Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Archeology of Jesus » Inscription on the Jesus Ossuary
Hello, guest
Name: krawllins  •  Title: Inscription on the Jesus Ossuary  •  Date posted: 04/06/07 15:44
Q: The inscription on the ossuary reads "Jesus, Son of Joseph" but doesn't this inscription fly in the face of his virgin birth. Isn't it serious dogma that Joseph is NOT Jesus' father? I find it hard to believe that they would have put Joseph on as an "honorary father". I would think they would have put son of God or something. I know that the virgin birth story, the birth narrative all together, may not even have origins earlier than the early, mid- second century, but there has to be something behind the story. Any one have any thoughts on this? 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/06/07 18:30
A: Jesus was Joseph's son and we are all children of the universe.Based on the messianic requirements some factors may have been altered to fit the bill when the Old Testament of the Bible was revised.I'm trying to get a copy of an English translation of the original Hebrew wording so that I can compare notes.There is a messianic website listed on the Star Of Jacob topic on the general forum.Good luck with your quest. 
Name: Nate  •  Date: 06/28/07 7:35
A: krawlins, you need to read Matthew 13:55, Mark 6:3, and Luke 4:22-23, all of which identify Jesus as the son of Joseoh. Are you unfamiliar with the use of a concordance to the Bible? I have always found it extremely beneficial to read and look materials up and study a bit, not simply shout out a question that one has not taken the time to actually look into on my own first.

Namaste,
Nate 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 07/21/07 15:42
A: I agree with you Nate--to look it up first hand then draw your own conclusions.If the Bible and the epigram on the ossuary says Jesus was Joseph's son then it must be true. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD