Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Before Abraham (A'Braham) She Was
Hello, guest
Name: Judith  •  Title: Before Abraham (A'Braham) She Was  •  Date posted: 06/23/08 16:43
Q: Before Abraham was Sargon and before Sargon was the King of Sumer, called Ur-Zababa of Kish south of present day Baghdad.

Before Abraham, was :
The Priestess Enheduanna and as far as we know the very first person to write poetry, She is Sargon's Daughter . Sargon was once in control of Nothern Mesopotimia and had ships docked in the Persiah Gulf at many ports.

Enheduanna wrote about the Goddess Inanna (Lady with the Largest Heart ) She was before Abrahams time

Before Abraham ( or A' Brahman ) around 1,700 BC
Was :
1. Utu = The Sun God

Assurbanipal
A prophecy of Istar (who is also Inanna) to the crown prince Assurbanipal
" I will carry you on my hip like a nures, I will put you between my breasts ( like ) pomegranate. At night I wil stay awake and guard you : in the daytime I wil give you milk..."

She is the Mother Goddess of Assurbanipal, who is Assyrain. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Sassy  •  Date: 06/24/08 2:55
A: Unfortunately for Enheduana, after her father died, her twin brothers took turns on the throne followed by her brute nephew who kicked her out and had his own daughter as high priestess. Enheduana continued to write though, and came up with this after being booted out of her official priestess position:

"(Me) who once sat triumphant, he has driven out of the sanctuary.
Like a swallow he made me fly from the window,
My life is consumed.
He stripped me of the crown appropriate for the high priesthood.
He gave me dagger and sword - 'it becomes you,' he said to me." 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 06/24/08 14:55
A: Thank you Sassy
I was not aware of that, and it's most interesting. Was the sister as much a writer and poet also? 
Name: Sassy  •  Date: 06/25/08 8:06
A: You're welcome Judith. :-)

I wasn't aware she had a sister? Least I can't recall offhand reading about a sister of Enheduana/Enheduanna (I've seen it spelled both ways.

Though these were times women were mentioned rarely, if at all as so-called 'written history' goes- so a woman would have to really 'stand out' to get noticed/written about, and/or to do her own writing or other artistic endeavor.

I will do a bit'a research tho'; ck some of my sources -books I have, women's history sites, and the like. I'll see what I can dig up... 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 06/25/08 8:14
A: Hello Sassy
Sorry about that It was a mistake . I meant her nephews, daughter.
Sounds like you did a good deal of searching about Enheduana already. I found it fascinating to see what all she had done. Just the record keeping alone must have been a massive job. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 07/04/08 18:34
A: Thank you for this information.i'm going to look it up further.i always wondered who the 1st human poet was.I would have thought that it would have been someone living in Lemuria before they migrated to the Middle East. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD