Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Theological Implications » JESUS BONES IN THE BOX?
Hello, guest
Name: BlessedChildofGod333  •  Title: JESUS BONES IN THE BOX?  •  Date posted: 03/02/07 13:21
Q: A Letter of Caution to the Christian Community

The importance of the Jesus Family Tomb discovery can not be ignored. There are too many DETAILS that have been uncovered that REQUIRE more investigation before any further comments should be made about the bones of Jesus or the son of Jesus.

YOUR COMMENTS SHOULD BE RESTRICTED TO GIVING FACTS ONLY:

"The RE - discovery of the East Talpiot tomb, the one they are calling THE JESUS FAMILY TOMB, needs to be looked into further by experts, scientists and scholars to be evaluated based on it's merits. This information has not been fully investigated yet."

"The movie raises more questions than it answers and this subject will continue to evolve as more evidence is presented for consideration."

"It is important to remember that there has only been 2 ossuaries tested for a DNA connection, for maternity connection only, which was not established. The Bones, which were found both in ossuaries and out of the ossuaries, have not been fully DNA fingerprinted, examined or identified and to comment on this ongoing investigation is foolish."

"To make blanket statements that one ossuary held the remains of Jesus is very dangerous. There is no SCIENTIFIC evidence of ANY IDENTITIES of the remains found in this tomb"

"FAITH REQUIRES NO DNA EVIDENCE, THEREFORE WE WHO HAVE FAITH IN JESUS NEED NOT WAIT FOR DNA EVIDENCE. THE EVIDENCE IS IN OUR HEART"

Now Look, (I say with a heavy sigh) I you don't know me , or my beliefs or anything about me. But Jesus knows me and has been in my heart since age 12. I am a Christian I know the WORD was made flesh and walked upon the Earth, I believe in Every single word of the Bible. I've seen the miracles, I've felt the Love. I know in my heart that Jesus left this world, just as described in the Bible by way of the Ascension.
I know it is real.

BUT.... There are details about this particular tomb which can not be ignored.

Now, again, let me be clear: This tomb discovery does not shake my faith in God the Father or Jesus the Son, being the Savior of the world. Nope not one little, tiny bit.

IN FACT THIS FAMILY TOMB FINDING IS GREAT FOR CHRISTIANITY. IT PROVES THAT THESE PEOPLE EXISTED. MORE EVIDENCE.
That what I like to see........ == FACTS ==
It helps when talking to a science minded non-believer. You can talk their language.

I am not worried about those of us who are deep in our walk with the LORD. No..... I am worried about those who will be deceived into thinking that this tomb diminished Jesus' message. God so Loved the World that He gave his only begotten son so that we may have ever lasting life. (with Him)

I am worried that the SCIENCE of this discovery will be pushed away
out of fear = this will make some new, weak or falling believers question their decision for Christ.

THIS SUBJECT IS NOT GOING TO GO AWAY. You know what is going to happen, the enemy will use this for the destruction of Jesus' credibility.

But take heart, THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR.

I ASK YOU TO WAIT FOR THE FACTS... NOT YET FULLY ESTABLISHED

REMEMBER THE SKULLS

The KEY DETAIL which requires us to reserve our opinion, reminds us that the three skulls were found NOT IN the OSSUARIES when they uncovered the tomb in East Talpiot. These very important skulls are probably not from the first century. The fact that uncovered bones where found within a Jewish tomb by itself is highly suspect.

This does suggest an introduction of human remains after the original tomb closure at the time of Christ.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT FACT = THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

THERE ARE HUMAN REMAINS FOUND IN THE TOMB WHICH ARE NOT CONSIDERED PART OF THE FAMILY AND ARE POSSIBLY FROM 1000 YEARS AFTER CHRIST's DEATH

The skulls needs to be part of your discussion with Believers.

Before DNA material matching is made between the key players in this all important drama - the CHRISTIAN community should reserve judgment and reserve comment.
DO NOT COMMENT ON THE SON JUDAH OSSUARY.
DO NOT COMMENT ON THE JESUS OSSUARY

WAIT ON THE LORD. PRAY FOR DISCERNMENT AND WISDOM.

AS CHRISTIANS YOU NEED TO TALK TO PEOPLE USING FACTS ONLY =
YOU CAN NOT DISMISS THIS DISCOVERY, FOR THE ENEMY WILL USE YOUR IGNORANCE AGAINST YOU.

You need to follow this tomb investigation. Not only that, but you need to make suggestions to the DOCUMENTORS --

Please only educated, intelligent suggestions only.
Be Helpful, = Loving Energy ONLY
Go to the Website: www.jesusfamilytomb.com
post your CONTINUED CHRISTIAN FAITH comments.

POINTS TO TALK ABOUT:

CROSS MATCHING DNA ON ALL KNOWN FAMILY MEMBERS HAS NOT YET BEEN ESTABLISHED -

CURRENTLY:
THERE ARE NO DNA SAMPLES THAT HAVE BEEN FROM THESE OSSUARIES THAT HAVE BEEN POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED TO BE FAMILY MEMBERS OR RELATED TO ONE ANOTHER

Without first taking the DNA sample from Ossuary 80/505 -- “Maria” ,
the MOTHER MARY box and DNA matching it for maternal positive ID
too Ossuary 80/503 "Yeshua bar Yosef” – “Jesus, Son of Joseph” box
then doing the same thing over and over with the reportedly known family
members who where also found in the tomb, CROSS MATCHING MATERNAL AND PATERNAL DNA, will you have a real TRUE foundation to base the claim of Jesus' bones have been found.

KEEP THIS IN MIND:
GOD IS IN CONTROL

All WE have are possibilities until proper identification can be established.
I am very disappointed that the film makers made the statement that the Jesus Ossuary, the Mary Magdalene Ossuary and the Judah Ossuary where : HUSBAND, WIFE AND CHILD =
Based on the placement of the Ossuaries in the Tomb.
CAN WE WAIT FOR SCIENCE PLEASE?

Remind the World that this is speculation and not FACT YET!

There are many possible variables.

For all we know these bones found in the Ossuary 80/503 "Yeshua bar Yosef” – “Jesus, Son of Joseph” could belong to the skulls that were found.

REMEMBER THIS:
THIS MAY BE JESUS' FAMILY MEMBERS
BE RESPECTFUL

EVEN IF THIS IS NOT, BE RESPECTFUL

Jesus would want us to show love in a firm and respectful manner.
Never believe for one minute that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirt have left us!
For They are watching and in full control! AMEN!

I have urged caution to everyone - CHRISTIANS AND NON-CHRISTIANS alike - about making any assumptions about the relationships of these people and their identities until further DNA evidence can be collected from each bone box and hopefully from the bones themselves.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN REMEMBER IS THE SKULLS THAT WERE FOUND IN THE TOMB WITH THE OSSUARIES ARE NOT FROM THE FIRST CENTURY.

THIS IS UNUSUAL AND AGAINST JEWISH TRADITION.

THESE BOXES HAVE BEEN TAMPERED WITH AND POSSIBLY CONTAMINATED WITH THE REMAINS OF OTHERS. THE BONES HAVE NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED, CATEGORIZED OR EVEN EXAMINED PROPERLY.

*****THERE WAS A SHORT COMMENT AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE ABOUT THE FACT THERE WERE MORE THAN ONE HUMAN REMAINS IN AT LEAST ONE OF THESE OSSUARIES.*****

THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED

TALK ABOUT THIS WITH YOUR BELIEVERS.

It is extremely dangerous to say that this is the same JESUS
box and the remains of "THE JESUS OF NAZARETH"
without first taking the DNA sample from Ossuary 80/505 -- “Maria” ,
the MOTHER MARY box and DNA matching it for maternal positive ID
too Ossuary 80/503 "Yeshua bar Yosef” – “Jesus, Son of Joseph”

Now when that information comes to light, then you will have a much
clearer picture of the family connection within the tomb.

This also needs to be done with ALL the ossuaries
and bones (if possible) so that any samples can be preserved,
tested and FULLY DNA IDENTIFIED.

Of course this goes without saying that DNA parental identification
needs to be established with the Ossuary 80/503 "Yeshua bar Yosef”
– “Jesus, Son of Joseph” and the Ossuary 80/500:
“Mariamene e Mara” – “Mariamne, also called Master”
with regard to the possible child
Ossuary 80/501: “Yehuda bar Yeshua” – “Judah, son of Jesus”

The evidence of the Ossuaries are very compelling. Pray that the Holy Spirit bring the truth into your heart and to the heart of the world.

All of this bears more investigation with an open mind. Asking for God in Heaven to give you discernment and wisdom is always a good idea, because He will ALWAYS answer. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Jim  •  Date: 03/06/07 9:07
A: BlessedChildofGod333,

I found your statements and appeals a bit of a paradox: on one hand, you ask for facts, but on the other, you ask us to believe in your argument because you feel Christ within you. How can you expect anyone to believe you if you do not present proof? After all, even the most devoted worshipers of ancient cults felt something from their deities. I am a Christian, but would never use an emotional appeal to sell my viewpoint. Instead, I would defer to secular events and/or documentation proving the existence of Jesus, as well as the scriptures. Such secular proofs are found in the writings of Josephus (a Jewish historian), Roman records, and historical events. One may even refer to other religious compilations, such as the Q’uran and Jewish writings, to prove his existence upon the earth (Islam mentions the lineage of Abraham, Yisa (Jesus), and the “people of the book” in favorable light). Establishing His Messiahship, now that’s the tricky part.

Instead of appealing to your emotional certainty (which is credible as reinforcement to each individual as a “Must have” of faith), one must delve into the biblical accounts and compare them with secular records. For example: common knowledge does not dispute the existence of Christ or the fact that He was crucified by Roman methods. The question to ask at this point is “why?” Obviously, He was seen as a threat to the geopolitical system of Roman rule; but Romans eagerly embraced other gods and religions as part of their culture. In fact, Rome could care less about any religion, as long as it did not interrupt the flow of taxes and order. Because Christianity was actually associated with Judaism, now that presented a problem, for Rome had a constant issue with Jewish rebels.

The fact is that Judaism was the only religion of the day that proclaimed the belief in “One true God,” giving them a credible edge over all polytheistic religions. Leaving the secular and delving into the sacred, with the understanding that Judaism was the only known way to commune with the “One God,” then certain credence must be applied to their writings. This credence comes by way of prophetic fulfillment, such as the proclamation of Daniel about the four successive empires (Babylon, Greece, Medo-Persia, and Rome), which was written decades before the events occurred. From this point, comparing the prophecies concerning the Messiah with the events of the day gives validity to the Christ being born. No other event in history matches so perfectly of the prophetic writings concerning this man. Even astrological calendars pointed towards a major event, where three planets aligned to form a bright “star” in the heavens.

To prove that Christ is who He claimed, one must look again to prophecies. For example, Jesus foretold the destruction of Jerusalem, which happened about 37 years after His death (Mt 24). This event meshes both sacred and secular, proving one another. He also foretold of His church being established that would promote a new and better way (just look at Christianity itself as proof here). In fact, the movement was so powerful that Jews were leaving the synagogues in droves. One must ask why? Christians were becoming the target of Roman sport and no end seemed to be in sight, yet convert they did. If Christianity was a lie, then why the martyrdom of so many that had met and associated with Jesus, if in deed He was a fraud? If His disciples were responsible for the empty tomb, knowing full well that He was dead and buried, why die at the hands of the masters of torture for a falsehood? The only logical conclusion is that something so insane had happened, that they were willing to die for it.

These challengers to the faith need only look into the events, with the “open mind” that most tout, to make an educated conclusion. Many have their facts wrong, such as Osirius608 believing that the four gospels were written 200 years later, and should get their facts straight before attacking other forum members. (By the way, Osirius608, it is understood that the four gospels were written approx. “50-100” AD [http://en.wikipedia.org/w-iki/Four_Gospels]).

Tak-e- nothing for granted. I once met a person that stated “I don’t know why I believe it, I just do,” when asked about their Christian beliefs. This is not biblical:

Act 17:11, “These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.”

1Jo 4:1, “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.”

1Th 5:21, “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.”

I believe in the power of emotion as a personal reinforcement of faith. Without the “personal” conviction, there can be no true conversion. I also believe in proving all things and the facts of His existence and claim to fame are there, one must simply go out and get them.

The Truth is out there… 
Name: Rob  •  Date: 05/18/07 15:53
A: When I worked on archaeological sites in the middle east I was told that when some archaeologists ran out of money to excavate they would seed the site with some object they had aquired that would suggest a Christian Connection. This would open the way for ongoing funding because there were christian groups that would provide funding for digs where there was a chance of extending knowlege about the events described in the bible.

Surely there must be abundant money available from Christian groups to further investigate the authenticity of the tomb in an unbiased and scientifically sound way such as more DNA tests, historical research about the symbol etc? 
Name: plantman13  •  Date: 08/24/08 18:03
A: To "beileve" means to hold an idea without actual evidence. That the four gospels recount incidents throughout the life of Yeshua in almost identical descriptions with word-for-word quotes and yet give four entirely
different accounts of the execution and supposed reanimation of this same man should be a red flag. In a court of law it would be recognized by the most obtuse juror that at least three witnesses were lying...and possibly all four. Simon of Cyrene appears to have been the actual victim of the crucifixion ("wait guys, you've got the wrong person!!!" "Sure,
pal, thats what they all say."...as the nails were hammered home.)
Meanwhile, Yeshua, disguised as a common gardener, slips away, revealing himself to his wife near the tomb before leaving town. Later, when encountered, he is not recognized unless he removes his disguise.
Saul also was confronted with this living man. To be blind and restored to sight was a common metaphor for being inducted into the inner circle of the "mystery." I would contend that had the bones of Yeshua been preserved instead of dumped, they would have revealed no sign of crucifixion and would have indicated an age greater than 33 at the time of death. 
Name: Souheil Bayoud  •  Date: 05/29/12 15:02
A: To call a person a liar when opposing the truth you must have faith in the word of God and not be a coward.The Holy Blood Holy grail pretending that Jesus escaped death on the cross and married Mary Magdalene.Then the Da Vinci code pretending a secret marriage between Jesus and Mary Magdalene and that the real blood of Jesus is inside Mary based on the painting of the last supper by Leonardo Da Vinci.Even thousands have traveled to Louvre to see that painting.Now some persons pretend the finding of Jesus Tomb and bones and linked their discoveries to the above fake stories.The truth is that the real Blood of Jesus is on His forehead shown in the real and true story The Coin Of The Temple by Souheil Bayoud and not inside the womb of Mary Magdalene.The blood of the holy grail,the blood of the Da Vinci code and the bones of these persons are fake.The real idiots are who believe in these garbage lies and travel to Louvre instead of Lourdes and Turin. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD