Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Da Vinci Code » The book is FICTION people!
Hello, guest
Name: hbic3  •  Title: The book is FICTION people!  •  Date posted: 03/10/07 15:30
Q: That's not just my opinion, it's fact. It's a murder mystery. All one has to do is read the first few pages to figure that out.
Dan Brown never made any claims that this book was non-fiction. He may be of the opinion that some or all of the fictionaly theory put forth as the plot of the book might have some validity, but that doesn't make the book anything other than a fictional murder mystery. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Ouroboros  •  Date: 03/11/07 3:02
A: THANK YOU !

Its insulting that it is even a part of this site, which is a part of a possibly earth shattering discovery. 
Name: jsm  •  Date: 03/12/07 5:30
A: hbic3,

"All one has to do is read the first few pages to figure that out."

If you can make it that far... 
Name: joe joe  •  Date: 03/15/07 5:38
A: The book is based on facts! 
Name: Wait_U_Lost_Me  •  Date: 03/20/07 16:41
A: Let me first say I do not consider myself belonging to any 1 religion and neither am I a scholar or academic on religion. Having said that, after I read DVC, I was truly amazed; Could all this possibly have any true basis? I found myself really wanting to believe it. However, after only a little research, I found that I had been let down. I bought and read the book knowing it was only a novel (fiction), but as you open the book to start reading you will find a page that is right after his Acknowledgments titled FACT in bold capital letters. It goes on to say that the Priory of Sion is a real organization as is Opus Dei. It also says that, "All descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals in this novel are accurate." Did you catch that?--It said accurate! So in answer to your question--Dan Brown wrote and published his book as a work of fiction but boldly goes on to state to the reader that some of what he writes about is accurate. Therein lies the controversy. In my opinion, not much, if any of the story is accurate. Any reader can do just a little research and dispute what Brown says is accurate.That though is left up to the reader. If you decide to take it at face value, then I can see how people would believe it all. Furthermore, to say that the book is based on fact is very misleading. It is based largely on theories by other authors who, by the way, not many if at all any other scholars even believe. A theory is just that and nothing more. Not fact. So, having said all this, I truly enjoyed DVC and would recommend it to anyone, purely as a work of fiction. 
Name: nickbrec  •  Date: 04/02/07 1:58
A: I think the whole discussion can be wrapped up with the folowing statement:

I don't care if Jesus was the son of God, or if he was just a human inspired BY God... It matters not if he has a blood line reaching into the modern age.

What matters most, is that regardless of who and what Jesus was... is that we correctly interpret his message and teachings and use them to make our lives better and more faithfully to the love of God. Religion comes ultimately from God himself (or herself), and I think an over importance is placed on literal interpretation and not the IDEAS behind thigns...

Thank you,

Nick 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/05/07 16:44
A: Well I'm a writer and I like to play "make-believe" sometimes.That's were fiction comes from one's imagination inspired by a thought. then brought to life in written word. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD