Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » If you Bought A Bottle of Coke....
Hello, guest
Name: Red  •  Title: If you Bought A Bottle of Coke....  •  Date posted: 03/08/07 16:55
Q: Opened it up and took a big swig and it was actually root beer, would you surmise that the bottle markings were wrong? Or would you deduce that root beer was put in a bottle intended for coke?

The fact that you drank root beer does not Negate the fact that the Bottle was Constructed to Hold Coke.

A Sane person would not argue that Coke doesnt exist, because the Coke inscribed bottle PROOVES that the prouduct Exists to Fit the form of that bottle.

If A person in that same situation did not beleive that coka-cola exists, then why is the bottle your drinking from insribed for it???

That person has no arguement against the existence of Coca- cola..... Jeesh...... 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Red  •  Date: 03/08/07 18:11
A: W#hat, No coke drinkers?? 
Name: BobofSam  •  Date: 03/08/07 19:16
A: You're crazy. 
Name: Red  •  Date: 03/08/07 19:24
A: This is one of the languages that jesus used in the bible. It's called an analogy (parable) . I thought I would try this form of language to maybe get my point accross in a way that christains should be acustom to. (that is if they read the bible). 
Name: Red  •  Date: 03/09/07 14:50
A: Bump.... 
Name: slyfoxx  •  Date: 03/09/07 15:19
A: *laffin hard*.....lemme guess....a redhead?? 
Name: slyfoxx  •  Date: 03/09/07 16:10
A: Ohhhhhh yes....redheads are special. I'm a fellow redhead. I've never met one that I didn't remember....either really good or really bad. Awesome debaters!!!! 
Name: sadinoel  •  Date: 03/09/07 16:13
A: Here I have a parable too!

What if some guys wanting to make a ton of cash used selective omission, cherry picking, and flawed statistical models to generate a claim that Root Beer was Coke?

Your parable is pointless and does not address the central issue.

Examine the science.

That's all there is to it.

When someone makes a claim you examine the science and reasons for their conclusions.

Personal agendas and religious convictions do not even come into play until the study is verified by AN OUTSIDE UNBIASED SOURCE. 
Name: hbic3  •  Date: 03/09/07 17:22
A: I like it. Very sound logical argument. You got an "A" in philosphy, didnt' you? 
Name: sadinoel  •  Date: 03/09/07 17:58
A: Probably but too bad for him this isn't about philosophy :) Rather it's about making claims based on bogus and manipulated data. 
Name: Red  •  Date: 03/09/07 19:17
A: Sadinoel..... the answer to your Question is

They would be fools

Btw, that wasnt a parable, it was a simple question.... and no, you dont "examine science" you apply it.

And your right, this isnt about philosophy it's about EVIDENCE. 
Name: Red  •  Date: 03/09/07 19:31
A: Btw,

Who do you suggest as an OUTSIDE UNBIASED SOURCE to verify this thing? 
Name: sadinoel  •  Date: 03/09/07 22:08
A: How about the Discovery Channel itself? They have decided not to air the bogus "documentary" again.

Or you can check the Archaeological Institute of America, Scientific American, Time Magazine, Natl. Geographic, Joe Zias, Amos Kloner, Stephen Pfann, etc.

Red, you do realize who you are putting your trust in here don't you? One of their so called "Experts" authored these enlightening titles: "Charles Pellegrino" past books are The Ghosts of Atlantis, Ghosts of Vesuvius, Rtn to Sodom and Gomorrah, and Unearthing Atlantis. The first two deal with psychic phenomena while the last two deal with mythical places. He co-authored the (Jesus Tomb) book as well as appears from time to time in the film.

You and others arguing these findings as being legit have lost the debate Red. It was a cool story when it started and I was very excited in anticipation that the "find" was real... I was looking forward to a more plausible case. They really disappointed me and now it's all just going away.

Oh well, maybe next time! 
Name: Red  •  Date: 03/09/07 23:44
A: Then why are you still around worrying about it.? Look, when this thing broke I knew you guys would come out of the woodwork and Say ANYTHING to defend your faith. Including LIEING and twisting facts.

Im not pew fodder. B.S may work in the pulpit but not in the woods.... 
Name: hbic3  •  Date: 03/10/07 13:58
A: Ok, so you didn't take philosphy and learn about Socrates, Plato, the Pre-Socrats, socratic arguements, deductive arguements, etc.... My bad! Philosophy is not just metaphysics, epistomology and ethics. It's LOGIC too.

Look it up! 
Name: Red  •  Date: 03/10/07 14:13
A: I admit logic has it's weakneses and limitations..... Like in a poker game.

Chance and bluff I.E. Guess and Lie.

They say Good christains dont gamble...... BS. they are the best poker players around. 
Name: hbic3  •  Date: 03/10/07 16:41
A: Are you smoking something foul?

Where the bleep are you and what the bleep are you talking about? 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 02/17/08 10:03
A: .

Red,
I am a Coke drinker.
Trying to give it up...

The initial post on this page has my attention.
Your point?
The coke bottle represents the ossuaries?
The the root beer is the results of DNA testing?

So, after all, Root Beer, not Coke, "... Is The Real Thing! " ?

:)

Indie

Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 11/06/09 5:36
A: .

Nov 2009

My H1N1 dizziness caused me to buy a bottle of coke today.
I thought the sugar and the cafeine would be good.
It was.

But, who is the stupit engineer at CocaCola that designed the new
red cap on the 591 ml bottles????

Franchement! I can no longer put the cap on and hold the bottle with
just one hand. I need to use both hands and about 7 tries before the
cap slides onto the thread of the bottle top.

So, when I drive, I have to buy Pepsi. Sorry Coca Cola.
Their cap goes on first try every time and when I'm driving,
doing that with one hand is needed.

The red Coca Cola cap looks nice.
But it ain't the real thing.

Indie

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD