Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Is curiosity dead?
Hello, guest
Name: Mark-Tao  •  Title: Is curiosity dead?  •  Date posted: 03/02/07 18:05
Q: Is there anyone else who wants to see what these people have come up with, not to defend or attack a religous belief, but out of an honest sense of wonder and a desire to better understand events that have shaped our world?

I don't think it's the theological ideas that threaten people. If you look at the large number of beliefs that peolpe hold, you can see that people will believe just about anything.

I really think it's about the power structures that are built up around our beliefs. This even happens in science when a new idea threatens an old one and people have careers and research money attached to an old way of thinking.

I don't think it's the ideas. It's the power structures connected to those ideas. There needs to be space in our society for exploring ideas that might pose a threat to our old power stuctures.

I think in that spirit, we should all watch this documentary and get ready for the new, exiting questions it will inspire. Life is one discovery after another. This documentary reminds me that there are always new things to learn.

More power to those who discover. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: jesusfamilytomb  •  Date: 03/04/07 17:33
A: This is not a discovery but at blatant attenpt to foster a belief in a royal bloodline so that the secret societies can install their "man of sin" to be worshipped. The bible calls him "The Antichrist."

Secret Societies are secret for a reason. They hide the truth from the public and conceal their adoration and worship of Lucifer.

This is why you must climb up in rank within a secret society by degree lest the secret be known. There is a conspiracy and those that do things in secret are behind it all. Consider the conspiracy against GOD...

The Jesus Family Tomb Scam
http://www.jesusfamilytombscam.com

-Jesus Family Tomb Scam 
Name: mjva  •  Date: 03/05/07 12:54
A: Thank you Mark-Tao! I have been up late reading this site for hours and you have said the most intelligent thing. Let's not forget the power to question is essential to discovery. 
Name: robin  •  Date: 03/05/07 13:03
A: Curiosity isn't dead only the strength to be curious and not follow what you are told to follow. 
Name: lizet  •  Date: 04/07/09 10:31
A: I would like to know more about those manuscripts found in the tomb? The stack of old paper the director was sitting on, which he partially read in the video? IAA should have these taken out for study. Did the archaeologists of 1980 found these also? What were their comments about this? I really would like to know, i believe the answers are there. Thank you. 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 04/08/09 9:22
A: Thank you Mark-Tao
Poswer structures have been created out of peoples personal spiritual experiences, and many have had them. To claim that there is only one is silly. There has been money to be made and ways to control groups of people with experiences, or observed phenomina, and often the one who had the experience or displayed extra ordinary are not the perpetraters of those structures, but have given others fodder to use and capitalize on. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 05/02/09 14:21
A: .

Hi Lizet

Welcome to the forum.

I'll answer your question about the documents found in Talpiot by
Mr. J.

The Discovery Channel team entered the tomb in 2004 or 2005 I think?

Not sure about that.

The tomb was undisturbed possibly for centuries,
possibly between the 1st century up until 1980.

My understanding is that no documents were found in the tomb
in 1980. Only 3 skulls, and the bone boxes.

After the bone boxes were removed in 1980,
before the tomb was scealed, some old documents
that were decomposing anyway, were placed in
the tomb.

Indie

Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 05/02/09 14:34
A: .

Hello to the person calling him or herself "JesusFamilyTomb".

I am 'curious'.

The tomb you refer to in your name is not the Talpiot tomb, yes?

The tomb you refer to in your name, is it not the tomb in India?

If there is only the body of Jeus in that tomb, why do you call it
a "family" tomb?

Also, Primitive Church historian say, I think, that the idea of divinity dated from after the time Jesus would have visited India. How do you explain the idea of divinity? Is your tomb lore not a we be anachronistic?

Just curious.

Indie

Name: Panluna  •  Date: 05/04/09 20:14
A: I'm always curious and I agree with you there is much to learn every day. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 05/04/09 20:17
A: lizet,

The documents were old worn out Bibles. 
Name: ForumAgainstum  •  Date: 01/19/10 14:29
A: Beliefs and disbeliefs are only required if one is located at a distance from the actual truth. Thus if one sticks to ones beliefs like glue, one remains at a distance from the truth forever.

If one is happy with ones beliefs and disbeliefs, one is happy with being at a distance from the truth.

Thus in short, a believer will only accept truth as best as can be, but only located at a distance from it. Thus if truth is presented to a believer in the here and now, it is immediately rejected since distance has been removed from the equation.

Thus we have been very creative in our beliefs, and have run out of new beliefs, thus the lack of interest in truth creates a lack of overall curiosity concerning what lies beyond the limited reach of beliefs.

Yes people may discuss possibilities, but still will not move from the zone of beliefs to reach the actual truths. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 01/22/10 0:52
A: ForumAgainstum ,

Hello,
You quoted this: "Yes people may discuss possibilities, but still will not move from the zone of beliefs to reach the actual truths"
That is a sammary to what came before it in the 'beliefs and disbeliefs' ideas, and I do agree with you, but I would like to add :

- the actual truth can be found only by using LOGIC , SCIENCES and common sence in analyzing the information which came to us from the past.

- it is easy to differentiate between the true and false, and between the real and the myth, and for sure those who are glued to their beliefs will never ever differentiate but blindly accept what been given without any question, those which i call sheeps without shepherd.
for example: saying that a flood happen and everything destroyed but few survived that can accepted logically, but saying that a flood in which the water covered the highest mountain, that cannot be true story and cannot be the words of God.
peoples of that beliefs believe that flood happen word by word, and in the area where the mountain ARARAT is, and its 16,946 ft. above sea level.
I cannot understand how people be so naive to accept that as the words of God, and the truth, and keep read it and tell it to their children !!!!!,

The LOGIC & SCIENCE tells us that the water on earth are curved taking the globe shape, but while there are ups and downs in the water by the condition of weather [waves] , there will never be a situation where the water can go up 16 thousand feet in Ararat and not cover the rest of the mountains all around the world with similar hights, and cover 99.9 of the land on earth.

People are not only blind to see the truth, but they are coward to face the truth.

God bless you. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD