Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » JODI MAGNESS, Professor?
Hello, guest
Name: Nate  •  Title: JODI MAGNESS, Professor?  •  Date posted: 07/26/07 3:34
Q: http://thegodabovegod.com/index_files/Jodi%20Magness%20Refuted.htm

This is a refutation of her article concerning the Lost Tomb of Jesus. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 07/26/07 17:15
A: Welcome back! 
Name: r3  •  Date: 07/27/07 3:30
A: And here is the refutation of TLTJ

http://members.aol.com/S-Hinrichs9/jesustomb.pdf

remov-e- dashes

13. CONCLUSIONS

Bayes equation, the basic formula commonly used to evaluate conditional probabilities, is the correct equation for evaluating the probabilities associated with the level of matching found between the Talpiot Tomb and the Gospel Jesus Family. Section 4.5.1 proves that Bayes equation is the correct formula for evaluating the probability for this type of problem. Thus, any formulation that is not consistent with Bayes equation would be invalid. Section 4.5.1.7 shows that the Feuerverger formulation is incorrect for the many reasons listed in Section 8.1. Other methods are also shown incorrect in Section 4.5.1.3.

Section 5 lists the equations that are used in Bayes equation to determine the extont and nonextont probability for the level of matching found between the Talpiot Tomb and the Gospel Jesus Family. The extont is fundamentally based on the number of other Jesus son of Josephs that could have been placed in the Talpiot Tomb. The nonextont is fundamentally based on the number of found inscribed male names on ossuaries that aside from their specific name would be consider as candidate ossuaries for the Gospel Jesus just as the Talpiot Tomb ossuaries are by TLTJ. Based on the calculations in Section 7 conservative odds of at least 59:1 against the Talpiot Tomb containing the Gospel Jesus are determined. The nonextont probability cannot be used to directly measure argument strength; however, it’s value of at least 0.669 is very high and is order of magnitudes higher than a minimum standard used in science use to make a significant argument. The probabilities imply that the match found is at a level well expected to occur just by random. Thus, valid probabilistic analysis of TLTJ clearly does not imply the Gospel Jesus was buried in the Talpiot Tomb. 
Name: betty47  •  Date: 07/27/07 3:39
A: r3 - Bayes equation also says with statistics that Jesus never rose from the dead. The odds are 0% that he did. So stop this silly number issue and get therapy. Prove Jesus rose with statistics. The odds are 1 in billions that he did. Pretty poor odds for those who want to take the bible literally. 
Name: betty47  •  Date: 08/12/07 20:32
A: Jodi Magness has lost all credibility with me with her rush to get others to believe that this is not the Jesus Family Tomb before more research was done.

However, I invite others to look at http://www.messianic.com which I think is a better mix of Judaism and Christ's thoughts than modern day Christianity is. I haven't adopted it yet myself, but I'm reading about it. 
Name: Anchorite  •  Date: 02/02/08 1:41
A: The best version of the philosophy of Jesus is the gospel of st thomas. And he himself drew on tao like ideas. Perhaps read an early version of tao te ching as well. Forensicated bones won't help yiou.

MLH 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD