Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Are these guys going to claim they have found Moses next
Hello, guest
Name: tony34  •  Title: Are these guys going to claim they have found Moses next  •  Date posted: 03/06/07 2:29
Q: I found something very suspicious while watching last nights program. One of the guys on the show (not the main guy) in an earlier program a couple months ago claimed he had found John the Baptists baptismal cave.

I think you can bring these guys into question with just that right there without even having to worry about bringing anything else into the discussion.

I also kind of wonder if the reason the show isn't being rebroadcasted tonight (like it was supposed to) indicates how bad the feedback has been. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Red  •  Date: 03/06/07 3:54
A: These guys didnt find the tomb. Some jewish guys on a bulldozer did. Other Jewish guys came and documented what was in the Jewish tomb, and gave the bones a jewish burial because they were jewish people.

These same jewish people have over the course of years of municipal modernization, have documented all kinds of other jewish people buried in jewish tombs . Including cephas, the jewish high priest who didnt like jesus , a jewish rabbi, and had him killed by death.

The jewish people find all kind of old Jewish tombs all the time. we dont here much about the finds because we are not jewish. 
Name: tony34  •  Date: 03/06/07 4:14
A: Yes but because of the fact that just a couple months ago these individuals were doing a program about John the Baptist (which the critics ripped to shreds as well) and now they are doing a show about the tomb of Jesus kind of brings into question the legitimacy of these guys.

I think these filmmakers are just out to get some attention. 
Name: OpenMinded  •  Date: 03/06/07 4:19
A: "I think you can bring these guys into question with just that right there without even having to worry about bringing anything else into the discussion. "

OK, then state your case. I don't see any revelance here. Please use your great knowledge and enlighten us all. 
Name: Red  •  Date: 03/06/07 4:25
A: To be honest, I have not heard about them claiming a cave find. 
Name: tony34  •  Date: 03/06/07 4:42
A: A couple months ago I saw a program on the history channel (I believe it was) about people claiming to have possibly found John the Baptists baptismal cave. And the guys in this show yesterday were the same ones in the John the Baptist program. 
Name: tony34  •  Date: 03/06/07 4:49
A: Here is the address to the site.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_-releases/2006-03/uonc-ndp033106.ph-p- 
Name: Inner Spirit  •  Date: 03/20/07 6:48
A: Didn't you see the documentary before the "lost tomb" it was about Noah. It was so cool! I loved it and it made perfect sense.

It described very logically all the details that have been stated in the Christian religion and compared them to other relighions then talked about the realistic factor. For instance if Noah were to collect 2 of every animal it would have taken him x number of years loading the animals every minute to complete the task. It described in one religious text that he was to take 2 of every animal from his region- which is much more practical.

Then it discussed how even if the water under the earths core were to come above it would not be enough to flood the entire earth and there are no water lines to indicate such a flood, but we can determine that a regional flood to his area occurred. It discussed a great deal, but concluded that Noah was rich, owned a boat that he used to take beer and other possessions from port to port (he was a high up trader), he got caught on the river in a flood was gone for a week and when he got back people were angry becuase they drank the beer because the water had salt in it, since they were washed into salt water and so because he owned people money the ran away and went to some other island further south. It made so much sense! 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/06/07 19:45
A: Yes they already have.It was reported in the National Inquirer. 
Name: sage  •  Date: 04/07/07 5:24
A: The national enquirer?!?

LOL

I'm sorry, but what the heck is a baptismal cave? I've never heard of one before. And I've also never heard of this finding before, which doesn't mean much considering I don't watch much TV aka brain drain. 
Name: betty47  •  Date: 04/09/07 12:33
A: Well you could read Biblical Archaeology Today because the John the Baptist cave was documented there with a very interesting article and beautiful photos. More can be found at http://www.bib-arch.org. Many of the scholars on both sides of the issue have written extensively in this magazine.

You also have not been reading the absolutely fascinating blog at
http://jesusdynasty.com/blog/ which is also by Dr. Tabor, which someone from this site kindly pointed out to me.

Now to answer the question, who could they find next...how about St. Peter? And guess what? He was found in Jerusalem in 1953, and he was found near Lazarus whom Jesus raised from the dead. St. Peter is not buried in Rome and the Pope knows about it, but asked to keep it that quiet too. You can find more about this also on Dr. Tabor's blog. They have found a lot of biblical characters so why is it so hard to believe they have found Jesus?

Anyway, my thanks to Dr. Tabor for his incredibly great work. I hope he keeps it up. 
Name: light  •  Date: 04/17/07 19:18
A: That's ridiculous. That's like if U.S. historians years from now found the declaration of independence and then someone said, Oh, please! What are they going to find next? The constitution? The "white house"?

Ummm. Yeah. Why not?

If you believe these people were real, why shouldn't they find evidence of them? 
Name: Massimo  •  Date: 10/04/07 22:58
A: The simple fact that this entire affair was handled by movie producers and documentary film artists without the benefit of a legitimate archeological and anthropological investigation throws a shadow of suspicion on the whole thing. Why were the alleged bones of "Jesus son of Joseph" not examined by a forensic anthropologist to determine if there was trauma to the bones due to nails? Why were the remains not examined for broken bones and other evidence?
This is nothing more than sensationalism;pure and simple.

Also, it is interesting that this "documentary" came prior to the advent of the DaVinci Code. Do you think Cameron was doing a little underhanded promotion of the book for a kickback? 
Name: deeu  •  Date: 10/06/07 23:10
A: Why not find Jesus family tomb...why not find Moses...why not find any biblical individual? Do you question the artifacts discovered in Egypt? Do you question which mummies are or are not pharoh's? All the archeology going on in this world at this moment, the building the new over the old....naturally there are going to be new discoveries and often. I'm just wondering how deep your skepticism runs? History is found ALL over the world...Inca's, Mayans, China, and on and on and on. What is it you are really questioning? The notion that historical individuals can be found centuries after death...or whether or not Jesus/Moses ever really existed?

I watched that show about John the Baptist that you speak of. I don't know for certain whether or not that is the actual John the Baptist cave. What I do cherish is the fact that it is from that era, and to think of the possibility that John the Baptist MAY have performed baptisms there is amazing. Whether he did or not, that is beside the question for me...what I love is environment...seeing what the people from that time saw! That alone was worth watching each and every second of that program! 
Name: Anchorite  •  Date: 02/02/08 1:52
A: Excellent instincts. 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 11/06/09 5:53
A: .

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009/10/-01/tech-biology-hominid-fossil-ardi.html

Ardi- is a 1 000 000 years older than Lucy.

She was a forest walker who could climb a tree.
But she walked upright.
My apologies to the Creationists.
You were right.

We don't descend from the Chimp after all.

Ardi seems to be the newest oldest link in our chain of
evolution.

Indie

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD