Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » The Sollicitude & Forgiveness Page
Hello, guest
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Title: The Sollicitude & Forgiveness Page  •  Date posted: 06/15/08 16:04
Q: . It occured to me to create a page where we might express soliicitude, forgiveness, repentance.

I'll go first and state that I rambled a while back about a scholar (SG) in 'leave my brain at home' mode.
I apologize. I don't know enough to wipe the dust off his sandles at the end of a day's dig.

Je vous demande pardon.

Indie.
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 06/15/08 22:28
A: " I FORGIVE ALL THOSE WHO ARE IGNORANT FOR TRESSPASSING ON MY INTELLIGENT THOUGHTS"--Anonymous

Don't you ever feel like that?More I find out the dumber I feel.And which controversy should I believe? How do we know which theory is right?

O my aching spinning head!!!!!!!HA HA HA !!!!!!! I think I'm going mad!!!!!!! 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 06/15/08 23:37
A: .

LOL. Hi Panluna! ...And, thanks for the silliness. It consoles my soul a bit.

I should have gotten around to posting the mea culpa months ago.
My contract kept me from taking the time.
Christ said that if you have a difference with your brother, to go settle it before you do anything else. I am guilty of not doing that. And so, the person I diminished might have been feeling the sting of my words for months longer than he should have. Even to wait a minute longer is was wrong on my part. Shimon, forgive me.

In the fervour of all this event (the Talpiot event), I let words be triggered by my Irish nervous system, instead of my brain. I am in such a rush to see religion be put in a light where it can serve humanity as a whole that I am too quick to poopoo those who have the right to their opinions and the right to express them.

I read Sam's posts and wonder how he can speak as harshly as he does sometime. Then I try to put myself in his shoes, that of being an Eastern Mediterreanean man, a disillusioned Christian, convert to Islam, and I say to myself that 'He must have hidden hurts as a former Christian' that he does not share, else he'd be more delicate sometimes.

In Canada, the Government just issued an official apology to aboriginal peoples (some say an empty apology), for what is now seen as violation of human rights (the gov. once forcably took Native children from their parents and sent them to boarding schools, forbade them to speak their language...; many suffered abuse of all kinds at the hands of Catholic clerics..).

I think it may be possible that the United Nations decree a year, or a decade, for apologies to be given and forgiveness asked, by many instances, for harm done.

One of the things that will happen with the Aboriginal Peoples in Canada that were 'wronged' is a series of follow up steps to take the process of healing further. The criticism of the gov's gesture, is that it does not allow for victims to accuse and press charges.

Sunday night movie time.
Ciao for now.

Indie

Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 04/12/09 16:41

Easter Sunday 2009

For all the times I, a product of the Occident, have not had sufficient curiosity and patience understanding the long history of the Orient,
Lord, I am truly sorry.

The wisdom of the ages is echoed in your cultures.
Mistakes and human constructs are echoed in your cultures.
May I have the patience and wisdome to take the time to see the
ancient truthes of your cultures.
May the human constructs in your cultures be something you will more willingly look at and let go of.

May the immaturities of my western cultures be made evident.

Is my Easter prayer.

Indie

Name: sam  •  Date: 04/13/09 0:45
A: Hello Indie Anna,

HAPPY EASTER,
GOD BLESS YOU.

A lawer, asked Him [JESUS] a question, testing Him,
"Teacher, which is the great COMMANDMENT in the law ?"
And He [Jesus] said to him,
"YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

THIS IS THE GREAT AND FOREMOST COMMANDMENT.

THE SECOND IS LIKE IT,
'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

"ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS DEPEND THE WHOLE LAW AND THE PROPHETS."

- THE WHOLE LAW... Those are the many commandment which God sent to the world by HIS messengers, the prophets.
- THE PROPHETS... Are the messengers whom God chose to carry His words and His law.

"Do not think that I have come TO ABOLISH THE LAW OR THE PROPHETS ; I HAVE NOT COME TO ABOLISH THEM BUT TO FULFILL THEM."

Jesus answered, "THE FOREMOST IS, 'HEAR O ISRAEL ! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD"

Jesus said to the Jews [The people of Israel] , "THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD " , and that means that the God which Jesus believe in is THE SAME GOD which the Jews belived in, that is the same God who spoke to Moses and gave Him the law of God, the commandments, AND GAVE JESUS THE WORDS TO WHAT TO TALK AND TO SPEAK . *

THE FIRST COMMANDMENT ...... YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER gods BEFORE ME.
THE SECOND, .... YOU SHALL NOT MAKE FOR YOURSELF AN IDOL, or any LIKENESS of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.
THE THIRD.....you shall not take the name of THE LORD YOUR GOD in vain......

* "For I did not speak on MY own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me HAS GIVEN ME A COMMANDMENT [COMMANDMENT] as to WHAT TO SAY and WHAT TO SPEAK.......... I SPEAK JUST AS THE FATHER HAS TOLD ME."

Jesus follow the commandment that been given to Him by God, and speaks the words which God told Him to speak, and Jesus miracles are done by the will of God, and not by His own will.
"I CAN DO NOTHING ON MY OWN INITIATIVE......I DO NOT SEEK MY OWN WILL, BUT THE WILL OF HIM [THAT IS GOD] WHO SENT ME"

" These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. "

Dear Indie, When I read the letters of Paul , and read that Paul is the one who preached that Jesus is the son of God after Jesus death, and reading the stories of the Trinity which was created in Rome, and keep hearing that Jesus is God, all that are really very confusing, and here some taken from the catholic forums, which I do not understand after reading the true words of Jesus:

Jesus claimed to be God .
Jesus is called God.
Jesus is the image of the invisible God. - Heb. 1:3
Jesus abides forever - Heb. 7:24
Jesus created all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17
Jesus is before all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:17;
Jesus is eternal - John 1:1,14; 8:58; Micah 5:1-2
Jesus is honored the same as the Father

I see that there are two persons who created all the above,

The first is Paul, and what he wrote is his own opinion, things that he created, the thing that Jesus never said and never teaches, we can see that clear when we we read the words of Jesus above.

The second is John, and what he wrote also is his own opinion and did not come from Jesus, because Jesus words are clear and tells the truth, so, what John wrote is wrong and do not represent Jesus, and it is against the commandment of God

Let me bring John writing :
[The deity of Jesus christ]
1- In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God...... up to the end....

Those are the words which been spoken by John, and created by John, thy do not belong to Jesus , because Jesus said:

This is eternal life, THAT THEY MAY KNOW YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST WHOM YOU HAVE SENT.

---- KNOW YOU.....JESUS NEVER SAID "THAT THEY KNOW ME THE ONLY TRUE GOD".

GOD , the true God whom HE sent Jeus, and that means Jesus is a messenger, and a prophet who does the will of God and not His own will.

Indie, I do believe in Jesus words, the word of God, and I do love God with all my heart, but I do not understand why the Christian claims that Jesus is God after reading all what Jesus said about Himself and God, please give me an answer ?.

Are the words of Paul and John and the others can be trusted when bringing things that is against the word of God and HIS commandment, and the words of Jesus ?.

God bless you. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 04/13/09 3:44

Hi Sam.

Nice to talk to you again. Hope your winter was good.
This long Easter weekend has been one of rest for me.

I shall respond to your post.

The Church has been preaching for so many centuries now its doctrine.
The best response I can give you is 'habit'?
A poor answer, I know.
But, when it was proposed that the earth was round, the Church had much difficulty also in admitting that it was so.

Those who do text analysis also are able to continue to suppport the 'God' doctrine. That is is more important to believe in a man-God

than in saving the planet, or rescuing children from danger,

is beyond me.

I hope they find the little girl from Toronto who was taken by that woman...

I went to look at flowers yesterday in a garden center.
Lifted my spirits.

Take care.

Indie 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 04/13/09 5:46
A: Hello all,
Sam you brought out some good comparisons.
I have a few of my own. I have heard in Churches the verse "Before Abraham I Am" is used to express that Jesus was God. But it does Not say "Before Adam, I AM" there are many generations accounted for when Theologians use that to convience people that it is saying Jesus is God.
And Also if The Book of Hebrews is taken in conscideration Jesus is likened to Melchizadeck, who was before ( stood before Abraham ) and if Melchizdeck was King of Salem the words "I AM" have a meaning not explained in the Bible, and would be more toward the Hindu trend of thought. No one knows who wrote the book of Hebrews, some say Paul and many Bibles say Paul, but if you read the footnotes you see they are not sure and it really did not sound like Paul to me.
I have pleanty I have sought forgivness for, and many I have forgiven. I will not confront them for it would only cause more division, and some people are so unreasonable, why give them more to use against you which would only cause them to sin more to.
That is like not being able to kill rats due to the fact that it may be a sin. But it is Ok to hiire someone else to kill the rats in a home, letting someone else sin for me . How silly. I just do what makes sense avoid both and get a cat, who does it for pleasure and a living. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 05/04/09 20:24
A: I don't believe that Jesus claimed to be God.I think he felt the one third of the purple flame light up within him.If he was god he wouldn't have died.

Of all the Bible rules I like the Golden Rule the best. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 05/04/09 22:33
A: Our Easter Sunday was rained out but I got to see a double rainbow around sunset.I added 5 haiku to my RAINBOW IN MOTION HAIKU about the double rainbow.The following Sunday which was Orthodox Easter I had the flu.

I've been keeping up with the updates on the Swine Flu /H1N1 Virus.I bought some Swine/Avian Flu masks on Amazon.Fall and Winter flu season starts in the Southern hemisphere.I hope they are prepared for this pandemic.There are over a thousand cases in less than a week.According to Wikipedia this a version of the Spanish Flu strain that killed milions of people between 1918 and 1919.

Can you imagine that the tiniest of all Earth's organisms can be so deadly.The vaccine should be available in the Fall.if you get any flu symptons see the doctor right away!!!!!Hope everyone stays well.

If you pray for anything pray that this "Bug" dies out before we get a repeat of the Spanish Flu pandemic..At least we have the technology to track its progress and the dedicated medical scientists and laboratory technicians who can develope medicines like Tamaflu to combat this disease.

And off course we can always pray to the Deity of our choice.

God bless erveryone and stay well!!!!!!!! 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 05/19/09 3:15

May 09

The season finale of the Fox TV show '24', with Canada-born actor Keefer Sutherland.

Evening Friends.
I watched the last show of the season of '24' tonight, a 2-hour special.
The character of Jack Bauwer has a deathbed scene.
When the doctor says to him 'You have a visitor',
I thought it would be his daughter, but no, it was an Immam,
come to give Jack his final blessing.
The final prayer they say together is of forgiveness.

Indie

Name: sam  •  Date: 05/22/09 17:52
A: Hi Panluna,

You said, "If he was god he wouldn't have died"

Retired bishop J. S. Spong wrote, "God who can be killed ought to be killed"

Sam say, "The God who can be killed, or the God who died, cannot be a God. And a son of God who can be killed by a mob on earth, while the father is watching him from heaven, is no son of God.

If , A God who had a son, then He might have other sons and daughters, a family which might include grand-children too.

And if the son sat on the right hand of God, there might be other sons sitting on the right and the left and behind, and knowing today that God kingdom is more than the earth, but it holds all the universe with trillions of stars and planets , and God might need help to manage keeping the kingdom in shape, WHO KNOWS?

And if the son himself is God, then WHY when he came to heaven did not sit on the thrown but sit /stand on the right hand of God ?.

I cannot see anything fit together, so, where is the truth?, and did Jesus tell us the truth or Paul or the many other?

Jesus said, " Do not call anyone on earth your father; for ONE is your father, HE WHO IS IN HEAVEN.

First, whe Jesus spoke these words He was on earth, and the father His God is in heaven.

Second, Jesus words do not mean a thing for the followers of Christianity ,[not the followers of Jesus], becaus every Christians call their priest 'father'. DID THEY UNDERSTAND JESUS WORDS?.

God bless you. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 05/23/09 1:53
A: Hello Indie Anna,

You mentioned the following in your post [06-15-08]:
A- I read Sam's posts and wonder how he can speak as harshly as he does sometime.
First, please show me at least some examples, because, as I remember , and in all my posts here and in the N.G., and other forums I tried my best to bring first the words of Jesus as the whole truth, while in all those forums the main subject been about the tomb of Jesus, and the son of Jesus and the family of Jesus, and about the discovered gospel {Judas & others] etc..

Second, I used lines from many others, who come to the same conclusion which I came to, when studied the Bible and the gospels, as the retired bishop John S. Spong, and Mark Owen, and Mary Ann Collins, and others all of whom who did speak HARSHLY against the holy book and their religion, while they still belong to the same religion. And when the bishop write,” the Bible full of contradictions and errors ...and the gospels cannot be trusted to be reliable”, he never separate the true words of Jesus from the others [like Paul, etc.] and still carrying the false part of the book joined with good part , and he is free to make his own choice.
But as for me, my choice was to take the only the words of Jesus as holy, and to reject anything that might holds errors and contradictions and anything that might not be accepted logically.

I know the fact that I am responsible for everything when be judged by God, even by the words which I speak {Mat-12:36/37], so what about if I follow the wrong teachings, and follow Paul to understand Jesus ?.

Mary Ann Collins (a former catholic NUN) wrote in 2001:
“Jesus said that the truth will set us free. (John 8:32) However, He did not say that the truth would necessarily be easy to accept. It was painful for me to learn the information that I am about to share with you, but it was also liberating and it led to a closer relationship with God.”
NICE, AND BEAUTIFUL WORDS, but she said too:
“I believe in the Trinity, but I do not know how it work. “ !!!

After many years and a lot of study, and in the Vatican in Rome, she claim that she found the truth !!!, and she changed her dress from catholic to Protestant !!!, and she does not know what she believe in !!!, and she believe that the Bible and the gospels [including Paul letters] are the words of God, and those are the same books for the catholic, and the same books for the Anglican, and the same books which the bishop call “cannot be trusted.

WHERE IS THE TRUTH ?.

The bishop did find that the road he is taken, is the wrong road, but he is still taking the same road.
The NUN did find that the road she is taken , is the wrong road, and she moved from the left side to the right side, in the same road.
Sam, did find the road he was taken is the wrong road, and he stopped , and search for the right road, and he found that road by following the step of Jesus and hearing His only voice.

B- “I say to myself that 'He must have hidden hurts as a former Christian' that he does not share, else he'd be more delicate sometimes.”

Indie, you are right. The hidden hurts are to see people not adhering to the laws of God , and to switch the truth, and to do all what been forbidden in the name of Jesus and God.

1975 is the turning point, when a bus full of people [45-50], Christians and Muslims of all ages traveling from Tripoli to Beirut, was stopped at a bridge [Nahr el-kalb river] by a group of Christian militia, and the Muslims taken out and walked to under the bridge to be butchered by hell of fire, thereafter the newspaper showed those killer as heroes, presented with medals by the Mutran in front of his church. That hurts anyone who has a heart, and bring a question about the people who run the church.
That is the start, and the window open, and the light came to show me the real truth of the wrong truth which I believed in before, thanks God, that is the truth which set me free.

God bless you. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 05/23/09 21:51
A: Hi Indie Anna,

In my last post I tried to answer your question about myself, and now I am bringing the question I had in my mind, and other people mind for many years.

----- QUESTION ANSWERED -----

All the time I questioned OMAR SHERIF seriousness in taken the Islam as his religion, like so many others, since he was born to a Christian family and named “Michael Maaloof”, and in the small town of Zahle (Lebanon), a town with the majority from Catholic (Maronite) faith.

That question was answered. An intrerviw that took place in Beirut, Lebanon in the studio of "Al-Arabia" TV network . [I did record it on tape, and I still keep it after many years]

The interviewer, JAZELL KHOURI [Chritian lady] started with many questions about hiswork as an actor, and his roles in some of his famous films, and then suddenly she switched the subject and asked him this question.

J.K.- Did you became a Muslim because of your work in Egypt, or because of your marriage to Faten?, (Faten Hamama is well known actress, and she is a Muslim).
And Omar Sherif answered:
- how , shoo ( the word in Arabic will means - a surprise, as how can you ‘say’ that-.)
- If I was not very sure, then I will not change.
-After all our GOD is one, not two GODS, and I believe in our GOD. I talk to HIM asking HIM the forgiveness, and HE guided me to the right track. And I became a Muslim.
- I attended Christian school, and at the age of eleven I went to confess, you know, I wanted to confess my wrongs, but the priest started to ask me embarrassing questions, you know, taking advantage of my confession.
- Then, about the baptism, they tell me that no one will enter the paradise without it . Then what about the Pigmys those short people who live in Africa, and the others who never heard of Christianity?.
- I am going to say something, at the age of fifteen I started to doubt in my religion.
- Are we all the sons of our GOD?. The Islam when you think about it, is right, and it is the third and the last religion in the believing in GOD, and the Islam’s believes in all the previous religions.
- you know, my family sent me to England to study?.

As soon as he finished his sentence, she quickly changed the subject.
Then the rest of the interview was about his works again..

After that interview, they show short clip for OMAR and his grandson visiting a church, then after they went to a mosque and prayed.

Now I know the truth about OMAR strong belief in the Islamic faith, the religion which he freely chooses, and of course after many years of search and study, and which he was going to tell, before he was cut off.

Jazell Khouri like me and the others, she was in doubt about him, and she thought that her question about his faith will put him in the corner, and specially because this program is transmitted to millions of viewers in Lebanon and all around the world; Christians and Muslims will see him and hear him giving the truth, and she hopped that Omar will tell everyone listening that he is still a Christian after all, and we know that from her question “you became Muslim because...”.

She never sought that he will tell that he changed his faith in this way and after a lot of research and study and of course a lot of thought “THE ISLAM WHEN ‘YOU THINK’ ABOUT IT , IS RIGHT”, otherwise she will never asked.

It was a chock for her, and Disappointment, and maybe to many others, but as for me it answered my long awaiting question.

Omar here, not only shows the truth, but much more than that, he showed the strong believes in what he chooses for himself as a religion, and he has the courage to deliver his message live on TV to everyone who has doubt, and after that he shows the courage to stand up firm to face the close by peoples from family, relatives, friends and supporters.

Omar Sharif, is one of many witch I heard about, but there are many whom I know in Lebanon and here in Canada who left left the church.

God bless you. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 05/26/09 0:38

Hi Sam. There is a beautiful film with Omar Sharif, entitled Mister Ibrahim. Have ou seen the movie. He plays a Parisian shop keeper who take a young Jewish boy under his wing when the Jewish boy's father dies.

That movie shows Sharif's spiritual and mystical side.
It shows a very mystical side of Islam, I think.
That a Muslim man, a simple shop keeper on a little street in Paris,
lets himself become father to a boy in need, not caring that he is Jewish, caring only that the boy needs a father, is a touching story.

I have to work now. Talk to you this summer.

Take care.

Indie

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD