Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Graphic design of this site is sensational and in bad taste
Hello, guest
Name: Rob  •  Title: Graphic design of this site is sensational and in bad taste  •  Date posted: 05/18/07 16:01
Q: Something which tends to drag down the expectations of something worthwhile coming out of this investigation and discussion is the quality of graphic design of this site. It brings to mind the sensationalism of Eric Von Daniken visitors from outer space and for me suggestion that this whole thing was invented for financial gain. Why not get rid of the "Ye old" rocks and do something in good taste that fits the seriousness of the topic. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Ladyhawk  •  Date: 05/18/07 17:45
A: We live in highly visual times, and whereas other generations looked to the written word to determine the validity of discourse, we are, to a great extent, trained now to take a very quick look at the candidate or the ad or the website and make decisions based on what we see. Thus we confer both enormous power and responsibility on those responsible for creating our visual references.

I'm old school. I read the words. But I like the look of this website, too. It's a warm environment: colors are low-key, textures are suggestive of ancient times, the modern "authors", as it were, are present in the animated picture at the top. I don't think--on the internet--that this is so bad. I've seen a lot worse. It is a bit of a facade, but have you been to Vegas or a new mall lately? Everything is a mini faux-environment, designed to create ambiance, and when it isn't, it's hard to get interested or get around. (Take a look at bible.org--a strip mall by comparison!)

All that aside, however, you seem to have some strong opinions about how this should look, and it's interesting to know where people are coming from. How would you redesign it? 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 05/18/07 21:00
A: I like the site just as it is. 
Name: Not Dattaswami  •  Date: 05/30/07 0:27
A: .. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 01/25/09 13:08
A: .
Walk the land of Palestine. It is a land of stone of the color of this page.
Indie 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD