
And He will say to them:
- Did I remind you again about those commandments, and told you that THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and I said, THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD, did you understand that "THE LORD .."OUR"..GOD " that HE is MY GOD AND YOURS?.
- Did I spent whole nights IN PRAYER TO GOD?. Do you understand what that means?
- Did I tell you that whoever speaks against THE HOLY SPIRIT-GOD- it shall not be forgiven him?.
- Did I tell you that I am a prophet (MR6:3/4), and I am the son of man (J8:28) many, many times?.
And after all what I said, HOW CAN YOU CLAIM ON ME WHAT I AM NOT.
You are "Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men." And, "YOU ARE EXPERTS AT SETTING ASIDE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR TRADITION."

The second possibility: which will come as a result of the first one is.
The pope and his bishops and cardinals etc., will fight back to protect the KINGDOM OF THEIR GOD JESUS on earth, and He will be judged, and He will be found guilty, of breaking and entering, and of distructions of the holy properties, and spreading lies, and performing magic, and of heresy, and many others, and He will be condemned....... Bur as of the verdict and what will happen after , "no one knows, not the Angels of heaven, NOR THE SON, BUT THE FATHER ALONE."
What happen before 2000 years MIGHT happen again, God knows. Today the Roman church is far greater Empire than the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus.
God save -----. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/09/07 22:53
A: The Protestants did exactly what you are advicating.Where in the Bible are the scriptures predicting the 2nd Coming? 
Name: sam  •  Date: 04/11/07 1:10
A: Panluna,

You asked: "Where in the Bible are the scriptures predicting the 2nd Coming? "

Mat- 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the 'SON OF MAN' in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the 'SON OF MAN' COMING in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

Also you said: "The Protestants did exactly what you are advicating".

I know that the Protestant did a lot of changes, and that is good, but you are still short in the matters which much more important, and that is the believing in Jesus as the son of God and in the Trinity, and knowing that was in the first preached by people who never met Jesus (as Paul, who preached that Jesus is the son of God for the first time in Damascus,after the death of Jesus, and away from the holy land and its people) and also was fabricated by the Romans and the bishops (you know the story).
Whrn you read (Mat 24:30) you will find the "THE SON OF MAN" REPEATED TWICE, in was repeated a total of 89 times in the four gospels. And Jesus mentioned Himself as a prophet, ans as a servant to God and so many others(if you like I will bring them to you and explain them) Jesus words are very simple to understand, but the Trinity is very hard to be accepted logically or to understand it.
Former catholic Nun who turned to Protestant wrote:
"I BELIEVE IN THE TRINITY....I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT WORK"

And the retired Bishop John S. Spong wrote:
"THE GOSPELS CANNOT BE TRUSTED TO BE RELIABLE"

You sould believe and trust only in the words of Jesus, otherwise you will be Judged for what you say or claim about God. Jesus said:
"WHOEVER SPEAKS A WORD AGAINST THE SON OF MAN (JESUS), IT SHALL BE FORGIVEN HIM...."
"...BUT WHOEVER SPEAKS AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT (GOD), IT SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN HIM , either in this age or the age to come."

Can you the difference between Jesus & GOD ?.

God bless you. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/11/07 2:12
A: The Divine Spirit has always been first in my heart.Thank you for your answer. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 04/11/07 13:56
A: Panluna,

You said: "The Divine Spirit has always been first in my heart".

When Jesus said "AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT", He means GOD. So, my question to you is: "Is the Divine Spirit in your heart, is the spirit of God or Jesus?
Do you believe in the Trinity and Jesus is God, and Jesus created the universe (that is what all the christians believes, catholic protestant etc.)

Is what JESUS SAID here means anything to you?
"DO NOT CALL ANYONE ON EARTH (that include Jesus) YOUR FATHER, FOR ONE IS YOUR FATHER, HE WHO IS IN HEAVEN"

"WHY DO YOU CALL ME GOOD???, NO ONE IS GOOD EXCEPT GOD ALONE.....GOD ALONE."
God bless you. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/11/07 18:31
A: @Sam,
The Divine Spirit to me equates to your God,The Almighty.Jesus was only human and did not declare himself the son of God in the way he is worshipped today.There is symbolism in the relationship Jesus had with God(YEWAH) which could give the idea that we are all children of the universe and share the divine spark---the Christos (greek) which is were the name Christ originated:ONE WHO IS ILLUMINATED and has a strong spiritual connection with the divine.
@Betty47
There are agreat many beautiful sculptures,paintings,songs and buildings in the form of churches,mosques,temples and synagogues which reminds us of our relationship to the Divinity.I would not want to see the great works of all humankind destroyed just because someone lost faith.
For me a natural setting works fine and the true relationship with the Divine Spirit (fifth element)begins within . 
Name: onewhoknows  •  Date: 04/11/07 18:56
A: I would think He would be more concerned with us loving God and our neighbor than being so concerned about Jewish tradition, specific days of worship, etc. When believers are overly concerned about little "specks" of specifics.... They often miss seeing the big "log" that is about to konk them on the head. 
Name: Perceptions  •  Date: 04/11/07 23:24
A: Hi Sam ,
Could you please take a look at the post "Who'll come"! I appreciate. 
Name: roy  •  Date: 04/13/07 0:19
A: In the future no Jesus or any prophet will come again. Although christians and half of muslims believe so, it is not written anywhere except sceptical hadith books for muslims. Why should he come? What is the odds to convert everyone in second descend, as he couldnt convince 100 % of the living people in his first coming?
If anyone comes, I may claim, Solomon, comes. What is the difference? Jesus was a human and died as usual people. Why the lucky latest generation has the honor to welcome him again? What is their prerogative,a favored nation? There is judgement day, be patient we shall witness what was the truth among our disputes about him. Untill then keep safe and sound. 
Name: jsm  •  Date: 04/13/07 16:54
A: Roy,

"In the future no Jesus or any prophet will come again. Although Christians and half of Muslims believe so, it is not written anywhere except skeptical hadith books for Muslims."

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left. Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect." (Matthew 24:36-44)

"For the Lord [Jesus] himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. But as to the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. When people say, 'There is peace and security,' then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief. For you are all sons of light and sons of the day; we are not of the night or of darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. For those who sleep sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But, since we belong to the day, let us be sober, and put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we wake or sleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." (1 Thessalonian 4:16-5:11)

"Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems; and he has a name inscribed which no one knows but himself. He is clad in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, followed him on white horses. From his mouth issues a sharp sword with which to smite the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron; he will tread the wine press of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name inscribed, King of kings and Lord of lords." (Revelation 19:11-16)

He who comes is called the word of God.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word WAS God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The idea that it is not written anywhere of the second coming of Jesus is nonsense. Have you ever read the bible? 
Name: roy  •  Date: 04/14/07 15:00
A: Jsm,
I havent noticed these parts in bible. We have the assumption that it is from the true part of bible (God original). If so, I believe in Jesus will come. If the verses are from added parts, I have the right to say I dont believe any Jesus will come.
Do we have any proof that it was from original version of Bible? We have the same problem with Mohammad sas aleged sayings books.
Some of the words may be truth, but it is similar to eating a poisoned food. You can not differ true from false, so better leave away all at once.
Regards 
Name: jsm  •  Date: 04/14/07 18:05
A: roy,

As there is no way of proving which books of the bible were inspired by God, I believe with my faith that it is all the truth, but as for the verses I've supplied and the books their in they were all disciples of Jesus.

Paul wrote Thessalonian.
John wrote John (of course) and revelations.
And Mathew wrote Mathew (yet again of course)

We have all the original manuscripts for the new testament. So they can easily be read and translated, any skeptic can say the new testament is completely translated right and complete. The fascinating thing about the verse from Thessalonian, being from the writer Paul, is that Paul used to hunt down and kill Christians (as Saul), since it doesn't seem like you've read all the stories of the bible I'll copy and paste the story for you to read, its actually really good.

Saul was an angry man who persecuted Christians. Saul was on his way to Damascus to arrest any Christians that were in the synagogues. Then an amazing thing happened. Saul was thinking about how he could hurt the Christians as he traveled. As he came near Damascus, a bright light suddenly shone down from heaven.

Acts 9:4-5
Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him,
"Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"
And he said, "Who are You, Lord?"
Then the Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.."

It is hard for you to fight against me. Go now into Damascus and you will be told what you must do." When Saul got up from the ground, he was blind. Others had to lead him by the hand into the city. For three days Saul was blind and did not eat or drink anything. God told a man named Ananias in a dream that he should go see Saul. He found Saul and laid his hands on him, and Saul was able to see again. The preacher told him to arise and be baptized and wash away his sins.

Saul was sorry for the things he had been doing. He began doing the things that Jesus wanted him to do. After his conversion, Saul's name was changed to Paul, and he spent the rest of his life serving Jesus and teaching people about him. He became a missionary to people all over the world. A missionary is a person who is sent by a church to teach about Christ.

Paul, the apostle, suffered many persecutions. Instead of being the person who hurt other Christians, he became persecuted himself for Christ's sake.

If you have any more questions ask, I'm in a hurry so I tried to get through this quickly haha but I gotta go to work. I'll be on later tonight. 
Name: roy  •  Date: 04/15/07 11:32
I am appreciated what you wrote, it seems to me all prophets enemies as Saul, becomes fierce defendants of them, later on. It was same story for Omar who was a fighter against Mohammad, but later became Khalifa ~ second ruler of islamic state.
I am interested in correct verses of bible with no doubt that it is from Jesus. As Constantine hasnt succeeded to find out the true bible among 26, the chances are we cant decide which bible says the truth and has been kept as original. Only way is double check with other sources, arceological findings, scientific developments. Or leave the poisoned soup altogether to eat fresh soup.We upgraded a new version of revelational book~Quran. This is what we muslims are doing, keeping faith in Christianity, jewish at the same time. We muslim-christians may be a more correct path followers than others. We recognized the possibility of less enlightened christians has their own right to expect heaven as result of their good will. 
Name: jsm  •  Date: 04/15/07 19:06
A: Roy,

I found an interesting article I thought you might like to read. Take out any - if their in the link. (except after escape and after from) So it should be /escape-from-darkness

http://ww-w.answersingenesis.org/articles/am-/v2/n1/escape-from-darkness

And- on the note of Jesus's return. Out of the 27 books in the new testament, 23 mention his return in the end of days.

A great site I found deals with the different versions of the bible, which is the most accurate. I personally use the King James version because it is proven to be the most accurate. http://www.hissheep.org/kjv/which_vers-ion_of_the_bible_is_most_accurate.html- 
Name: roy  •  Date: 04/16/07 21:44
Its gotto be long answer;
The lost Iranian man! I am sorry for him. Usually some young men are over active in their early years trying to change the world. They throw themselves from one polar ideology to the opposite. They are disillisioned when saw the unfairness in one extreme. They hate and prefer the other extreme.
Islam orders moderation.

Nobody is insulting or getting killed in any islamic majority country if changed religion. It is unlikely to change religion but if occurs no one gives a damn, except it is a magazine material.
Here you will find a model fell in love with a greek orthodox, decided to be christian. A major Turk newspaper put on the headline. She is still alive, haha
http://arsiv.sabah.com.-tr/2005/09/23/gnd120.html

-I- put down my research about the answers to the stupid iranian or some other powers behind the "imaginary iranian".

ANSWERS TO A CRITICS LADEN NON-BELIEVER AGAINST MUSLIM FAITH.

4:82 DO THEY NOT CONSIDER THE QURAN (WITH CARE)? HAD IT BEEN FROM OTHER THAN ALLAH, THEY WOULD SURELY HAVE FOUND THEREIN MUCH DISCREPANCY.

9:32- Fain would they extinguish Allah's light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that his light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

61:8- Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light (by blowing) with their mouths: but Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

74 : 16-26 By no means! For to Ours Signs he has been refractory! Soon will I visit him with a mount of calamities! For he thought and he plotted; And woe to him! How he plotted! Yea, woe to him: how he plotted! Then he looked round; Then he frowned and he scowled; Then he turned back and was haughty; Then said he: This is nothing but magic, derived from of old; This is nothing but the word of a mortal! Soon will I cast him into Hell Fire!

3:119 Lo! you are they who will love them while they do not love you, and you believe in the Book (in) the whole of it; and when they meet you they say: We believe, and when they are alone, they bite the ends of their fingers in rage against you. Say: Die in your rage; surely Allah knows what is in the breasts.

MISCONCEPTION : sex with captives

33:50 O Prophet! surely We have made lawful to you your wives whom you have given their dowries, and those whom your right hand possesses out of those whom Allah has given to you as prisoners of war,

If you correctly study how the marriages took place at the life of Prophet Mohammed (saas), you can be convinced. They were all made with the consent of the ladies~we accept them as mothers of all muslims. They were for protection of ladies or political purposes, which were granted to the honorable woman of that time. It built bridges of love between the comunities, eased the way of surrounding people getting in touch with the devine message.

You may not even compare the prisoners of war what had been made to the girls, babies and woman throughout history or today with those during era of Prophet Mohammed.

Study well and witness the mercy granted even to the dog with puppies which stand milking them on the path of army. Prophet Mohammed (saas) ordered the army to change the track in order not to disturb the mother dog. Can you guess this man could be any cruel to any lady?

MISCONCEPTION : Prophet (saas) marriage with uncle’s daughter of six.

The claims are baseless and has no facts in it. The mother of muslims Aishah (rad) was 17 when got engaged and older than 18 when got married. She is one of the main source of hadiths (words ) from prophet. She became a teacher during revelations. She was a leader in all respects, even commanded a battle after death of prophet.
Even today the age of woman in Egypt is counted as the years passed after first menstruation. The false claims may be caused by that. There are strong written evidences about age of Aishah, this historical fact.

MISCONCEPTION : Mistake of one muslim may not be generalised.

I am not from Iran. Any muslim nation is honorable have many virtues, however have some problems too. Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini is neither representing Islam nor a leader to be chosen by cleric of any sect of Islam. He was one of the mollahs claiming had super powers, non mistakable in remarks. He might have written books which I am not aware of. Everybody has freedom what to say, but does not necessarily represents Islam. Always remember that Islam is a complete way of life from the Creator, and that Muslims are people who claim to follow that way of life. A Muslim may claim to follow Islam, but be wrong. The petty governments of many `Muslim countries' today do not apply many principles of Islam and in fact commit many crimes against the people. By the same token, many `Non Muslim countries' follow the paths of islamic doctrines unknowingly, and solve relevant problems.

MISCONCEPTION : woman beating

4:34 Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly)/send them away; but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

Although many translations tend to describe the word beat them it may also translated with the other meanings of the same word ~ /beat them / get them out of house/ send them away from where they stay. The traditional women oppression societies had taken the advantageous first meaning of the word.

On the other hand, even if we take the word as “beat them” beating described as the last resort coming after admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly).

It may be even advocated beating to be better than divorcing the vulnerable lady with children out to field. However the divorce probability always kept at reserve by woman and man in 3 phases, without any difficulty.

MISCONCEPTION :Punishment who commits crime against Allah or Mohamed.

5:32-34 On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person- unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land- it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our Messengers with Clear Signs, yet, even after that, many of then continued to commit excesses in the land.

The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

You have better read the verse with before and after it. Did you see any cruelty in this or the opposite. You are blinded to the extent even to omit the fact that Old testament has the same verses, rules crimes committed against humanity.

MISCONCEPTION: Those who dont beleive in Islam will burn in hell forever.

2.62: Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Is there anything said what you claim above? There are at least 50 verses saying :~ whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord.

22:50- Those who believe and work Righteousness, for them is forgiveness and a sustenance most generous.

85: 11- For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will be Gardens beneath which Rivers flow: that is the great Salvation, (the fulfillment of all desires),

98: 7- Those who have Faith and do righteous deeds, they are the best of creatures.

56: 10-14 And those Foremost (in Faith) will be foremost (in the Hereafter). These will be those Nearest to Allah: In Gardens of Bliss: A number of people from those of old, And a few from those of later times.

It is quite misleading claiming the opposit.

MISCONCEPTION: Those who reject Islam will be forced to drink boiling fetid water, and they will still not die after going through this unthinkable torture.

14:13-18 And the Unbelievers said to their messengers: "Be sure we shall drive you out of our land, or ye shall return to our religion." But their Lord inspired (this Message) to them: "Verily We shall cause the wrongdoers to perish!

"And verily We shall cause you to abide in the land, and succeed them. This for such as fear the Time when they shall stand before My tribunal- such as fear the Punishment denounced."

But they sought victory and decision (there and then), and frustration was the lot of every powerful obstinate transgressor.

In front of such a one is Hell, and he is given, for drink, boiling fetid water.

In gulps will he sip it, but never will he be near swallowing it down his throat: death will come to him from every quarter, yet will he not die: and in front of him will be a chastisement unrelenting.

They are not simply those who rejects İslam but actively treathening that they shall drive believers out of their land, or force them to return to non-believers religion.
(This tragedy happened in Spain inqusition, your jew anchestors survived either after accepting Catolic demands or flee to muslim countries. They are still living among us equally proud with name of Safarad or (from rest of Europe) Eskinasi jews) For details read the following; http://www.crisismagazine.com/octo-b-er2003/madden.htm

MISCONCEPTIO-N-- : Those who deny 'Allah' will be punished by pouring boiling water on their heads, and forcing them to wear clothes made from fire. This will cause their bodies to be scalded and burnt both from inside and outside. Their skin and whatever there is in their abdomens, will be melted. Furthermore, they will be punished with chains and whips made from Iron.And If they try to run from all these torturous suffering, they shall be forced to turn back into it.

22 :19-25 These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: but those who deny (their Lord), for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads will be poured out boiling water.

With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins.

In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them.

Every time they wish to get away therefrom from anguish, they will be forced back therein, and (It will be said), taste ye the Penalty of burning!

Allah will admit those Who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow: they shall be Adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk.

For they have been guided (In this life) to the purest of speeches; they have been guided to the path of Him Who is worthy of (all) praise.

As to who have rejected (Allah), and would keep back (men) from the way of Allah, and From the Sacred Mosque, which We have made (open) to (all) men Equal is the dweller there and the visitor from the country and any whose purpose therein Is profanity or wrong doing them will we cause to taste Of a most grievous penalty.

You can understand from above clearly and you try to hide again the truth, delude the people. The punishment is not for who have rejected (Allah), It is again not for the passive Rejecters but for those actively fight against İslam try to keep back (men) from the way of Allah, and From the Sacred Mosque. Simple Rejecters are kept at their choise, as one can not cover against for more than thousand years of practice in history.

2: 256- Let there be no compulsion in religion.

60: 8-9 Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.
Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

MISCONCEPTION; rejecters punishment is extreme!

76 :2-5 Verily We created man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: so We gave him (the gifts). Of Hearing and Sight. We showed him the Way: whether he be grateful or ungrateful (rests on his will). For the Rejecters We have prepared chains, Yokes, and a Blazing Fire. As to the Righteous, they shall drink of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Kafur,

It is fairly described by our Creator who has the right to do what He wishes to do with us. It is commensurate what He gives and asked in return.

MISCONCEPTION extra marital sex punished with stoning.

Although there were several cases of the stoning punishment actually it was inherited from jewish tradition, lived in Arabia, not ordered with any verses in Quran. The punishment is described for those who commit adultery as follows.

24 : 2-3 The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication, flog each of them with a hundred stripes: let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.
Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry any but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.

If any adulterious person would have been faced capital punishment how had it be possible ordered not to marry them? There would have been no adultry acting woman or man living left around. It is very clear. On the contrary to claim someone with adultry is heavily punished so that human rights and private life have been secured. The conditions of proof of adultery is hardened, by bringing 4 witness, almost impossible, to prove but for sure if it is once proven.

24.:4 And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations),- flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors;- Unless they repent thereafter and mend (their conduct); for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

MISCONCEPTION : people will be flogged for consuming alchohol, drugs, slandering.

Slandering is not mentioned for punishment, however it is required severe reprimand if occured, except adultry slandering punishment to which is stated above. Alcohol (drugs) consumption hold back to be punished neither recommended, nor ordered anywhere in Qoran. It is a big deception. Even some of the prizes includes wine in heaven. Though it will be different than worldly, not cause any dizziness or paralyze will-power.

76:5 As to the Righteous, they shall drink of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Kafur,- A Fountain where the Devotees of Allah do drink, making it flow in unstinted abundance.

47:15 A similitude of the Garden which those who keep their duty (to Allah) are promised: Therein are rivers of water unpolluted, and rivers of milk whereof the flavour changeth not, and rivers of wine delicious to the drinkers, and rivers of clear-run honey; therein for them is every kind of fruit, with pardon from their Lord. (Are those who enjoy all this) like those who are immortal in the Fire and are given boiling water to drink so that it teareth their bowels?

37:43-47 In Gardens of Felicity, Facing each other on Thrones (of dignity Round will be passed to them a Cup from a clear flowing fountain Crystal white, of a taste delicious to those who drink (thereof), Free from headiness; nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom.

76:17-22 And they will be given to drink there of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Zanjabil A fountain there, called Salsabil.
And round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness): If thou seest them, thou wouldst think them scattered Pearls. And when thou lookest, it is there thou wilt see a Bliss and a Realm Magnificent. Upon them will be green Garments of fine silk and heavy brocade, and they will be adorned with bracelets of silver; and their Lord will give to them to drink of a Wine Pure and Holy. Verily this is a Reward for you, and your Endeavour is accepted and recognized.

78 :31-34 Verily for the Righteous there will be a fulfillment of (the Heart's) desires; Gardens enclosed, and Grapevines Companions of Equal Age; And a Cup full (to the Brim).

83 : 22-28 Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss: On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all things): Thou wilt recognize in their Faces the beaming brightness of Bliss. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed: The seal thereof will be musk: and for this let those aspire, who have aspirations: With it will be (given) a mixture of Tasnim:A spring, from (the waters) whereof drink those Nearest to Allah.

Some alcohol related verses are written below. They let people decide freely on discontinue drinking alcohol at their own will. Discourages believers from praying (biggest punishment for loved ones) if they are drunk. Please observe the mention of drunkenness by the same sentence, calling upon dirtiness. Please judge on your conscience if it is fair or not.

5 : 91- Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?
16 : 67- And from the fruit of the date palm and the vine, ye get out wholesome drink and food: behold, in this also is a sign for those who are wise.

4 : 43- O you who believe! do not go near prayer when you are Intoxicated until you know (well) what you say, nor when you are under an obligation to perform a bath-- unless (you are) travelling on the road-- until you have washed yourselves; and if you are sick, or on a journey, or one of you come from the privy or you have touched the women, and you cannot find water, betake yourselves to pure earth, then wipe your faces and your hands; surely Allah is Pardoning, Forgiving.

MISCONCEPTION : Any religion except Islam will not be accepted.

3:85 If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).

Yes true but with a huge difference when you accept the religions throughout history from Prophet Adam till Mohammed has been single religion which is called Islam.

3:19 Surely the (true) religion with Allah is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning.

3:65,67-68 O followers of the Book! why do you dispute about Ibrahim, when the Taurat and the Injeel were not revealed till after him; do you not then understand? Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists.
Most surely the nearest of people to Ibrahim are those who followed him and this Prophet and those who believe and Allah is the guardian of the believers.

22 :78- And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah! He is your Protector- the best to protect and the best to help!

MISCONCEPTION : Hadith books Sahih Bukhari, Gazali etc.. are the unmistaken sources of religion.

The valid hadith (word) is only used for the ones which refers the words of Allah as mentioned in Qoran. No other hadith book has been allowed or ordered to obey by Allah except His hadith (word). Prophet himself has ordered to burn all other words of him in his life; correctly predicting the pitfall of subtitude or mixing with Allah hadith~word of Qoran. All the books attributed to words (hadith) of Prophet Mohammed has been written after 200-300 years later. Therefore the hadith (words) of Prophet most likely deteriorated over time when recorded systematically. Or intentionally made up by ill-will authors deceiving the muslim writers who were thinking they did a good thing to write them down. Not to mention, there were even some bad caractered people who manipulated the words ~hadiths according to their trade purposes.

Although some of the words~hadiths are true that Mohammed has said them, they have to be approached with scepticism, just like Bible.

Ironically some muslim clerics had produced hadiths~words from the stories of Christians, & Judaism to build bridges between religions or from Greeks mythology, to be seem sophisticated.

THE CORRECT WAY TO ACCUSE OR EMBRACE AND ENHANCE ISLAM SHOULD BE THROUGH ONLY THE SOURCE OF QORAN.

MISCONCEPTION: Numerical contradictions.

7:54 Surely your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods of time, and He is firm in power

41: 9-12 Say (O Muhammad, unto the idolaters): Disbelieve ye verily in Him Who created the earth in two Days, and ascribe ye unto Him rivals? He (and none else) is the Lord of the Worlds. He placed therein firm hills rising above it, and blessed it and measured therein its sustenance in four Days, alike for (all) who ask; Then turned He to the heaven when it was smoke, and said unto it and unto the earth: Come both of you, willingly or loth. They said: We come, obedient. Then He ordained them seven heavens in two Days and inspired in each heaven its mandate; and We decked the nether heaven with lamps, and rendered it inviolable. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Knower.

The days has been described to point out the phases of creation. The days counted by God may vary from 1.000, 50.000 that we count. It is clearly stated in verses of Qoran by Him. There is no mistake or difficulty understanding of the concept of ‘Time’ which may be ‘relatively different’ from case to case. It is a miracle showing us the relativity rather than a mistake.

Can you believe even a common writer would make a mistake within the same pragraph following sentences from one another? Todays science accepts the phases of creation in 6 various steps, discovering the creation has started from water, exactly described in Qoran.

“Dukhan” is the word used in Arabic for smoke, vapor and gaseous matter. It appears that the universe was a gaseous mass before it reached the state - by the will of God - from which the universe and the earth came to be.

We know that our world, the sun and the stars did not come about immediately after the primeval explosion. For the universe was in a gaseous state before the formation of the stars. This gaseous state was initially made of hydrogen and helium. Condensation and compression shaped the planets, the earth, the sun and the stars that were but products of the gaseous state.

21:30 Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them, and We made every living thing of water? Will they not then believe?

24:45 Allah hath created every animal of water. Of them is (a kind) that goeth upon its belly and (a kind) that goeth upon two legs and (a kind) that goeth upon four. Allah createth what He will. Lo! Allah is Able to do all things.

MISCONCEPTION: The inheritence law contradicts in Quran 4: 11 - 12, and 4: 176. Totals become more than 1 which are: 1.125 and 1.25.

4:11 Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females:

4 : 176- …. if there are brothers and sisters, (they share), the male having twice the share of the female.

There is this simple rule mentioned above. The left fortune is not added up, but descended from the whole to the single. The whole devided in a way that males gets 2 times what females get. There is no misconcept here, unless the person is ill-faithed, or biased towards Qoran. It is miraculous such a complex matter in detail has been described in a few sentences clearly.

MISCONCEPTION :Allah at one time says that Earth was created first and another time He says that the Heaven was created first.

2:29 He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth, and He directed Himself to the heaven, so He made them complete seven heavens, and He knows all things.

The seven heavens are yet to be discovered or would be witnessed afterlife. We still dont know what is the boundries of sky, layers, black holes… whereas according to some scientists, the athmospheric layers are thought to be seven dependin on grouping. Also the layers of crust of earth are explored to be seven.
From another standpoint, the aim in these verses are not cronically describe creation, but to remind human what had took place.
There is a miracle in the creation description of no one knew at that time: Round shape of earth.

79: 27-30 Are you the harder to create or the heaven? He made it. He raised high its height, then put it into a right good state. And He made dark its night and brought out its light. And the earth, He expanded it, made it similar to egg of a camel bird after that.

In Arabic "dahhaha" word singular form "dahya" means “egg”. Old translators of Qoran who didnt know earth could possibly be round shaped; has thought, ostrich ~Struthio camelus (camel-like bird) egg means representation only for lyric purposes. They described the verse in a way that “ He expanded the earth, flat as an egg clutch (egg bed)”

MISCONCEPTION : Koran teaches us that the Sun sets in a muddy spring.

On the contrary there is no meaninglessness or supernatural event in it. Read carefuly what they bring up the arguments from:

8: 86,89,90 Until when he reached the place where the sun set, he found it going down into a black sea, and found by it a people. We said: O Zulqarnain! either give them a chastisement or do them a benefit. …. Then he followed (another) course. Until when he reached the land of the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people to whom We had given no shelter from It;

36:38 And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.And (as for) the moon, We have ordained for it stages till it becomes again as an old dry palm branch. It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit.

There is another miracle in this explanation. The words talking about orbits, round figure in space at year of 620.

Another interesting point is ; In Arabic all “küllün fi felekin (They float each in an orbit)” made up of letters (K, L, F, Y, F, L, K) sounds the same as it is read from the back to front, as if pointing to the spherical elipsoid orbits of the sky matters. It repeats at verse below;

21:33 And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They float, each in an orbit.

MISCONCEPTION : Is Sky/Heaven A ROOF or Canopy Over the Earth? Are mountains there to prevent Earth from shaking?

21:31-32 “And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm lest it should shake with them.” and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance.And We have made the heaven a guarded canopy/roof and (yet) they turn aside from its signs.

31:10 He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs.

2:22 Who hath appointed the earth a resting-place for you, and the sky a canopy; and causeth water to pour down from the sky, thereby producing fruits as food for you. And do not set up rivals to Allah when ye know (better).

If you have considered sky as the outer space complete with galaxies, billions of stars with drawing, and Centrifugal forces working in great harmony, they were protected from hitting each other. Outer space is used to distinguish it from airspace (and terrestrial locations). Contrary to popular understanding, outer space is not completely empty (i.e. a perfect vacuum) but contains a low density of particles, predominantly hydrogen gas, as well as electromagnetic radiation.

If you consider sky as the earth athmosphere, modern science has proven that it protects us from hitting dangerous sky bodies, meteors, poisinous gasses and dangerous sunbeams, low temperatures of space, as if wrapping earth with transparent cushion/comforter.

Modern science has proven that The mountains has been balancing the earth. It is called “isostasi ” Webster’s Third New Twentieth Century Dictionary describes it as follows: “Isostasy is the general equilibrium in the earth’s crust, maintained by a yielding flow of rock material beneath the surface under gravitate stress, and by the approximate equality in mass of each unit column of the earth from the surface to a depth of about 100 km.” They are weighing the cover of the immediate earth cluster.

They go well into the liquid layer oposit way in dept as it grows up in the sky. They have numerous functions. Also, beside maountains, consider the following verse.Think about a barier between the two seas~which has been explored recently.

27:61 Is not He (best) Who made the earth a fixed abode, and placed rivers in the folds thereof, and placed firm hills therein, and hath set a barrier between the two seas? Is there any Allah beside Allah? Nay, but most of them know not!

MISCONCEPTION : Is Man Created From Clotted Blood? scientifically completely wrong/false, but was directly copied from the ancient Greek doctor Galen’s hypothesis.

23:13,14 Then We placed him as a drop in a firmly established lodging… Then We made the seed a clot,/ Then We developed the drop into a hanging... then We made the clot a lump of flesh/ then developed the hanging into a chewed lump of flesh., then We made (in) the lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh,/ then created the chewed lump of flesh (mudga) into bones, then covered the bones with flesh (lahm)... then We caused it to grow into another creation, so blessed be Allah, the best of the creators.

75:38 Then did he become a leech-like clot; then did (Allah) make and fashion (him) in due proportion.

96:2 He created man from a clot.

“Alaq” is the Arabic word referring to something that is hanging on a place. Embryology did not exist as a science at the time of the Prophet. Neither was there special terminology yet. The Quran described the stages using the words current at the time. According to this description, the zygote then hangs on the wall of the uterus. The Quran brings clarification to something unknown at the time. To render the word “alaq” with the signification ‘embryo’ may not exactly reflect its original meaning, and would moreover fail to convey the spirit of it. To translate it as “a clot of blood” deviates from the literal meaning of the word. This rendering has often been adopted, giving it the attribute of a secondary meaning of the word. The reason was the failure of exegetists to conceive the true meaning of the word.

Keith Moore, anatomy professor in the Toronto University of Canada, says that the information contained in the Quran about embryology cannot be accounted for by the data available in the 7th century.

The Quran continues displaying its miracles in its description of “alaq” succeeded by the “mudga” (chewed lump of flesh) stage. As a matter of fact, the embryo in the uterus has the appearance of a chewed lump of flesh, a tiny piece of flesh. Sura 22-The Pilgrimage, verse 5, speaks “of chewed lump of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed,” which is a good description of the aspect of the fetus. The aspect presented to our sight is of an indented figure whose head, feet and internal organs have begun to develop (partly formed, partly unformed).

Prof. Keith L. Moore says that he had a model made in plastic in the shape of an embryo and bit on it, leaving the marks of his teeth; this seemed to be an exact reproduction of an embryo, and explained the indentation referred to in the Quran.

The embryo is a boneless lump. Its cartilage tissue is transformed into bones in due time, as stated in the Quran, followed by their being clothed in muscular flesh. The Arabic word “lahm” means the muscular flesh. This process was unknown 1400 years ago. It was believed that the bones and muscles developed simultaneously. Advanced microscopes and micro cameras introduced into the uterus corroborated once again the truth expressed in the Quran.

MISCONCEPTION : Is Religion Compulsive Or Is It Not?

2 : 256- Let there be no compulsion in religion.
9:4-5Except those of the idolaters with whom you made an agreement, then they have not failed you in anything and have not backed up any one against you, so fulfill their agreement to the end of their term; surely Allah loves those who are careful (of their duty). So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. And if one of the idolaters seek protection from you, grant him protection till he hears the word of Allah, then make him attain his place of safety; this is because they are a people who do not know. How can there be an agreement for the idolaters with Allah and with His Messenger; except those with whom you made an agreement at the Sacred Mosque? So as long as they are true to you, be true to them; surely Allah loves those who are careful (of their duty).

9:29Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

47:4 So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom (themselves) until the war terminates.

2:190-192 And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you, and do not exceed the limits, surely Allah does not love those who exceed the limits. And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

The conditions abovementioned are in the circumstances of war. The rules of war are different than peacetime.

You can still feel the ordered mercy in case if they surrender or cease fire. The wars, take place today are much more cruel than described rules in Qoran.

8:65,66 O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand. For the present Allah has made light your burden, and He knows that there is weakness in you; so if there are a hundred patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a thousand they shall overcome two thousand by Allah's permission, and Allah is with the patient.

During the war environment people must be encouraged, given morale, made ready to fight. The verses had proven hundreds of times true in the war. Endulus (Spain, Portugal, South France) has been captured by muslims shortly after Prophets death in 7th Century by less than 20.000 people who fought against 110.000, and defeated them. It was kept untill 14th century, with minimal army, thanks to support of local people who in great numbers accepted İslam..

MISCONCEPTION : Punishment of an apostate in Islam is death penalty.

It is a big delusion, very hard to prove this untruthful claim.

2:192 But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

You can easily understand upon reviewing Qoran that, whenever possible peple must give up revenge and forgive. Below verses are proofs to that;

2:109 Many of the followers of the Book wish that they could turn you back into unbelievers after your faith, out of envy from themselves, (even) after the truth has become manifest to them; but pardon and forgive, so that Allah should bring about His command; surely Allah has power over all things.

3:134 Those who spend (benevolently/ freely), in ease as well as in straitness, and those who restrain (their) anger and pardon men; and Allah loves the doers of good (to others).

42:43 And whoever is patient and forgiving, these most surely are actions due to courage.

64:14 O you who believe! surely from among your wives and your children there is an enemy to you; therefore beware of them; and if you pardon and forbear and forgive, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

MISCONCEPTION : No matter which translated Quran we read, the Quranic materials remain the same to us, we dont see it as muslims way.

44:58 So have We made it easy in your tongue that they may be mindful.

3:7 He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - They are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed.

The Qoran is clearly understood however, it does not reveal itself to everyone. There is a mystery of test always going on, which is the reason of creation.
God does not permit to understand Quran or Islam fully unless He wills. People will not understand, unless (it be) that Allah willeth them see the facts.

6:111 And even if We had sent down to them the angels and the dead had spoken to them and We had brought together all things before them, they would not believe unless Allah pleases, but most of them are ignorant.

81:29 And ye will not, unless (it be) that Allah willeth, the Lord of Creation.

MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT ISLAM
Islam is the name of a way of life which the Creator wants us to follow. We avoid the word religion because in many non-Islamic societies, there is a separation of "religion and state." This separation is not recognized at all in Islam: the Creator is very much concerned with all that we do, including the political, social, economic, and other aspects of our society. Hence, Islam is a complete way of life.
The source of Islam is Allah, the Creator of everything known and unknown to us. He is One, and He is Unique. Allah has taught us about Islam via two mediums: the Qur'an and the Sunnah. Both the Qur'an and Sunnah were transmitted to us, humanity, via the Messenger of Allah: Muhammad bin Abdullah, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him (saas). The Messenger of Allah was nothing more and nothing less than a mortal messenger of the immortal Creator.
The Qur'an is a book containing the literal Word of Allah. It was transmitted from Allah to an angel of His (Gabriel), and from the angel to the Messenger of Allah who delivered it to us. The Qur'an covers a wide variety of topics, including evidence to support its claim of being the Word of the Creator, stories of earlier generations, rules which humanity is asked to obey, and information about the Hereafter. The Qur'an claims that it is protected from change by other than Allah, and this is confirmed by its 1400 year history. The earliest copies and the latest copies are the same.
The Sunnah is the term used to describe how the Messenger of Allah (saas) lived his life. The Messenger's life is an example for all Muslims, or those who accept Islam, to follow. Whatever the Messenger (saas) did, said, or approved of is a source of Islam just as much as the Qur'an. The Messenger's role is not overemphasized: his life was dictated by what the Creator desired, and the Messenger did not add or subtract to Islam according to his own personal whim. His life was such that his wife called him "a walking Qur'an."
The Qur'an and Sunnah are the only two mediums by which Allah has directly taught us about Islam. This leads us to the following simple but critical principle:
If any man or woman engages in a belief or action which clearly contradicts the Qur'an or Sunnah, then that belief or action cannot be thought of as `Islamic'.
This rule applies whether the man or woman is Muslim or non-Muslim. Hence, we cannot equate Islam and the Muslims. Islam is the way of life; Muslims are people who claim to follow that way of life. A Muslim may claim to follow Islam, but be wrong. In the context of misconceptions, we can restate the above principle in a slightly different way:
Some misconceptions about Islam are due to the wrong beliefs and actions of Muslims, and others are due to a significant lack of understanding and false stereotyping by non-Muslims.

[2:136] Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed to us and that which was revealed to Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have surrendered. [Arabic "Muslimoon"]

MISCONCEPTION
IN ISLAM, DENIAL OF HUMAN RIGHTS IS OK BECAUSE:
• Islam is against pure democracy
• Islam tolerates slavery
The misconception does not follow from the reasons given, and the reasons ignore a great deal of information.
As stated earlier, Islam is a complete way of life. Given this, it is not surprising that the Creator is concerned with the method which we choose to govern ourselves. The preeminent rule which the Islamic state must observe is stated in the Qur'an (translation follows):
[4:59] O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if you do believe in Allah and the Last Day; That is best, and most suitable for final determination.
From this verse, it is clear that the state's obligation of obedience to the Creator is as important as the obedience of the individual. Hence, the Islamic state must derive its law from the Qur'an and Sunnah. This principle excludes certain choices from the Islamic state's options for political and economic systems, such as a pure democracy, unrestricted capitalism, communism, socialism, etc. For example, a pure democracy places the people above the Qur'an and Sunnah, and this is disobedience to the Creator. However, the best alternative to a pure democracy is a democracy that implements and enforces the Shari'ah (Islamic Law).
The Creator also states in the Qur'an (translated):
[42:36-38] So whatever thing you are given, that is only a provision of this world's life, and what is with Allah is better and more lasting for those who believe and rely on their Lord, and those who shun the great sins and indecencies, and whenever they are angry they forgive, and those who respond to their Lord and keep up prayer, and their rule is to take counsel among themselves, and who spend out of what We have given them.
Allah orders us in this verse to conduct our matters by taking counsel among ourselves, or by consulting each other. This is the methodology of the Islamic state, to consult one another, but to always keep the Qur'an and Sunnah paramount. Any law which contradicts the Qur'an or Sunnah is unlawful. This broad principle of consultation is certainly wide enough to encompass a form of government where all are heard - in fact, encouraged to be heard. The early Islamic states were of this form. The petty governments of many `Muslim countries' today do not apply this principle and in fact commit many crimes against the people.
As for slavery, Islam is unique among the `religions' in its close attention to the peaceful removal of this practice. Before the advent of Islam, slavery was widespread all over the world.
Also from the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Malik's Muwatta, we find:
[38:9:15] Narrated Aisha Ummul Mu'minin: The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was asked what was the most excellent kind of slave to free. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, answered, "The most expensive and the most valuable to his master."
Also from the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Sahih Bukhari, we find:
[3:46:721] Narrated Al-Ma'rur bin Suwaid: I saw Abu Dhar Al-Ghifari wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a cloak. We asked him about that (i.e. how both were wearing similar cloaks). He replied, "Once I abused a man and he complained of me to the Prophet. The Prophet asked me, `Did you abuse him by slighting his mother?' He added, `Your slaves are your brethren upon whom Allah has given you authority. So, if one has one's brethren under one's control, one should feed them with the like of what one eats and clothe them with the like of what one wears. You should not overburden them with what they cannot bear, and if you do so, help them (in their hard job)."
As a result of the teachings of Islam, slavery was almost completely eradicated from many areas of the Muslim world, peacefully and without bloodshed.
MISCONCEPTION
IN ISLAM, WOMEN ARE INFERIOR TO MEN BECAUSE:
• a man can marry up to 4 wives, a woman can marry only one man
• a man's share of inheritance is bigger than a woman's
• a man can marry a non-Muslim, a woman cannot
• women must wear the veil
This widely held misconception does not remotely follow from the reasons given. The first and most important observation to make about the popular question "Are men and women equal?" is that it is a badly-formed, unanswerable question. The problem which many people conveniently ignore is that "equal" is not defined. This is a very critical point: the equality must be specified with respect to some measurable property. For example, women on average are superior to men if we ask who is shorter in height than the other ("Growth and Development", Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1992). Women are also superior on average if we ask whom do children bond to deeper, mothers or fathers. Women are also superior on average if we ask who has a tendency to socialize more. On the other hand, men are superior on average if we ask who is taller in height than the other. And so on: every question can be turned around, and more importantly these are properties which are irrelevant.
What then, is the really important property which we are worried about in terms of gender equality? Naturally, from the point of view of the Qur'an and Sunnah, the obvious important property is who is dearer to Allah, men or women? This question is emphatically answered in the Qur'an (translation),
[4:124] If any do deeds of righteousness - be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Paradise, and not the least injustice will be done to them.
[33:35] For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for truthful men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast, for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise, for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward.
The Qur'an and Sunnah repeat over and over again that Allah only favors one person over another based on that person's awareness, consciousness, fear, love, and hope of Allah (the Arabic word is difficult to translate: Taqwa). All other criteria are excluded: gender, ethnic group, country, ancestry, etc.
Given that Allah does not favor one gender over the other in His attention to us (and it helps to remember that Allah is neither male nor female), we can now address the differences between the genders in Islam. First, men and women are not the same as we know. The Creator states in the Qur'an (translation),
[3:36]...and the male is not like the female...
Men and women are different in their composition, and in their responsibilities under Islam. However, both are bound by obligations to one another, especially the following important one which must be understood in any discussion on men and women. From the Qur'an (translation),
[24:32] And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves; if they are needy, Allah will make them free from want out of His grace; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.
In this verse, the Creator emphasizes that marriage is to be vigorously pursued by the Muslims: the state of being single is not to be maintained. With this in mind, we can begin to understand the four reasons cited above for the nonetheless erroneous conclusion.
Men and women are different in their responsibilities towards the families that they are strongly encouraged to set up. Women are not obligated to work, whereas men are obligated. The man must provide for the family, but the woman does not have to spend out of her money for it, though she gets a reward for doing so. Allah says in the Qur'an (translation),
[4:34] Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.
Given that husbands are obligated to provide for wives, and that marriage is a highly recommended goal of Islam, it is easy to see why women's inheritance share is half that of men. We note also that men are obligated to provide a suitable dowry to women on marriage. In fact, it is preferable at this point to speak in terms of husbands and wives instead of men and women. Allah says in the Qur'an (translation),
[4:4] And give women their dowries as a free gift, but if they of themselves be pleased to give up to you a portion of it, then eat it with enjoyment and with wholesome result.
Allah says in the Qur'an (translation),
[2:228]...And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them...
This one degree in no way affects the position of the Creator in which He has stated that He does not hold women dearer to him than men, or vice versa. Rather it is simply a way of partitioning responsibilities in a household of two adults: someone must make the final decision on daily matters. As will be shown below in a section on a different misconception, though the final decision rests with the husband, it is through mutual consultation that decisions are best reached at.
While men are allowed to marry up to four wives, they are also commanded to meet the preconditions of being able to financially support them. They must also deal with each wife justly and fairly with respect to marital and economic obligations. Allah says in the Qur'an (translation),
[4:3] If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.
Moreover, women are allowed to reject any marriage proposal made to her by prospective suitors, thus if she does not feel she can abide by the rules of the Qur'an and Sunnah if she marries a certain person, she can reject his proposal. While it is irrelevant to Islam, it is worthwhile to note that both Judaism and Christianity allow polygamy. The idea is not as foreign to the non-Muslims as is often claimed.
Finally, the wearing of the veil by women is also an illogical premise to claim that women are inferior to men. It is more appropriate to indict a society of female exploitation if it tolerates pornography rather than if it enforces the veil. Given that Allah is neither male nor female, given that He does not endear people to Himself based on their gender, given that the Creator cares about all of us male or female, given that the sexual and violent drive of men is stronger than that of women...given all this, it is illogical to cast a negative light on the following injunctions contained in the Qur'an (translation),
[33:59] O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not be annoyed...
[24:30-31] Say to the believing man that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity for them; and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; and that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands...
On this misconception, there is a great deal more to write, most of it showing how current practices in many Muslim lands go against what the Qur'an and Sunnah have ordained, lands in which women are treated as property (unIslamic), are not educated (unIslamic), are forbidden their economic rights (unIslamic), and more. On this point in particular, we encourage everyone to consult the Qur'an and Sunnah before incriminating Islam. Always remember that Islam is a complete way of life from the Creator, and that Muslims are people who claim to follow that way of life. A Muslim may claim to follow Islam, but be wrong.
MISCONCEPTION
ISLAM IS WELL-SUITED ONLY TO THE ARABS BECAUSE:
• most Muslims are Arabs
• the Qur'an is in Arabic
The first reason for this misconception is far from the truth. Of the more than one billion Muslims around the world, only 18% are Arab. The most populous Muslim country in the world is Indonesia. The second most populous Muslim country is Bangladesh. Neither of these countries is Arab.
Islam is the fastest growing major religion in the world (Encyclopedia Britannica). It has adherents on all the populated continents, and is accessible to Arabs and non-Arabs alike. In the United States, Muslims are expected to become the largest religious minority around the turn of the century, outstripping the Jews.
The universal appeal of Islam to Arabs and non-Arabs comes in spite of the Qur'an being in Arabic. Allah states in the Qur'an that this way of life called Islam is for all people (translation follows),
[21:107] And We (Allah) have not sent you (Muhammad) but as a mercy to the worlds.
[34:28] We have not sent you but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings, and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not.
Moreover, the Creator does not use the color or mother tongue of people to judge them, be they Arab or not. Instead, it is the level of their awareness of Allah which is the criterion,
[49:13] O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other (not that you may despise each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)."
The choice of Arabic as the language of the Qur'an is explained very simply and clearly (translation follows),
[41:44] And if We (Allah) had made it a Qur'an in a foreign tongue, they would certainly have said: "Why have not its communications been made clear? What! a foreign (tongue) and an Arab!" Say: It is, to those who believe, a guidance and a healing; and (as for) those who do not believe, there is a heaviness in their ears and it is obscure to them; these shall be called to from a far-off place.
However, it is also important to emphasize that the Qur'an in its revealed form in Arabic is the literal Word of the Creator - but any translation is not. Each translation is more accurately called a translation of an interpretation, for every translator includes his or her own bias.
MISCONCEPTION
ISLAM REJECTS JESUS BECAUSE:
• Jesus is not accepted as `the Son of God'
The Qur'an and Sunnah both teach us emphatically and without any doubt that the Creator considers the statement of the Trinity to be a great falsehood. The Qur'an states (translation):
[19:88-93] They say: "(Allah) the Most Merciful has begotten a son!" Indeed you have put forth a thing most monstrous! At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin, that they should invoke a son for (Allah) the Most Merciful. For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) the Most Merciful that He should beget a son: Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to (Allah) the Most Merciful as a servant.
However, the misconception that Jesus is rejected does not follow from the reason given above. It is more precise to say that identifying Jesus as `the Son of God' is rejected. As a Messenger of Allah, Jesus is accorded the same honor that all the Messengers are given, as the following verse attests to (translation),
[2:136] Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed to us and that which was revealed to Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have surrendered. [Arabic "Muslimoon"]

MISCONCEPTION
ISLAM TOLERATES THE KILLING OF INNOCENTS BECAUSE:
• Muslims can be terrorists
• Muslims engage in `holy wars' (jihad)
• Islam spread by the sword
• it has a harsh and cruel judicial system
This misconception is one of the most widely held misconceptions about Islam today. And yet in the Qur'an, the Creator unambiguously states (translation),
[17:33] Nor take life - which Allah has made sacred - except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, we have given his heir authority (to demand retaliation or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life, for he is helped (by the Law)
Based on this verse, it is Islamically unlawful to murder anyone who is innocent of certain crimes. It is well to remember at this point the distinction made above between Qur'an and Sunnah, and the Muslims: only the Qur'an and Sunnah are guaranteed to be in accordance with what the Creator desires, whereas the Muslims may possibly deviate. Hence, if any Muslim kills an innocent person, that Muslim has committed a grave sin, and certainly the action cannot be claimed to have been done "in the name of Islam."
It should be clear, then, that "Muslim terrorist" is almost an oxymoron: by killing innocent people, a Muslim is commiting an awesome sin, and Allah is Justice personified. This phrase is offensive and demeaning of Islam, and it should be avoided. It is hoped that as the general level of public awareness and understanding of Islam increases, people will keep "terrorism" and "Islam" separate from each other, not to be used in the same phrase.
Another reason advanced in support of the misconception is that the Creator has imposed `jihad' on us. The term "holy war" is from the time of the Crusades and originated in Europe as a rallying cry against the Muslims in Jerusalem. Jihad is an Arabic word meaning struggle, but in the context of many verses in the Qur'an, it carries the meaning of military struggle, or war. Allah gradually introduced the obligation of military struggle to the Muslim community at the time of the Messenger (saas). The first verse ever revealed in that connection is as follows (translation),
[22:39] Permission (to fight) is given to those upon whom war is made because they are oppressed, and most surely Allah is well able to assist them;
This verse lays down the precondition for all war in Islam: there must exist certain oppressive conditions on the people. The Creator unequivocally orders us to fight oppression and persecution, even at the expense of bloodshed as the following verse shows (translation),
[2:190-192] And fight in the cause of Allah with those who fight with you, and do not exceed the limits, surely Allah does not love those who exceed the limits. And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from where they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque (in Makkah) until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the reward of the unbelievers. But if they desist, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors.
As one might imagine, the method of military struggle has been clearly and extensively defined in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Since this subject is a huge one, we simply summarize part of it by noting that it is unlawful to kill women, children, the infirm, the old, and the innocent. From the Sunnah, specifically in the study of the Sunnah called Sahih Bukhari, we find:
[4:52:257] Narrated 'Abdullah: During some of the Ghazawat of the Prophet a woman was found killed. Allah's Apostle disapproved the killing of women and children.
A related misconception to jihad is often propagated by Muslims who say that "Jihad is only for self-defense of physical borders." The Qur'an and Sunnah refute this notion categorically. As the verses cited above show, jihad is obligatory wherever there is injustice, and Muslims need not acknowledge imaginary lines around the earth when it comes to upholding this obligation.
Hence, the Creator obligates us to fight wherever people are being grossly deprived of freely hearing or practicing the Message of Allah as contained in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Sayyed Qutb, a famous Muslim scholar eloquently discusses the notion of jihad and self-defense in his book Milestones,
"If we insist on calling Islamic jihad a defensive movement, then we must change the meaning of the word `defense' and mean by it `defense of man' against all those elements which limit his freedom. These elements take the form of beliefs and concepts, as well as of political systems, based on economic, racial, or class distinction."
A third reason often cited for the misconception about Islam which says that this way of life tolerates the killing of innocents is that the judicial system of Islam is unnecessarily harsh. This reason is weak in two respects. First, it presupposes that human beings are more just and more merciful than the Creator, and therefore we can change the law. Second, it is often based on gross oversimplifications of Islamic law, such as saying "all thieves get their hands cut off."
The Qur'an and Sunnah make it clear that the law of retaliation (or equality) governs us for murder and physical injury, but forgiveness is better as the following verses from the Qur'an show (translation),
[2:178] O you who believe! the law of equality is prescribed to you in cases of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, the woman for the woman. But if any remission is made by the brother of the slain, then prosecution (for the bloodwit) should be made according to usage, and payment should be made to him in a good manner; this is an allevia 
Name: sam  •  Date: 04/18/07 18:04
A: jsm,

You quoted this: 'A great site I found deals with the different versions of the bible, which is the most accurate. I personally use the King James version because it is proven to be the most accurate."
----------------------------------------------

According- to what you said, from the many bibles that the Christian read, the KJB versions is the only bible accurate and the most accurate, but all the other bible are not accurate!!!.
First, you think the billions who read the not accurate bibles are wrong?
Second, How did you know that your bible is the accurate one?, can you give me an example about what is not accurate in the other bible.
Third, If the others who read the un-accurate bible think that their bible accurate and yours is not, is that makes your bible and their bible both not accurate?

God bless you. 
Name: betty47  •  Date: 04/18/07 18:22
A: onewhoknows • Date: 04/11/07 14:56
A: I would think He would be more concerned with us loving God and our neighbor than being so concerned about Jewish tradition, specific days of worship, etc. When believers are overly concerned about little "specks" of specifics.... They often miss seeing the big "log" that is about to konk them on the head.

Yes. One who knows, Jesus would be more concerned about loving your neighbor and this is in the Torah and originated with the Torah which is what Jesus taught. You have a stereotype knowledge of Judaism. Go learn about it, especially reform or progressive Judaism, because it was Jesus true message, in my humble opinion. If Jesus came back, again, I believe he would totally discount modern Christianity or most of it anyway. I think he'd be more comfortable with Rabbinic based reform Judaism. I don't think Jews always admit this, but Jesus did have an impact on the Judaism of his time. Judaism changed too because of Jesus. It doesn't accept him as God, of course, but today's Judaism is very different from the Judaism of Jesus' time. Also, last I checked when I thought Catholic Sunday school, Christians have a specific day of worship too, Sunday, which of course was because the pagans had their "Sun" day which would have been a day a Jewish Jesus would have totally rejected as the Sabbath. 
Name: jsm  •  Date: 04/19/07 4:04
A: Sam,

"First, you think the billions who read the not accurate bibles are wrong?"

No, just some have missing verses, like it'll go from verse 13 to 15, leaving out verse 14.

"Second, How did you know that your bible is the accurate one?"

It does not contain missing verses. The NIV which is very popular contains over 40 verses missing.

Matthew 12:47 -- removed in the footnotes

Matthew 17:21 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."

Matthew 18:11 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."

Matthew 21:44 -- removed in the footnotes

Matthew 23:14 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation."

Mark 7:16 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."

Mark 9:44 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

Mark 9:46 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

Mark 11:26 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Mark 15:28 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors."

Mark 16:9-20 (all 12 verses) -- There is a line separating the last 12 verses of Mark from the main text. Right under the line it says: [The two most reliable early manuscripts do not have Mark 16:9-20] (NIV, 1978 ed.) The Jehovah's Witness "Bible" also places the last 12 verses of Mark as an appendix of sorts.

Luke 17:36 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."

Luke 22:44 -- removed in the footnotes

Luke 22:43 -- removed in the footnotes

Luke 23:17 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"(For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.)"

John 5:4 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."

John 7:53-8:11 -- removed in the footnotes

Acts 8:37 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. It's deletion makes one think that people can be baptized and saved without believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. Sounds Catholic. What are you NIV readers missing?
"And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

Acts 15:34 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still."

Acts 24:7 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,"

Acts 28:29 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves."

Romans 16:24 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."

I John 5:7 -- Vitally important phrase COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. In the NIV it says,

"For there are three that testify:"

Compare the NIV reading with the following Jehovah's Witness reading--

"For there are three witness bearers,"

What are you NIV readers missing? What does the real Bible say?

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

This is one of the GREATEST verses testifying of the trinity. That is why the Jehovah's Witnesses leave it out.

"Third, If the others who read the un-accurate bible think that their bible accurate and yours is not, is that makes your bible and their bible both not accurate?"

The KJV old testament is based of the original Hebrew manuscripts, and the new testament is based off the Greek manuscripts. If you know Hebrew and Greek, then you can translate the manuscripts for yourself. A lot of bibles go by the Egyptian manuscripts and not the Hebrew. 
Name: jsm  •  Date: 04/19/07 4:16
A: sam,

I found two great sites for you to look at that deals with the reliability of the bible. Remove any - from the url if there is any.

Old testament - http://www.tektonics.org/lp/ottextcrit.html
New testament - http://www.tektonics.org/-lp/nttextcrit.html

Hop-e- this helps 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 04/02/10 4:59
A: .

Thursday April 1st 2010

Hello Friends.

Am watching the program Who Framed Jesus?

Good.

Indie

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD