Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Jesus son of Mary different from Jesus son of Joseph
Hello, guest
Name: sonyman  •  Title: Jesus son of Mary different from Jesus son of Joseph  •  Date posted: 07/07/07 17:40
Q: Syalom

I believe that Joseph named one of his biological sons with Jesus son of Joseph, while Jesus son of Mary is his Older brother, so, the tomb revealed, was the tomb of the brother of Jesus son of Mary, not the tomb of Jesus son of Mary. Then Judas son of Jesus son of Joseph was not the son of Jesus son of Mary.

I'm a shiite moslem, so I believe that Allah use the name "Jesus son of Mary" in the Quran, because Allah knows that one day, man will discover tomb with name Jesus son of Joseph.

Please disscuss this

Syalom 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 07/18/07 15:25
A: Read the Jesus Family Tomb if you get a chance to.Jesus son of Joseph was the epigram on the limestone ossuary found in the Talpiot Tomb among eleven other limestone boxes.Also there is a lot of information in the posts on this forum and related forums.Joseph was Jesus's biological father and Mary his mother and they were Hebrew.Jesus was a rabbi who was deified by his followers over the centuries after his death--the most famous one in history. 
Name: Massimo  •  Date: 10/04/07 22:47
A: Dear Sonyman,

You raise a valid point which I had not considered before. Additionally, another question must be asked. Why was Joseph not buried in the same tomb? You would think that the family nucleus would have to be completed by the presence of the patriarch's remains. 
Name: deeu  •  Date: 10/06/07 23:25
A: Massimo. Joseph could very well have been in the same tomb, perhaps one of the un-named ossuaries? Remember there were 11 ossuaries...not all had names. 
Name: Stephen_Richard_Webb  •  Date: 11/27/07 13:52
A: @ sonyman: So, let me get this straight, Yoseph had more than one wife? If what you say is true, then the younger Y'shua [Jesus / Isa] would not be Ibn Mariam [son of Mary], so would have to have a different mother - does anyone here know if Yoseph had another wife? I don't think he did. I mean, that would technically make both Ibn Yoseph and Ibn Mariam [son of Joseph and Mary] if Yoseph only had Mariam as his wife... 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 11/29/07 17:32
A: Stephen,
According to the New Testement Joseph was married to Mary, the mother of Jesus.There is no mention of Joseph's first wife in most accounts but Jesus had siblings.According to the Gospel of Mary Magdalene she (Mary Magdalene)was first given in an arranged marriage to John the Baptist,a cousin of Jesus and after he was beheaded she married Jesus and they begat a family. I heard it on the grapevine.....
Got the Bible gossip straightened out?
The Old Testement is the history of the Jewish people.The New Testament is a collection of works attributed to the Disciples of Jesus Christ and is a testamony of his life and works.If it hadn't been for *Paul--who never met Jesus---this religious sect would have died out during the first century.You can read about the details and the history of Christianity on Wikipedia or other sources.

*Paul had a supernatural life-changing encounter which resulted in a political-religious agenda that unified and established the first century Judeo "Christians".(Gnostic?) 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD