Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » THE QURAN analyzed BY AN ATHEIST
Hello, guest
Name: sam  •  Title: THE QURAN analyzed BY AN ATHEIST  •  Date posted: 08/01/13 16:32
Q: Prof. Jeff Lang.

V V K.
On “YOU TUBE” I find good answers for your many questions about the Quran, and here is the site:

The purpose of life by Revert to Islam Prof Lang.

In this video Prof. Jeff Lang gave a very clear picture to his life as a Christian/catholic at an early age, to became an atheist at the age of 16 and the many years after that until he became a Prof. At San Francisco Univ. When he came to read the Quran for the first time.
Prof. Lang did not jump throughout the pages, but he read every sentence, one after another, and he gave his own opinion on what he read , and may not agree with what he read to what one phrase it said, but reading what came after will give the full meaning which he came to accepts.
Anyhow, Prof. Lang at the end summarized his opinion about the Quran as follow:

“ Revealed to make things clear.”
- Knowledge appears 854 times.
- Insight 16 times.
- Reason/reasoning 14 times. - Perhaps you will use the reason 8 times.
- What do you think 18 times - Have you considered this or that 13 times - Did you suppose 7 times.
{The Quran ask questions , and giving the people the freedom to answer}
- Signs for those who are wise 21 times.
In my last post I mentioned that to understand the meanings of the Quran it is preferred to seek the help of the non-Muslim who studied the Quran and analyze every word and every sentence to find in it the truth and accepted it as it is the words of God, and I think Prof. Lang will be a good help, and of course there are many others from all background.

I do not know how you read/study the Quran, but I think that you went throughout the pages of this book and the many others looking for something to criticize, and jumping from one article to another trying TO PROVE YOUR OWN OPINION WHICH YOU ALREADY MADE EVEN BEFORE READING THE BOOK, and this is the wrong way to study any book, and for sure it is not the honest way. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 05/10/15 14:20
A: .

Sunday May 10th 2015

Good morning Sam.

I was sorry to hear that some health issues were nagging at you. On this Mother's Day, I hope your children are gathered around your wife and that you all spend a day of joy together.

I have been reading up on the event in Texas last Sunday (May 3rd 2015), the "Draw Mohammed" event, which tragically, ended in bloodshed.

I have learned that one of the person's who has been in interviews on tv following this sad event, is a person with a Greek Orthodox background, but also religious studies training. What makes him different from the usual university-trained person in religious studies, is the fact that his grand-parents were Christians from Turkey, who fled Turkey. I believe that his family history informs how he approaches his study of religious studies.

He seems to have some understanding of primitive Christianity and primitive Islam. I am guessing that his point of view will be one that you do not agree with. He seems to have the mind set of an eastern man, he has a similar way of debating, using logic and quotes, which Eastern men are well versed in, but his presentations are from his Greek Orthodox point of view.

He is respectful. He is not sarcastic. He proceeds, using quotes and what he presents as facts.

Dear Sam, knowing that your strength is not what is was, I do not want you to tire yourself with what might be an exhausting effort to explain, from your point of vies, what might be some inaccuracies in his approach. But, to help me understand him better, if you can, without tiring yourself out, do a bit of research, and help me better understand him from your point of view, I would find anything you might say, enlightening.

His name if Robert Spencer.
He has a video he calls introduction of the Koran.
His main objection seems to be that Sharia blasphemy Law should not be imposed on non-Muslims.

I feel that freedom of speech thought should make a distinction between what "can" be said (or drawn) and what "should not" be said (or drawn).

I agree with Haroon Moghul that Whites from the South of the US have the "right" to say the "N-word", or fly the "Confederate Flag" of the US south, but "should" the the "N-word" be uttered, or, "should" the "Confederate Flag" of the US south be flown.

On the other hand, if death is the result of a cartoon, some feel that open provocation is needed to protest the application of blasphemy laws on non-Muslims.

I do not know how widely Muslims believe that Sharia Law must be applied to non-Muslims. Is this a widely held opinion among Muslims?

Again, please do not tire yourself out to answer this.
Even if your take many weeks to respond, do not give up rest to write.

I hope your mother's day Sunday is one of joy.

Take care Sam,

Indie

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD