Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Two scientists - different rewards.
Hello, guest
Name: sam  •  Title: Two scientists - different rewards.  •  Date posted: 05/25/09 20:01
Q: Hello to all,

Ibn al-Nafis, was an Arab Muslim polymath, [1213-1288]... Is most famous for being the first physician to describe the , pulmonary circulation, and the capillary, and coronary circulation which form the basis of the circulatory system, for which he is considered THE FATHER OF CIRCULATORY PHYSIOLOGY, AND THE GREATEST PHYSIOLOGIST of the Middle Ages.
He was also an early proponent of experimental medicine, postmortem autopsy, and human dissection, first described the concept of metabolism and developed his own new NAFISIAN system of anatomy, physiology, psychology and pulsology....
Over the next several decades, he would write down notes for 300 volumes, though he was only able to publish 80 volumes before he died.
Nevertheless, even in its incomplete state, THE COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON MEDICINE was the largest ENCYCLOPEDIA up until that time, and still remains one of the lagest medical encyclopedia to date. FOR THIS BOOK HE WAS REWORDED WITH LOTS OF MONEY AND BECAME ONE OF RICHEST PEOPLE ALIVE....

Michael Servetus, [1511-1553]. He was the first European to describe the function of pulmonary circulation. His interest included many sciences: astronomy and meteorology; geography, jurisprudence, study of the Bible, mathematics, anatomy, and medicine,
He is renowned in the history of several of these fields, particularly medicine and theology.
He participated in the Protestant Reformation, and later developed a NONTRINITARIAN CHRISTOLOGY.

CONDEMNED BY CATHOLICS AND PROTESTANTS ALIKE,
HE WAS BURNT AT THE STAKE, as a heretic, by order of the Protestant Geneve governing council.

It is known that Ibn al Nafis’ Commentary on Anatomy in Avicenna’s Canon, which first described the pulmonary and coronary circulations it may have had an influence on the descriptions of pulmonary circulation given by Michael Servetus.

Servetus was himself a NONTRINITARIAN who is said to have been interested in Islam and familiar with the Quran. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: sam  •  Date: 05/25/09 20:28
A: Hi again,

A Muslim scientist called , Ibn al-Nafis get excellent reward, but after 265 years a Christian scientist his reward was to be burnt at the stake alive !!!.

A Christian scientist opinion, before 456 years:
Servetus viewed Jesus as a man upon whom God had bestowed divine wisdom. Jesus came forth as a prophet bearing God's precious gift....If Servetus denied Jesus' equality to the godhead, he yielded to none in his praise of Jesus, calling him the Light of the World.

Servetus insisted that those who believed in the Trinity were tritheists who could not escape the logic that they denied the One True God.

Sam opinion is the same as Servetus after 456 years, we both studied the Bible and the Quran in a scientific way, and we both came to the same conclusion.

God bless you. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 05/26/09 0:32
A: .

Hi Sam. I wish I had the time to learn Arabic and read. I keep saying I will do that and, the realities of life set in, and I do not find the time.

In fact, I do not even have the time to really sit and read your posts in their entirety. Too much work.

But, I am taking the time to poke my nose into the forum, long enough to say that it is only logical that Muslim scholars made many discoveries that Da Vinci (and others) re-discovered later.

It sands to reason that the culture that gave the world big advances in the mathematics probably also made other discoveries as well.
The language barrier is a big factor.

Ibn Rush (Averoes) translated many books into Latin, if my memory serves me correctly. I have a movie about his life. He was a good man and a schoolar.

I want to say a word on your other page, so I'll end here.
Can't wait for this contract to be over.
Have enjoyed it, but I need rest!

Indie

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD