Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Secret Symbols » Inscription Inside Tomb
Hello, guest
Name: malum  •  Title: Inscription Inside Tomb  •  Date posted: 03/05/07 7:59
Q: The movie showed an inscription discovered inside the 'Jesus Tomb', located above the area where the bodies are laid out before being placed in the ossuary.
Was there a meaning given to the inscription? 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: SpiritWoman  •  Date: 03/05/07 14:03
A: If there was I missed it. Husband walked in from work and I was distracted.

I would relly love to know what it was. 
Name: Marie  •  Date: 03/05/07 18:08
A: I'm fairly sure there wasn't any definition given on the inscription. I watched the show thoroughly without any interuptions. I think there is many people out here who would be interested in what it says. 
Name: alejandra  •  Date: 03/05/07 21:55
A: The only thing they said about those inscriptions was that they were not written in hebrew, possibly greek or latin. 
Name: SpiritWoman  •  Date: 03/06/07 13:50
A: This is where I think they leace a little opening in thier research.

Was it intentional? Come on, they discovered it! What did it say and why was it not shared?

I know I would have wanted to know if I discovered it. 
Name: Carolyn Stine  •  Date: 03/06/07 17:57
A: This is an example of where more research needs to be done. The entire cave needs to be cleared out and any and all writings on the walls cataloged. I am amazed at the indifference of the IAA to this site. 
Name: shofyke  •  Date: 03/06/07 19:02
A: why would israelites write in greek or latin? 
Name: Historian  •  Date: 03/07/07 17:03
A: There are two pictures of this in the book. I am astonished that no one has provided us with an interpretation of it. 
Name: SpiritWoman  •  Date: 03/07/07 21:27
A: Please someone that can translate please do! 
Name: wonder  •  Date: 03/08/07 2:52
A: I loved the show, think it would be terrific IF it turns out to be real, BUT I would not have left that tomb until I was being forcefully led out. I would have stayed to try to record every last detail until they would no longer let me stay. There was just one woman there with a clipboard and he jumped right out! WHY? 
Name: KRS  •  Date: 03/08/07 8:46
A: If I can get a readable copy, I can read Greek pretty well, but my Latin isn't that great. If you can type it out, so much the better (been a while since I've read an uncial manuscript).

Actually, Greek was pretty well known throughout Judea, most of the inhabitants were pretty familiar with the language. 
Name: eirini_cy  •  Date: 08/07/07 8:44
A: If someone can write what it said - I can translate it if its greek.

Im sure they were just screaming we found something we found something
and then did not elaborate on it - probably cause it had nothing to do with Jesus....
Also - the bones of the individuals were never brought up in the film - possible cause they may have proven otherwise - maybe some of the ossuarys contained adult and children bones not supporting the theory. 
Name: robevski  •  Date: 08/07/07 23:36
A: It was obviously Written in KOINE, For those of you who are questioning what is Koine. Koine is the original language of the New Testament, Koine MACEDONIAN was unofficially a first or second language in the Roman Empire and throughout the world in this movie it is mistakenly referred to as GREEK. 
Name: robevski  •  Date: 03/25/08 10:17
A: A: It was obviously Written in KOINE, For those of you who are questioning what is Koine. Koine is the original language of the New Testament, Koine MACEDONIAN was unofficially a first or second language in the Roman Empire and throughout the world in this movie it is mistakenly referred to as GREEK. 
Name: Judith  •  Date: 10/07/08 18:00
A: Yes but it was not published. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD