Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » James White and the Jesus family tomb findings
Hello, guest
Name: philoalethinos  •  Title: James White and the Jesus family tomb findings  •  Date posted: 03/03/07 4:02
Q: Greetings group

For any who are interested who have been following the newest attempt to discredit Christianity in the finding of the ‘Jesus family tomb,” Christian author James White was interviewed in a downloadable audio program today concerning the evidence for and against this theory.

It is available here:

http://www.callingfortruth.org/cft/content/view/343/10/

White has been taking the lead among many Christian apologist in asking the questions that the main stream media has failed to ask about this supposed finding, from questioning the meaning of the DNA evidence presented, to the usage of the “ Acts of Philip” to make the name “Mariamne” mean Mary Magdalene, to the common usage of the Jewish names, Mary, Joseph, and Jesus, as well as the likelihood of Jesus family having burial tombs in Jerusalem, among other interesting related issues.

I am glad that persons like Mr. White has taken the time to challenge this supposed finding and who challenges the utter lack of any serious scholarship in this matter that has thus far been presented. I think that many here will enjoy this free downloadable audio presentation.

In Christ,

Philoalethinos 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Schwar3Kat  •  Date: 03/03/07 6:13
A: While I don't discredit Mr White and do acknowlege that he may make valid arguements, he has a vested interest in the outcome of this debate.

I am an athiest yet I believe that this Talpiot tomb 'theory' is totally lacking in scientific evidence. I purposely avoid reading 'evidence' provided by people with vested interests, prefering to stick with acknowleged experts who are as nuetral as possible. 
Name: truth  •  Date: 03/05/07 7:24
A: For years people have replaced G-d with Jesus. I think G-d has had enough. Is your faith so weak that the bones of Jesus will make you abandon G-d? The Creator wants mankind to serve him in spirit and truth. It is said, “The truth will set you free!”
I find it strange that Judaism and Islam don’t view Jesus in the same manner as Christianity.
Is it not strange that Jesus was not thought of as god in flesh until years later? No where in the Jewish writings or Aramaic text does it state Jesus is a god.
Many of you will say it’s because the Jews killed him. You sadly mistaken and mislead. You have been lied to. Hoodwinked! Oppressed Jews didn’t have the authority to order anyone to be killed? The following are a few points to think about:

1)James, the brother of said in a debate over Jesus’ doctrine, that he (Jesus) never said, “He was the son of G-d.”
2)Jesus was Jewish, Jewish men marry and have families. Does not the Bible say, “He (Jesus) would kiss her (Mary) on her mouth often? As a Jew he would follow the law, would he not? Kissing her outside of marriage categorizes of fornication.
3)If the truth came out at this time the Catholic Church would lose billions of dollars and go into ruins. The people would know that they had been lying and leave the church.
4)The Orthodox Jews don’t want you to know the truth because you may try to become Jewish.
I will gather them from the four corners of earth, saith the L-rd our G-d. Some who believe in Jesus will become Muslims and those who don’t, Jews. I will make him (Ishmael) a Great Nation, saith the Lord our G-d.
5)My father would say, “If someone wants to rule over someone else all they have to do is Feed them and give them Money. And if they really want them to do what they say, Take It All Away!
Think about it, need I say more?
6) The Bible say’s, When the Messiah comes he will bring PEACE. We have not reached that state. However, I do see G-d unveiling the hearts of mankind and truth replacing the veil. Love never Fails!
7) READ, READ, READ, in the name of the L-rd. He will reveal the truth! Friday sundown to Sunday is not three days!

Lastly, I leave you the reader with this question. If there was no promise of Heaven or Hell would you continue to serve G-d? You say Yes, but would your heart still love Him the same if there were no streets paved of gold. Could you love Jesus for the doctrine he left Knowing that he is not G-d in flesh? ( G-d is G-d. Alone There is none else.) You would have to learn to TRUST G-d and Him Alone as does the Jew and Muslim. 
Name: KRS  •  Date: 03/05/07 14:22
A: Actually, athiests, etc., are as ideologically driven as anyone else. But I agree, there were some serious questions that Koppel's experts did not ask, that should have been. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 07/01/08 4:56
A: .
Has Prof. White written any further on the subject in the last year?
Indie

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD