Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Discovery channel- we stand behind it 100 %
Hello, guest
Name: Red  •  Title: Discovery channel- we stand behind it 100 %  •  Date posted: 03/09/07 23:30
Q: The executive Vice- president of the discovery channel Said that " we stand behind the film 100%."

They have stopped airing the film however, based on what i can gather because of the desire to aproach the issue in a "mature" way.

The ratings on the night of airing were record, and usually this is reported the next day but they did not report it and this was unuasual.

The ceo said it's not about money or ratings and they are going to approach it carefully.

This does not mean they will not air it in the future.

Go to the discover channel site and youll find the article.... 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 02/17/08 9:42
A: Red,
I came to this discussion very late. Why? I heard about the Discovery Channel commercial about the airing. I programmed my recorder.
But, I live in Canada. It did not air in Canada on Discovery Channel
I called the offices in Canada.

The lady said : Oh, we don't have the same programming as in the US.
Me : Is it going to air in Canada?
The DChannel lady : I don't know.
Me : can you e-mail with the info?
DC lady : Yes.

Never heard from her.
I bought the DVD in Dec 07.

Have you seen the Press Conference?
http://dsc.discovery.-com/convergence/tomb/tomb.html

-I- think that Mr. Cameron and Mr. Jacabovici are wondering at times why they ever opened the debate. For sure, it has generated a near-global shift in human culture. But, they each have had to deal with a lot of grief because of the documentary. The Press Conference is pretty amazing.
Have watched it a couple of times.

Indie

Name: vvk  •  Date: 02/18/08 4:58
A: Country Date (the lost tomb of Jesus ) TV 2007
USA March 2007
Finland 5 April 2007
France 29 May 2007
Japan 24 June 2007 ...
I think it was aired in Canada too, just after in USA
it's not easy to do it again, I like it's free to public discussion. don't feel fear of it, it's has itown valvue. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 02/18/08 16:30
A: Hi,
Indie Anna , "But, I live in Canada. It did not air in Canada on Discovery Channel "
& vvk, "I think it was aired in Canada too, just after in USA"

In front of me is a SONY TAPE , "EDmax " blue colour, and a paper inserted in it , say "VISION TV/ THE TOMB".
I watched the programme direct from the TV, and after I watched the TAPE many times, to make my own notes. I think SIMCHA, TABOR and the rest , they did an excellent and honest work.
I did not write the date, but I did record it when it was aired on TV in ONTARIO {CANADA}, I do remember that was after few days from airing this programme in the USA.

Also another tapes I did record from the VISION channel:
BASF-----THE SECRET FILES OF THE INQUISITION.........& JUDAS GOSPEL.

FUJI------ BIOGRAPHY OF JESUS.....{PRESIDENT JIMMY CARTER - from CNN, [interview on larry king]}..... JESUS LIFE.

RCA---- BREAKING THE DA VINCI CODE.
And many others.

God bless you. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 02/18/08 20:49
A: Dear Indie Anna,

You oppened this post, "Title: Sam & Indie's Bible-Coran sharing • Date posted: 01/11/08 11:14 "
I brought some questions (Date: 01/28/08 19:01 ) wishing that you will answer them, but it seems that you never came back to the post which you originated in the first place !!!, you should not run away from the truth.

Finding the lost gospels, and then the TOMB are real things,and they will bring us much closer to the truth, and knowing that Jesus promised us with THE HELPER , after He is gone, is a part from that pazzel.

I don't know who is the comming Helper from the point of view of the Christians, but I do believe that the prophet Muhammad is the one who was sent by God to fulfil Jesus promise, and I can prove that.

Jesus came to fulfil a prophecy of the prophet "Isaiah" , It is written in the Jews Bible, and the Jews did not believe in Him, even with all the miracles that He performed in front of them!.
And the same happen to the Helper {the prophet} who came after Jesus. The prophet who brought what Jesus mentioned about Him, "HE WILL DISCLOSE TO YOU WHAT IS TO COME", "HE WILL GLORIFY ME", "HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL THE TRUTH."

I would like to hear your thoughts about the PROMISED HELPER, not only as a Christian, but also as the only one that I know in this forums who has a university degree in theological studies.

maybe vvk and others can join us to find the truth about the HELPER, because that is an important piece of the puzzle if we bring it to the picture might serve in bringing the Muslims and the Christian closer, and to bring peace among them.

"HEAR O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD."
"HEAR O CHRISTIANS & ISRAELIS ! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD."

---HEAR O ISRAELIS, CHRISTIAN MUSLIM !, THAT BOTH ISMAEL AND ISAAC ARE THE SON OF OUR FATHER ABRAHAM WHO CAME FROM DAVID, AND WE ALL THE SON OF OUR FATHER ADAM, AND WE ALL THE SON OF OUR FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN,THE ONE AND ONLY GOD.

If all the people could unserstand this fact, then for sure they will come to peace among themselves.

Q- 49:12 O you who have believed{THAT IS A MESSAGE TO ALL BELIEVERS}, avoid much negative assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear God; indeed God is accepting of repentance, and Merciful.

WE ARE ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, AND WE SHOULD NOT HARM EACH OTHER IN ANY WAY, THAT IS IS A SIN.

WHY SHOULD ANYONE KILL HIS BROTHER {BECAUSE OF NIGATIVE ASSUMPTION} ?.

Looking for the truth is not a SIN, but it is an obligation, because without it we might be going in the wrong path and not knowing it.

While taking a brake, I read the followings:
"And he who seeks finds"..."Or what man is there among you who, when his son ....asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?"..." In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to to treat you, FOR THIS IS THE LAW LAW AND THE PROPHETS."
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord.' will enter the kingdom of heaven, BUT HE WHO DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER [GOD] WHO IS IN HEAVEN will enter. from Matthew 7:8 to 21.

Quran- 4:124 And whoever does righteous deeds, whether male or female, while being a believer , those will enter paradise and will not be wronged.
4:125 And who is better in religion than one who SUBMITS HIMSELF TO GOD while being a doer of good AND FOLLOW THE RELIGION OF ABRAHAM, inclining toward truth? And God took Abraham as an intimate friend.

Q- 31:22 And whoever submits his face [i.e., self] to God while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold. And to God will be the outcome of all matters.

God bless you. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 02/19/08 3:50
A: .

(Sam : See reply under the heading you cite.)

VVK,
Thank you for your post. As you say, the content of the movie is a public discussion. For Discovery Channel not to explain that not all countries would air the movie at the same time, for Discovery Channel to not openly announce when the movie would air in Canada, I think, was to not understand the interest the common person had in wanting to see the movie.

Indie

Name: sam  •  Date: 02/21/08 21:00
A: Hi Indie Anna,

As for , "for Discovery Channel to not openly announce when the movie would air in Canada"

----The discovery channel announcement for the movie put on the air many times and for few weeks, even it was annouced on other channels.

As for your post, "(Sam : See reply under the heading you cite.)"

---- I wonder why you did not bring your answer HERE on this cite/ post?,and to continue the discussion on the same page, which I think it is the right way and the normal way.

---- I wonder why you keep bringing "sam wrote" and put all my post before your answer. I know what I wrote and all what I need is your answer, and to the point, and not going around bring me songs or what the Enote wrote, or bring me all the stories from the history.
This discussion is no more than an exchange {SHARING} for our soughts, and that means ME & YOU, and our soughts.

When you said, " (1)For you to tell me that I must think that the Saudi story is the only true story of revelation is (2) insulting to me."

----Wake up. THE ISLAM IS THE TEACHING THAT CAME BY THE QURAN, AND IT IS NOT A SAUDI STORY {stop your lies}, AND IT IS NOT A STORY.
ON THE OTHER SIDE THE STORY OF THE DEVIL TAKING JESUS TO THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN TO SHOW HIM THE KINGDOMS OF THE WORLD AND THEIR GLORY THAT IS A STORY AND A BAD ONE{THAT IS IF YOU KNOW THAT THIS MEANS A HUMILIATION TO JESUS, AND A WORD AGAINST GOD}

1- what I brought THROUGHOUT MY POSTS has nothing to do with the Saudi. You should know the history !!!, and the saudi just came as rulers of most of land of the arabian peninsula in recent years , First Saudi State (1744-1818)...Second Saudi State (1824-1891)...and the third (1900s to this date).
SO, WHEN YOU MENTION THE ISLAM RELIGION AND TEACHINGS AS A "SAUDI STORY".,First, that shows, that you do not know much about the history or the geography !.
Second, When I did ask about the HELPER, and that came by the words of Jesus is not an insult as you claim, but when you claim the teachings of Islam as Sadi teaching, that is a clear insult (2) , and it is just a big lie used by the Christians as many others claims, and they do try to switch the truth.
Did you forget, that you claimed before that Muhammad get his knowledge about the creation & the universe while He was in the SINAI DESERT !!!, while the truth is , Muhammad never been to SINAI, and what you claimed is just another big lie, and you think that you are good by switching the truth, and you try to tell that you are a fair and understanding person !!!.

A wise person, before he speaks, he should make sure that his words represents the truh, because when he brings false words "careless words" he will be responsible for them and he will be judged at the end.

BUT I (JESUS) TELL YOU THAT EVERY CARELESS WORD THAT PEOPLE SPEAK, THEY SHALL GIVE AN ACCOUNTING FOR IT IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT.
Jesus is right, you should remember his word when you make careless statements {A statement is made from many words put together... so you will be judged for EVERY CARELESS WORD that you speak.

And you use " ASSUME....SUPERIOR HISTORY"
"To assume that one's onw history is the only good one, the best, the more superior history, is wrong."

I wonder if what you mentioned above has anything to do with the subject which we dealing with?. We are dealing with "Bible-Coran sharing ", and that means we bring both the Quran and the Bible into our discussions, and SHARE our both knowledge in regards to what they hold from truths, not to see who is superior, but to see what came in those books can be right and can be accepted when analyzed from the logical and the scientific point as they are the true message of God and represents his words.

Indie, You said, A- "What makes me weep, is that there are so few people curious to want to discover the past of others."

------ You should know the fact that most of the people are careless, and even sometimes the educated ones!!!. The "PAST", that means the history, and evreyone write his own history as great one, while the others history as ugly as they can make it. The only way to sort the right from the wrong is to put all the history on the table and use the logic in the search for the truth.

I question a Muslim who write something wrong about the others, and I do the same about the rest, but if a Christian or a Muslim write what is wrong about themselves then that can be right. for example, the statements from a Bishop writing the followings"
THE BIBLE FULL OF CONTRADICTIONS AND ERRORS..THE GOSPELS CANNOT BE TRUSTED TO BE RELIABLE. I do accept it as true as possible, but if a Muslim give such a statement then there can be some doubt about it.

B- "This surprises me, because even when we meet a new friend at the café for tea, we find it natural to say : "So, tell me about yourself". Why is it, then, that we do not think to have the same curiosity about the 'spiritual' history of the other? ."

----- As for me, I was always curious about the others beliefs , and not only about the Jews or the Christians , but also about the Hindus and the Buddhists, and I did my work in finding the truth about them by going to their own books, and not by listening to the opinions of the Muslims, and also about the old Indians tribes beliefs, in North America {which I do really admire their ways of practicing their beliefs as part of the nature of things}, as you know there are no holy books for them, but what they believe in , form respecting the nature, to protect it is the right way and it is by far a better way from those who had written books but they do not care about the world, but they do care only about the church and the mosque and the temple and its people.

Indie Anna, You are trying to defend the Christianity, the churches because you love them so much, but did you ever try to deffend Jesus from what the churches and the other people done from harm to Him and to His message?.
How can you accept the trinity and that Jesus is God from the Romans, and refuse to accept Jesus true words "NO ONEIS GOOD EXCEPT GOD ALONE. And what about the God commandments, "YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER gods BEFORE ME".

MY QUESTION TO YOU:
1- DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS GOD AND A PART (PERSON) OF GOD?
2- DID JESUS SAY THAT HE IS GOD? AND WHERE IT IS WRITTEN.
3- DID JESUS AND GOD THEY DID NOT TELL US THE TRUTH?.

God bless you. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 02/22/08 10:40

Red,
Please accept my apology : I am about to express on this, YOUR 'Discovery Channel Page', my irritation with Sam.

Sam.
Dear Sir :
My parents taught me that when I sit down at a place where people are talking about one subject, it is bad manners to take over the conversation with a subject completely different.

I was talking, on this page, with Red.
Red and I were talking about the Discovery Channel airing of the documentary, 'The Lost Tomb'.

You took over Red's page.
You decided you would engage me, on Red's page, in a conversation I was having with you on another page.
I pasted your post on the page where you an I normally exchange.
You choose to come back to Red's page.
You choose to scold me here, on Red's page, for takinf your and my discussion off this page.
You choose to make a public display, in front of everyone, of your continued insistance on controlling an exchange.
You choose to continue to in a mode of communication which can only be defined as proselytist.
You choose to ignore my repeated invitations to you to simply chare why your faith is something that is important to your heart.
You choose to remain in a mode of communication that is a mode of challenging.
You choose to remain in a mode of communication that is confrontational.
You come across as pushy.
You come across as aggressive.
You come across as opinionated.
You come across as rigid.
You come across as arogant.

Because you are older than I, because of the respect I tried to show you,
I simply selected with my mouse and copied your post; I went back to the page where you and I normally exchange; I pasted your post there.
I was willing to continue the conversation there.

You choose to confront.
You choose to be what I think is impolite.
Deciding to post what you did below, in my opinion, is in poor taste.

I feel you have diminished the spirit of our exchange.
Sir, your 70 years on this planet and your travels mean you have a wider range of experience and more wisdom than I to share. The Lebanese culture is one of gentleness and great knowledge. I wish to learn from you. I wish to listen to you.
I do not wish to be preached to.
I do not wish to be proselytized.

If you do not intend to communicate in any mode other than a confrontational, proselytist mode, then your and my exchange is over.

Godde bless you.

Indie

Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 02/23/08 9:02
Correction of 1 word.

The word 'below' (in previous post) should read 'above'.

Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 02/23/08 10:05

The term 's t o r y' :

Dear Sam, in using the term 'story' in refering to Islam, you misunderstand. I could have said 'Nazarene story'; I could have said 'The World War 2 story'. The term 'story', in the sense I mean it, is to be understood as 'events'.

When I say 'The Saudi story', understand 'events of the 7th century CE.

When I use the term 'story' I do not mean 'not historical'.

I wish I could speak to you in your first language.
Apologies for my ignorance of languages.
Thank you for your expression of complexe thought in a language that is not your first language.

In fact, I wish to say to all members of this forum who do not have English as a first language that I admire your ability to communicate as well as you do in the 'lingua franca' of modern times.

May we all remember that communicating in a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language is not easy for many of us. English is my 2nd written language, so even I, on occasion, will not write what I mean to write.

May we all show tolerance and consideration for forum participants who write imperfectly, but who write precious words nevertheless.

Indie

Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 02/23/08 10:22
Did NOT air in Quebec!

Sam, as for 'The Lost Tomb' airing on Discovery Channel in the US only :

I am correct. The documentary still has not aired on Discovery Channed here in Quebec. We have Discovery Channel here, but, some programs are not aired here. I programmed my DVD recorder to tape 'The Lost Tomb'. I programmed my DVD recorder correctly. What I ended up with was another Discovery Channel program. I did not make a mistake and program the wrong channel. The program I have says 'Discovery Channel'. The time and date I programmed it corresponds to the announced airing, which, as you say, was announced on many different channels, including CNN's Larry King Live, when Larry King interviewed James Cameron and Simcha Jacabovici a few days before the airing. I watched the first minutes of Larry King that day; I quickly programmed the DVD recorder.

When I got around, several months later, to watching what I has taped, I had some nice Discovery Channel program on wolves or some such thing.

So, don't tell me the program aired in Quebec, when you do not even live here, and do not know what aired here or not.
You live in a part of North America that does not filter American cultural content on TV. I live in a part of North America that strongly filters American cultural products. Even though Cameron and Jacobovici both grew up in Canada, and even though they benefited from Canadian dollars for the production of the documentary, the showing of their documentary was mainly a US event. As such, Quebec, where I live, and where there is filtering of US commercials and programming, we, in Quebec, did not get to see, along with the rest of North America, 'The Lost Tomb', on the date and at the time announced.

When I called Discovery Channel, because I live in Canada, they referred me to a number for Discovery Channel in Toronto. When I called, the lady said that Discovery Channel USA does not air the exact same programs as Discovery Channel in Quebec.

So don't tell me to 'Wake Up'!!!

Indie

Name: sam  •  Date: 02/23/08 14:57
A: dear Indie Anna,

I AM VERY SORRY for my remark. Please accept my apology, and FORGIVE ME.
I been mislead by the add that came from the vision channel, when they mentioned that the tomb program will be aired in the USA, CANADA , ENGLAND etc., , and I believed that they meant all the US & all Canada, because the fact that Quebec is a part of Canada, and Alaska is a part of the US.
My nephew in Edmonton watched this program and we had a lenghty discussion about it, and that is what make me believe that the program been aired all around the country, and I was wrong because I was mislead, and that is an example for how easy to mislead the people. I totally trusted the words of the Vision channel, and that is a mistake.

Q- 64:14 .....But if you pardon and overlook and FORGIVE , then indeed, God is Forgiving and Merciful.

God bless you. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 03/06/08 12:37

Thursday, March 6th, 2008

Dear Sam,

I am enjoying a couple of days off from my project.

I hope you are well and that the winter is not too difficult. We just had snow, freezing rain and wind. But now, at this early hour of 7 a.m., the sun is rising and the winds are calm. It's "only" minus 11 C.

When last we spoke, I believe our tempers flared.
I think lack of sunshine is partly responsible.
The days are getting longer, and soon the mercury will rise a bit in the thermometres outside. Even the Irish Occidental type that I am needs a bit of light. And I'm sure that the Oriental Mediterranean type that you are is accustomed to a lot of sunshine.

When I watched the recent George Clouney movie (nice Irishman), about corporate corruption, I was reminded of his other recent movie, Syriana.
Have you seen this movie?
I think you would like it.

I also re-watched a movie in French, "Le Grand Voyage", about an older Muslim man living in France, who makes his son drive him, on country roads (not highways), to Saudi Arabia, on his pilgrimage. It is about the need of the father to just spend time with his son, away from cell phones & big cities life. It is a beautiful movie.

When I was little, my Dad rented a small lot on a lake. He would fix motors and make my brothers and me help him. As we worked, away from TV, radio, electricity even, city lights, we learned what it means to connect with our father, as every child needs to connect with its father.

I think that when I was in the Middle East, walking out at night, in the desert, to the bus, where the guide and the Palestinian bus-driver had their tea, under the stars, to sit and listen to them chit-chat about the events that day in the Olympic competitions, try to catch a word or two of Arabic, it was my way of trying to connect with Palestinian fathers, and how they relate to the younger generation.

They always welcomed me, told me jokes, told me what they knew of the Bible, their different view of it... The calm at the end of the day, after being in archaeological dust all day, was a welcome change.

There was a time when Occidental culture was able to make its feable attempts to understand the culture of Arabia, and the epic film, Lawrence of Arabia is a trace of that.

I heard on TV the other day, that Antonio Banderas is doing a movie with Omar Sharif. Sharif lives in Paris I believe. But, there was a time when every North American new his face well, because of the film Doctor Shivago (sp?).

I don't know what the new movie is about. I am curious to know.
Any occasion with the potential for eastern and western cultures to meet and take down some of the walls built up over the centuries, is a good thing, I think.

You rightly identify that I am not able to truly put myself in the shoes of an Oriental Mediterranean. It is a slow learning process. Deconstructing artificial cultural constructs, erected by Church and State, is a process.

But, just like the Talpiot Tomb, the search is a slow, gradual process.
The point though, is that I am curious about your way of thinking.
I am grateful to be able to share with you my father's "forest culture", braided as it is with Irish, Native Indian, Scottish and French influences.

I hope you are as interested in my history as I am in yours.

The weeks before Easter are a time of repentence and forgiveness.
I think we are each open to the gentleness and humility of repentence and forgiveness. Let us look to the blue of the March sky and wait for spring, and a new season, and the miracle of friendship and exchange.

Godde bless you and your family.

Indie

Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 03/07/08 2:41
A:
Name: sam  •  Date: 03/09/08 0:25
A: Dear Indie Anna,

Thank you. Thanks God, I am feeling OK and well. It is freezzzing here too and we receive many snow storms this winter, it beeeen snowing for the last 24 hour. We are stuck at home {old couple} that is one reason and the other is my new car which I am afraid to get it dirty so soon.
My car lease for five years ended , and I took new lease for 2008 Hyundai -Elantra. This is my third car from this company and their cars are really good, and so their service.
By the way, the new car has front heated seat, which is good for my dear wife because she gets cold even before the winter arrives, and she put the heat to the maximum to get herself warm and to make me toasted !.

"I hope you are as interested in my history as I am in yours."

Of course I am very interested to know the history of all my friends, and to know about the place they live in [their people and town & country] and to know that they are doing good in their lives, and when you mention your work and the project, I do pray for your success.

Me and my wife, we are strange people, because we keep praying for people. When a plane pass , we ask God to look after them and bring them home safe, and we do the same for the firefighters and the police and for our friendswhen we think of them.

About, "George Clouney movie (nice Irishman), and the Syriana movie"
I went to seek the help of my wife, she got better memory than me specially in remembering names. She said NO, those movies are new [in theatres or for rent] and she started telling me the movies which we watched for him and the other great actors, and she said "those are today's John Wayne, and ...."
I will check the library for these movies.
By the way, few months back we get from the library two movies , "god must be crazy" & "god must be crazy 2". The name for some can be offensive, but in fact they tell very nice and funny story, about the Bushmen people who live in the west African desert and their dealing with each other as close group to survive, and how they do respect even the animal that they need for food. A bottle of COKA COLA thrown from a plane changed the harmony of their life and brought bad lack to them, and one of them has to go to the end of the earth to get rid of the bottle, It is a beautiful adventure for the one who get in toutch with the civilization.

God bless you. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 03/09/08 17:24
A: Hi Sam,
I found a good way to keep warm which is also closer to the skin and might save on the heating bill is to wear silk thermal long johns which you can buy from a company on-line called Campmor.There are other companies,too. It helps to layer clothing but silk has a natural way of regulating temperature. from the skin We had our share of really nasty weather but I think Spring is going to stick around. My daffodills etc will bloom in a week,just in time for an early Easter. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD