Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Jesus a husband or father? » The love of a daddy and the love of a husband
Hello, guest
Name: guitarman001  •  Title: The love of a daddy and the love of a husband  •  Date posted: 03/08/07 2:10
Q: In my mind, jesus had to be the prime example of love. It makes perfectly sens that he might have been a father and a husband. Now why can't he be a husband and a father?

Secondly how can church preach so much about love to followers if they are not maried or are father for themselves.
The whole "family couples and kids" thing is the center of life in my opinion. Why can't jesus be that example? 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Pat  •  Date: 03/08/07 19:26
A: To most Christians Jesus is without sin and is equated to God and Sainthood.
Sex is equated with sin and being dirty unless for procreation.
Christians cannot equate that Jesus could be God or a Saint and that he could of enjoyed sex too, a wife many orgasms and children while being on earth if that was the case.
Genitals to them are still considered dirty. And they probably still tell their children if you masturbate you will either go to hell or go blind.
The tough of a Jesus having intercourse revolts them. 
Name: lightwoman  •  Date: 03/08/07 22:03
A: Pat, to equate sex with sin and being dirty is a HUMAN PERCEPTION - it's a belief that has been taught from the middle ages (and started with Church fathers - after Jesus's crucifixion - such as Augustine who had problems with their own sexuality and therefore advocated celibacy) and has been ingrained in us (generally speaking) down through the centuries. It doesn't make it true - especially from a spiritual point of view! One has to rise in consciousness to sense Truth from the higher, Spirit-Self, not the lower self/human ego.

God created us in both sexes, meant for us to have mates and enjoy sharing Love with each other, and ideally children are created from this sacred union. God IS LOVE. God created sex, but humans have perverted it into something dirty, to be shunned, not part spirituality, because they fail to transcend the lower, human/animal self and rise into higher consciousness where Spirit resides.

But while we are in our human bodies, spirituality requires a balance between Spirit and physical. To be completely in the spiritual realm (i.e., asceticism or celibacy) denies the physical, and voila, you have sexual repression which leads to things like priests committing pedophilia. And obviously, to be obsessed completely with the physcial (hedonism) denies the spiritual, and that's not healthy either. Balance includes healthy attention to Spirit as well as healthy attention to the physical, including sex. It's one's approach to sex that makes it healthy/balanced or unhealthy/unbalanced - one can approach it from the human/lower self and make it dirty and soulless (how many people PERCEIVE sex), or one can approach it from the higher Self giving/sharing unconditional Love.

If you believe Jesus is God and came to live among us as a human being, in the flesh to understand completely what it means to be human, why is it so difficult to comprehend that he could have been married, had sex - in a Loving, healthy, balanced union - and fathered children?? It would make him even that much more human as well as divine - a complete, real human being and God. If Jesus made love (and I'm sure at some point in his life, he did! What about all those missing years between 12 and 30 before he began his ministry? He could have married and raised a family before God called him to his ministry), he would have approached it from his higher God-Self, and I (as my higher spirit-Self) have no doubt it would have been a beautiful, loving act/union. I don't know for a fact whether he did or not, but I know He wouldn't have approached it from any other perspective. That's the way I see it.

Even Jesus understood the middle road - a healthy balance - was better than the extremes of asceticism or hedonism. He enjoyed life - the bridegroom at his wedding feast - so much so he said was accused by righteous, hypocritical types of being "a winebibber and a glutton." (Obviously he was not an ascetic like John the Baptist, but Jesus knew balance in life, which brings joy and peace.) Why wouldn't God as man embrace life joyfully, in every way, in the world HE CREATED??? IMHO, fundamentalist Christians should take another look at themselves and take care before they judge and accuse lest they fall into the very same category of those who accused Jesus of being a winebibber and glutton....

Sex is only "dirty" and "sinful" if you choose to perceive it that way, and if the intent (approach) to sex comes from the lower, carnal, ego self. One must ask, where am I coming from, my lower self/ego or my higher-Self/Spirit? Reality check time.

The scriptures don't say one way or the other whether Jesus was married or had children. It could be his marital/fatherhood status was never written into the Gospels simply because it was irrelevant to his teachings/mission! (You have to realize, at the time, Jesus and his followers, including Paul, believed the Kingdom of God was imminent, coming very soon, so that was why it was advised if single, to remain single, or if married, to remain married/not divorce - they believed time was running out, so don't complicate matters.) Or mentions of Jesus' marital/fatherhood status were edited out later because it clashed with later Church dogma regarding celibacy (but that's another long post, so I'll leave it at that for now.)

I suggest you go within to find the answers from Spirit rather than just blindly quoting scriptures or regurgitating what you've been taught to believe from your parents, cultural environment, and Church. All those external sources are there as guides, but they are not the be all and end all. Spirit has all the answers, and your true nature is Spirit. The answers, as well as the Kingdom, are within you.

Blessings, Love and Light to you on your journey. 
Name: Pat  •  Date: 03/09/07 13:36
A: Very well put lightwoman 
Name: guitarman001  •  Date: 03/10/07 18:42
A: I second that Pat.
I am glad to read this. Very well lightwoman. I am not very good at expressing my thought but essentially that is what I think to. Well said! 
Name: dahkdg  •  Date: 03/16/07 18:24
A: I agree. How would Jesus have taught about love if he had never experienced it firsthand. I thought I'd been in love a few times, until I met my husband and had my two children. I had no clue. I would kill for my family, and I would most definitly die to keep them safe. I think most parents would say the same.

My husband is military. Whether you believe we should be over there or not is a moot point. He puts his butt on the line with every deployment to Iraq he takes. As a young Airmen, he did it because it was his job. Now, as a husband and a father, he does it because he wants us to have better. He's willing to sacrifce everything to make sure that our children are free to choose. I imagine that there is no greater motivator for sacrifice than your family.... and yet we've stripped Jesus of not only his manhood, but also of one of the greatest loves that can exist.

I think you're right lightwoman.... it bothers me that something that can be so beautiful and natural between two people is treated as if it were a virus. That it would make Jesus less because he did what is natural for a man in his position and time.... or any time for that matter. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD