The Da Vinci Code: Holy Grail
According to the Da Vinci Code, the secret of the Holy Grail can be defined as follows:
- It is not the chalice from Jesus’ Last Supper, but rather Mary Magdalene herself, who carried Jesus’ bloodline.
- Grail relics are in actuality all of the documents lending credence to the bloodline, as well as the actual bones of Mary Magdalene.
- These relics were hidden by the Priory of Sion in a secret crypt beneath the Rosslyn Chapel.
- The Church covered up the truth about the Grail, and the Jesus bloodline for 2,000 years, mainly out of a fear that the power of the sacred feminine would challenge the supremacy of Simon Peter as an apostle.
- Mary Magdalene was of royal descent (through the Jewish House of Benjamin) and was the wife of Jesus, of the House of David, and was not a prostitute, as the Church had asserted. She was pregnant during the Crucifixion, and afterwards fled to Gaul, where she was sheltered by the Jews of Marseille. She gave birth to a daughter named Sarah. The bloodline of Jesus and Mary Magdalene became the Merovingian dynasty of France. According to Teabing,
[I]t was not Mary Magdalene's royal blood that concerned the Church so much as it was her consorting with Christ, who also had royal blood…the Book of Matthew tells us that Jesus was of the House of David. A descendant of King Solomon –King of the Jews. By marrying into the powerful House of Benjamin, Jesus fused two royal bloodlines, creating a potent political union with the potential of making a legitimate claim to the throne and restoring the line of kings as it was under Solomon.
- The existence of this bloodline was the secret contained in the documents discovered by the Crusaders after they conquered Jerusalem in 1099. The Priory of Sion and the Knights Templar were organized to keep this secret.
Indeed, Brown’s supposed conspiracy theory actually follows the same one adhered to by followers of esotericism, which also affirms that Mary was actually Jesus’ wife, with whom he had children. Whether or not Jesus died on the cross is not certain, they say, but it is true that Mary Magdalene fled for France, fearing persecution by the Romans. There, her children – legal heirs to the House of Judah – became Kings in France and Briton.
The Holy Grail, the esoteric doctrine affirms, is also comprised of documents and gospels that reveal Jesus and Mary’s union and offspring, and were suppressed by the Church after the Council of Nicea. More specifically, the misogynist Church sought to suppress Mary’s image, and spent centuries scandalizing and demonizing her until she was normalized as the prostitute and sinner espoused today. Fortunately, however, certain documents were recovered, and later re-discovered by the Knights Templar, who have since kept them hidden.