Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Synchronicity- Abuntant
Hello, guest
Name: Judith  •  Title: Synchronicity- Abuntant  •  Date posted: 06/12/08 17:49
Q: The New Testament seemed to be based on them. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Sassy  •  Date: 06/13/08 0:48
A: Judith - how so? why do you think the NT is based on synchronicty? Can you explain further? I'm curious to know.

Also, you write as the title:
"Synchronicty-Abuntant" Do you mean there was an abundance of coincidences/synchronicty when the NT was written? or that synchronicty brings one more abundance in their life? or perhaps you mean something else. Sorry for all the questions - but 'inquiring minds want to know' :b 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 06/13/08 1:36
A: Hello Sassy
I suppose you can say both. There appeared to be what many thought to use as proof of Jesus and John for works of the Old Testament.
But you may find tons of synchronicities with in your own life as well 
Name: Sassy  •  Date: 06/13/08 4:33
A: Oh I do find or have synchronicities in my life - some more minor ones than others; just small ones.

As regards Jesus and his cuz John, I think many mythical elements were transported atop of them, things added to them-mostly Jesus. And it was John who baptized Jesus, not the other way around-John was teacher to Jesus, but many Christians forget that. it's been suppressed in the NT, but one can still find clues of John's seniority to Jesus. 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 06/13/08 8:43
A: Hi Sassy
It may have been surpressed or not known.
John the Baptist = Elijah=of the Jah's all male group
Jesus =Immanuel = El's or Elohim male female group 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 06/13/08 8:44
A: opp
They each had their own mission 
Name: Sassy  •  Date: 06/13/08 23:44
A: Jesus and John may have been co-messiahs. John the priestly messiah and Jesus the kingly messiah - you'll read more about this in 'The Jesus Dynasty'. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 06/14/08 14:35
A: John the Baptist and Jesus were cousins and both men were married to Mary Magdalene and she had children sired by both of them according to the Gospel of Mary Magdelene interpreted by Kathleen Mcgowan in her novel THE EXPECTED ONE.. 
Name: Sassy  •  Date: 06/14/08 22:26
A: I don't believe both Jesus and John were married to Mary Magdalene - John the Baptist was very pious; I don't think marriage was his thang'.

And as for that Mcgowan chick, she is one big kook ! 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 06/15/08 14:33
A: Sassy,
Kathleen McGowan researched for her novel 25 years worth of material.You can read Mary's own words and interpret them for yourself.I enjoyed the novel.And I followed up with more research in regards to the information based on her book.It checks out.---especially the Blue Apples and Mary Magdalene's gospel.I felt that it was a really good book . 
Name: Sassy  •  Date: 06/15/08 17:35
A: no thanks, as regards Mcgowan. I'll just continue to be a 'snob' where MM is concerned, and stick with the 'academics' the 'experts' on MM - such as Jane Schaberg and Karen King. I much prefer and trust their interpretations of gospel of Mary. They are very intelligent and highly educated women. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 06/15/08 22:10
A: The only thing I found about those two authors is on the Jesus police website.Do you have titles for their books or papers? thanks.What is it that you didn't like about Mcgowan's interpretation? 
Name: Sassy  •  Date: 06/16/08 15:46
A: Panluna, here's some information.

The Resurrection of Mary Magdalene: Legends, Apocrypha, and the Christian Testament
by Jane Schaberg

From Library Journal
Schaberg (The Illegitimacy of Jesus: A Feminist Theological Interpretation of the Infancy Narratives of Matthew and Luke) moves from contemporary feminist concerns, through the vast array of legend, apocryphal writing, and biblical reverberations, back to the "real" Mary Magdalene. She concludes that Magdalene was denigrated because she was a powerful woman, close to Jesus and perhaps to John the Baptist as well. At the same time, Schaberg searches for antecedents of
the empty tomb and stories of John 20, in which Jesus appears to Magdalene: these she finds in the ascension of Elijah in 2 Kings 2, an association that suggests that Magdalene was Jesus' Elisha. Schaberg combines biblical scholarship, imagination, and feminist advocacy into a major work of methodological originality that reveals pervasive themes, such as the silencing of women who question the patriarchy. While there are numerous recent works on Mary Magdalene, Schaberg's book breaks new ground and is recommended for all libraries; required for
seminary and feminist collections. Carolyn M. Craft, Longwood Coll., Farmville, VA
Copyright 2002 Cahners Business Information, Inc.

can read more about the book here :
http://www.amazon.com/Resurrection-Mary-Magda-lene-Apocrypha-Christian/dp/0826413838

Theres- also a book that Ms. Schaberg co-wrote with Melanie Johnson-Debaufre, called "Mary Magdalene Understood" It's an "easier" read than her "'resurrection of MM" book. however, I would suggest reading the more academic work first. (snob that I am. :b )

can read more about this book here :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Magdalene-Understoo-d-Jane-Schaberg/dp/0826418996/ref=sid_dp_dp

as- regards Karen King, she wrote :
The Gospel of Mary of Magdala: Jesus and the First Woman Apostle

From Publishers Weekly
The Gospel of Mary of Magdala, a second-century gospel that was discovered in the 19th century and not published until 1955, shows Mary to be the apostle (yes, apostle) to whom Jesus revealed deep theological insights. King, a professor at Harvard Divinity School and author of What Is Gnosticism?, argues that the Gospel prefers inner spiritual knowledge to exterior forms such as the law and that it
reveals some of the gender conflicts and spiritual divisions of the early Christian movement. King places translations of two extant fragments of the Gospel of Mary side by side, so readers can see the slight differences that appear in the originals. (Because approximately 10 pages of the Gospel are still lost, scholars believe we only have about half of its original material.) In the brief text, the male apostles are
afraid and despondent after Jesus' post-resurrection departure, so Mary tries to cheer them by revealing some of the esoteric teachings that Jesus imparted to her alone. But the teachings cause discord, as Peter and others refuse to believe that Jesus would have given such "strange ideas" to a woman. ("Did he choose her over us?" a petulant Peter asks.) The bulk of King's book takes up various issues raised by the text-questions about the Son of Man, law, women's authority, visionary
experiences and the body. This is a serious scholarly study with the apparatus of an academic book, including Coptic facsimiles of the papyrus, and Coptic and Greek phrases sprinkled throughout the text.
Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc.

more about her book here :
http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-Mary-Ma-gdala-Jesus-Apostle/dp/0944344585

As- for Mcgowan, I'm just not that much into "sensationalism". Those kind of books are ok to read by some for fun perhaps -well that's my opinion on them- but I don't take em all that seriously. and if you question Mcgowan on anything, challenge something she claims she freaks out ! you ever been on a message board with her, Panluna? I dare you to go challenge something she claims in her book. :0

Another one who is kinda similar to her, is the India chick, who also thinks she's related to Jesus ! just as Mcgowan does. Except in her case, she thinks Jesus escaped his crucifixion and went to India where he married and had a bunch of kids and died at an old age. And he didn't marry MM according to this "fantasy". she's another one I questioned on a message board and she went on the "attack". went beserk and all I did was question some of her beliefs/claims made in her Indian Jesus book -and I had my "proof" to show an opposing argument. oh well what the hell. and "rumor" has it that these two authors bicker back and forth quite a bit!

Just to note, one thing about Mcgowan's book that I found offensive was as regards John the Baptist. I think John was a very "holy" man even if he was perhaps smelly and a bit mad. I don't think he was the marrying kind, nor would he beat women up. I think that's just Christian "slander" against John, just as in the new testament they down-grade his "role" in relation to Jesus. 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 06/16/08 17:26
A: Hi All
If you watch the Movie "The Little Buddha" You will see a different point of view that may well apply
When I Lama dies his spirit supposedly comes back in three children. Two male / one female . That is he is no longer Three aspects in one but now One aspect in three. A Trinity. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 06/16/08 18:43
A: Sassy, thanks.have you read THE SECRET TEACHINGS OF MARY MAGDALENE by Claire Nahmad and Margaret Baily?
I know thw difference between the seriousness of factual writings and the ease of getting an idea across to someone found in spinning a tale--like a novel.I had no idea that you had conversed with the two authors.What was the nameof the India book? And Jesus did spend time in India out of reach of the Romans.He learned and was influenced by buddhist and tantric thinking as well as metaphysics.He went beyond the normal education limited to Rabbis namely Old Testament and Kabbalah.Mary Magdalene was his consort,wife and tower of strength but the legend has it that she knew Jesus and John all of her life and she was given to John first and when he died because of Salome she married Jesus.They were only human at that time.Their lives being misinterpreted and then glorified happened as the church became established.The Bible is not the complete picture.The Gnostics and other writings tell a different story only recently told to the world.As a genre I find books like McGowans novel and Browns novel to be fun t o read and educational without shoveling a too heavy thought load of facts. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 06/16/08 18:46
A: Judith,
You can find a really good explaination for the idea of trinity and holy fire in a book I mentioned by Pinkham,THE TRUTH BEHIND THE CHRIST MYTH..... 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 06/17/08 1:17
A: And I forgot to mention I ordered a copy of Little Buddha from Amazon.it almost sounds like the current Dalai Lama's story.I wonder how the Buddhist actually decide who is the current incarnation of Buddha.Is it something the young kids do?iI watched the Seeds of Compassion program recently featuring the Dalai Lama.It's on youtube also. 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 06/17/08 1:33
A: Hi Panluna
If I remember right the first time I saw "The Little Buddha" was on Channel 42 , PBS years ago. When I watched the CD version parts were removed.
I also thought that the one On Channel 42 said that was all based on a true story. Now when I watch the CD I don't see that. 
Name: Sassy  •  Date: 06/17/08 22:28
A: No I don't know much about "the secret teachings of MM", but there are tons of MM books out these days, who can keep up ! So, I try to for the most part to stick to more scholary studies of MM. And sure the DaVinci Code and such are perhaps 'fun' books to read, but the problem is some people take all that Brown wrote as the truth - and Brown was misleading by putting that page in the front of the book - how it was all true, and all facts and whatnot. While Brown may have gotten some things right, there's lots of errors in his book.

There are so many legends and myths as regards the lost years of Jesus, that anyone can dream up something. I just accept they are lost years, and we'll never likely know for certain what all Jesus did or where he went. He could have traveled, maybe he did and maybe he didn't.

The India Jesus author is named Suzanne Ollsson (I think it is spelled). I forget the name of the book offhand, but go to Amazon.com and one can find it. She though doesn't just think Jesus just went to India while growing up, she thinks he escaped crucifixion as well and went to live the rest of his life in India. The Muslims and some Gnostics also have this viewpoint, that Jesus escaped crucifxion. Though some tales claim he went to India, others say he went to Japan after his escape, and still others claim he went to Egypt. Nothing like having a good imagination... 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD