Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Christians and Alcohol (Selected Scriptures) John MacArthur
Hello, guest
Name: sam  •  Title: Christians and Alcohol (Selected Scriptures) John MacArthur  •  Date posted: 10/15/12 22:11
Q: Christians and Alcohol (Selected Scriptures) John MacArthur

This site is a good informative video on youtube.

John MacArthur in bringing this subject he really gave a good idea not only about the 'Alcohol' but about many other religions , and the Greeks and the Romans religions among them.

To my surprise, I can fee the similarities bewtween all those old religions and the Christian religion.

I will watch this video again and bring my findings in my next post. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: sam  •  Date: 10/20/12 16:03
A: Alcohol [wine] in the Bible:
The video I mentioned above is an excellent one, and I watched it twice.
It brings a good historical information a bout ‘WINE’ ,and the use of it as a part of religious services in most of the ancient religions, as the Greeks, the Romans and many others. Also , more or less in Judaism and Christianity.

Searching in the K J V [Bible in basic English- Genesis to Revelation], the word “WINE” came 271 times, [from Genesis to Revelation]. Here are few:
Gen.27:28 May God give you the dew of heaven, and the good things of the earth, and grain and wine in full measure.
Gen. 44:5 Is not this the cup from which my lord takes wine and by which he gets knowledge of the future?

And the Lord said to Moses:
Num. 6:3 He is to keep himself from wine and strong drink, and take no mixed wine or strong drink or any drink made from grapes, or any grapes, green or dry.

Jud. 9:13 But the vine said to them, Am I to give up my wine, which makes glad God and men, to go waving over the trees?

Luke 5:39 And no man having had old wine, has any desire for new, for he says, The old is better.

Rom. 14:21 It is better not to take meat or wine or to do anything which might be a cause of trouble to your brother.

Eph. 5:18 And do not take overmuch wine by which one may be overcome, but be full of the Spirit.

From the first one “Dew of heaven...” in witch give the idea that ‘wine’ is a gift from God to His people, and they should drink it if they want to get knowledge about the future [as God did] !, and the last one tells people “Not to take overmuch...”of the wine, but it did not tell how much is overmuch !.

The 271 verses from the Bible about ‘WINE’ holds a lot of contradictions and it is hard to believe these words/laws came from a God who knows His people and understand the effect of the wine/alcohol on their mind !.

While the Bible did not understand the problems, and the bad effects of alcohol on it is users, and the consequences which can be harmful not only to the one who drink it but to their families and to society in general.
The Bible creates a problems, and did not brings laws to solve them.
Not much of it, they claim is good, but how much is that ‘not much’?.

“In USA, Binge drinking, it increase chances for vandalism, fights, violent behaviors, injuries, deaths, social, economic, or legal consequences to occur. Also associated with Neurocognitive deficits on frontal lobe processing and impaired working memory...”

With all the bad things which comes from drinking wine/alcohol, God came with the right law, in His last message, which forbid the use of wine/alcohol and anything might do harm to the people.
In the Quran, that was mentioned 6 times, and here is one:

Q- 90/91 O you who have believed, Indeed, intoxicants, gambling, sacrificing on stone alters [to other than God], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful.- Satan only wants to cause between you animosity and hatred through intoxicants and gambling and to avert you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayers. So will you not desist?.

Alcoholism and gambling are major problems at all times, but the problems were increased year after year by the introduction of the many inventions from machineries, cars, planes and the others which the use of wine might be dangerous and fatal to the people who use them, and only Islam brought the right laws to save the people from such dangers.

Please check the internet , and see the effect of alcohol/gambling on societies [75000 death in one year in the USA alone related to drinking/driving, not mentioning the many others] 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD