Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » The Movie » Does anything change
Hello, guest
Name: kirby1777  •  Title: Does anything change  •  Date posted: 03/05/07 17:30
Q: I was born and raised christian (Roman Catholic), however I am also a scientist, I am also an amiture Bible student (Biblical critisism), I enjoyed the movie and have read the book. I am strong enough in my faith that it remaing unchanged by this information. Would it be so bad if Jesus had a family, or would that make him more human, which is what God sent his only son to be? I believe that through the years that all religions have been so changed by man to suit their needs, that there is no way of knowing that any religion is truly the way that God wants it to be. I just pray that what I believe is the true belief.. I hope that this show opens the way for more indepth research, as the filmakers were trying to say in the program following the movie. I was unhappy by Kopels role last night he seemed more upset than the theologians were. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 01/04/08 15:58
A: Hi Kirby,
I just began my visit to this site (Jan 4th 08). Yours is the first post I am responding to.

Spanglish is a word that combines two words.
In Quebec, we have the word Franglish.
The tomb seems to have at least two bicultural names; one LatiBrew and one GreekBrew.
I think JDCrossan, exegete, was right : Joseph was a stone cutter, not a carpenter. I think this family was multicultural.
IndieAnna 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 05/03/08 12:51
A: .

Hello again Kirby.

I read on another page in this forum someone claiming that
the writing on the Mariamne bone box is in Greek.

But my readings have led me to understand that the alphabet used is Hebrew, but the form of the name is Greek.

To explain it to myself, and because I live in Quebec, Canada, a land that is French-English bilingual, I use the following, imperfect analogy, to explain to myself the writing on the Mariamne bone box.

(This analogy is not as good as it could be, because the French and English use the same alphabet.)

Before I give my Quebec analogy, I first quote from Dr. James Tabor's page, on the various Marys in the Gosples :

At the site
http://www.jesusdynasty.com/blo--g/category/talpiot-jesus-family-tomb/--

it says :

" In other words, we have lots of examples of
the Greek forms Mariam, Mariame, and Mariames,
and but only this single reference to Mariamene
–with the letter “nun”
and it is in the special neuter diminutive form
–showing endearment. "

My "FrenGlish" analogy :

I am not sure I understand everything, but this schoolar does not
seem to mention there being modern Greek on this bone box.

My understanding is that the form of the name is kinda like
an endearment version of a name in bilingual form;

I wonder if the following example might be accurate :
- say I have a brother with a French name...
say "Jacques". Say he enters an English cultural world
and that English world begins to call him "Jaqe".
Then, he marries an English girl, whose pet name for him
is "Jaquy".

What do we have ? We have a name that has a French
sounding, yet the Anglo lettre /y/ (instead of /ie/),
yet retaining the /q/ from the French (instead of the Anglo /ck/ of /Jack/.

This tomb has not 1, not 2, but 3 names that are unusual,
2 of which seem to point to the family being multicultural.

I've read a lot on the inscriptions and nowhere have I read that the name is written in Greek. I have only read that the name is written with Hebrew lettering, but in the form that the name would have in a Greek family.

I don't know if my FrenGlish example is valid, but it sort of is what I understand from the reading I have done.

Indie

Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 05/06/08 3:14

If there are any other bilinguals who'd like to correct my amateur analogy, I'd love to hear from you.

Indie

Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 06/11/08 15:19

Hi All.

Dr. Tabor's site, on June 1 08, features a new letter on the name Mariamne. Interesting read.

Indie
(I just finished reading author and forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs' novel "Cross Bones". Fun. Made me want to watch the movie "The Body" all over again.)

Name: dylanrees88  •  Date: 10/08/08 20:43
A: i think its time you start searching nazareth where jesus was born, and also he's step father Joseph, Joseph n he's mother mary would have been buried togetherm not apart!
search galilee and nazareth, just because they died in jerusalem does not mean they will be buried there, they would have been buried with there family....
the writing claimed as greek shows mary known as master...but in hebrew instead of greek...mary of "magdala"!(magdalene)
mathew mark luke and john call her mary magdalene, not master!
u will have to search further than jerusalem its not there! 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD