Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » WALKING MEDITATION
Hello, guest
Name: vvk  •  Title: WALKING MEDITATION  •  Date posted: 01/24/11 20:52
Q: Wherever we walk, we can practice meditation. This means that we know that we are walking. We walk just for walking. We walk with freedom and solidity, no longer in a hurry. We are present with each step. And when we wish to talk we stop our movement and give our full attention to the other person, to our words and to listening.

Walking in this way should not be a privilege. We should be able to do it in every moment. Look around and see how vast life is, the trees, the white clouds, the limitless sky. Listen to the birds. Feel the fresh breeze. Life is all around and we are alive and healthy and capable of walking in peace.

Let us walk as a free person and feel our steps get lighter. Let us enjoy every step we make. Each step is nourishing and healing. As we walk, imprint our gratitude and our love on the earth.

We may like to use a gatha as we walk. Taking two or three steps for each in-breath and each out-breath,

Breathing in "I have arrived"; Breathing out "I am home"
Breathing in "In the here"; Breathing out "In the now"
Breathing in "I am solid"; Breathing out "I am free"
Breathing in "In the ultimate"; Breathing out "I dwell" 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: sam  •  Date: 01/25/11 0:55
A: v v k,

GOOD WORDS, thanks.
And, as for, " As we walk, imprint our gratitude and our love on the earth."

I would like to add to that, " and our gratitude and our love FOR the earth"

Since we live on the earth, and we walk ont it, and its our main life supporter, { how vast life is, the trees, the white clouds, the limitless sky. Listen to the birds. Feel the fresh breeze.}, and with all that and much, much more, we should not forget to give our love and respect first to the earth.

Those who do not do the right things for their only home, the earth, and keep it as God created for them, and for all generations to come, their other love and gratitude on earth is as a print on the sand, that is if they do not start their love first for earth.

"AND CAUSE NOT CORRUPTION UPON THE EARTH AFTER ITS REFORMATION. " Quran 7:56

""AND DO GOOD AS ALLAH [GOD] HAS DONE GOOD TO YOU. AND DESIRE NOT CORRUPTION IN THE LAND. ..." Quran 28:77

" O CHILDREN OF ADAM, TAKE YOUR ADORNMENT AT EVERY MASJID, AND EAT AND DRINK, BUT BE NOT EXCESSIVE. Indeed, HE likes not those who commit excess." Quran 7:31

v v k , Most of the world problems are from the corruption of land, sea and air, and from excessive use of the limited resouces. Billions of people mostly in the western advanced world, and others, they throw & waste food more than they eat, and they over fish, and over cut trees, and polute the water and air beyond any logic. But what we always hear from the majority of the people is slogan of love and peace, but only very few are those who practice it. 
Name: vvk  •  Date: 06/03/11 5:07
A: By Victoria Hansen
[email protected]

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) -- What are you thinking right now? Research shows the average person has 60,000 thoughts a day. Most are negative.

"Our attention is often caught with our own thinking", said Dr. Baron Short at MUSC.

Short said that's why he studies an ancient practice he believes can reduce stress. He found it worked in his own life and wants to prove it scientifically.

"We may find that meditation before (in the past) may have been an interest or pursuit of a few and it may become a necessity for many," Short said.

Meditation may be shrouded in mystery. But Dr. Short believes it physically changes our brains.

So, he studies the brains of people who frequently meditate.

He places a hand held, figure eight shaped device over a particular part of the brain. He flips a switch. Electromagnetic pulses make their way through the brain. The subject's fingers twitch.

It's what Dr. Short calls excitability.

Short said he does this before and after the person meditates. He said he's found, "some increases in activity in the front part of the brain that are involved with attention and regulation of emotion."

Dr. Short said he has also performed MRI's and found the brains of those who meditate are actually thicker. He believes his findings are just the beginning.

"There is research with mindfulness meditation to support a decrease in pain, a decrease in relapse of depression, a decrease in anxiety," he said. Other researchers have even found those who meditate have better immune systems and are more compassionate.

'Okay, if it's so good for you, how do you do it?'

"It's just one breath at a time" says Atmah Ja.

She teaches meditation and yoga at the Gallery of Iamikan in downtown Charleston.

Atmah Ja says simply sit, concentrate on your breath, and try to keep your mind from wandering.

Try it, it's easier said than done. But if it works, well worth it. Imagine, silencing your inner critic with your breath.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want- more information on meditation?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galler-y- of Iamikan

Atmah Ja

www.atmahjas.com 
Name: sam  •  Date: 06/03/11 14:58
A: vvk

Dr. Baron Short, and other researchers proved scientifically that MEDITATION decrease in relapse of depression, anxiety, and help in the immune systems etc..

That is 100% true, and the meditation practices are known from ancient time, but I think the people of this time with all the stress, depression and anxiety need to practice meditation which is free and with no side effects, and much better than medications which is very expensive and with a bad effect on the long run.

Long time ago I had sleeping problem, but by meditation before going in bed the problem is gone , and now it take me just a minute to sleep. Thanks to my father who show me the way.

Muslims by reading the history of the prophet Muhammad knows that Muhammad use to go to a cave in a mountain near Mecca, called “mountain of light” and stay many hours in meditation, and that went on for many years until one day when the Angel Gabriel gave Him the message from God, and the first words of the Quran:

Q- 96:
1- Recite in the name of your Lord - who created
2- Created man from a clinging substance.
3- Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous
4- who taught by pen
5- Taught man that which he knew not......

The difference between the human “US”, and the other creation is “OUR” ability to learn, and to solve problems, and to accumulate and preserve knowledge by the use of an instrument as a pen.
We might say , “that man created the pen, and the computer, or whatsoever”, forgetting that God created us with a special brain that man will never be able to create a similar to it.

Q-95:4 WE HAVE CERTAINLY CREATED MAN IN THE BEST OF STATURE.

In the years after came the orders to Muslims asking them to do five times daily prayers, and each prayer start with a sort of cleansing [face, hands, feet] , then the prayer which a person dis-attach himself from the world around him and concentrate only on the words of God in the Quran, and some do few minutes after in meditation, all that help the person to clear his head from all the negative things, and brings calmness and peace. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD