Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Jesus a husband or father? » Didymos Judas Thomas... Jesus' son
Hello, guest
Name: tom8pie  •  Title: Didymos Judas Thomas... Jesus' son  •  Date posted: 11/16/08 6:28
Q: I feel that there is a possibility that Didymos Judas Thomas (who put the Gospel of Thomas into writing) was the son of Jesus.

In Thomas Section 19, for instance, Jesus associates himself with stones. In Section 13, Thomas (i.e.,the twin) states that if the disciples will pick up rocks and stone him, fire (i.e., passion) will come from the rocks and devour them. Harming a father's son in front of the father himself would bring out the passion of retribution.

If the Romans and High Priests of orthodoxy were sure that Jesus had a biological son (who would be heir to the Davidic Sacred lineage)...do you think that they would spare that person (i.e., that son) and let him continue without harm?

Section 65 (of Thomas) may reveal how a man (like Jesus), in exposing his son to others, would possibly be setting his son up to be killed. Jesus would not, therefor, be telling anyone (who could notify the authorities) of the existence of a son of his own.
He said,

A [...] person owned a vineyard and rented it to some farmers, so they could work it and he could collect its crop from them. He sent his slave so the farmers would give him the vineyard's crop. They grabbed him, beat him, and almost killed him, and the slave returned and told his master. His master said, "Perhaps he didn't know them." He sent another slave, and the farmers beat that one as well. Then the master sent his son and said, "Perhaps they'll show my son some respect." Because the farmers knew that he was the heir to the vineyard, they grabbed him and killed him. Anyone here with two ears had better listen!
Simcha talks about Section 22 (of Thomas) regarding this... and there are other sections of interest with regard to this. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: tom8pie  •  Date: 11/16/08 6:39
A: Also... in the aforementioned section, from Thomas, that I submitted, please note that "vineyard" can be associated with grapes; "grapes" can be associated with blood; "blood" can be associated with blood line.

Then there is Section 73... 
Name: tom8pie  •  Date: 11/22/08 2:17
A: Yikes! I just read the Jesus Family Tomb book the other day... and I see that Simcha already has written something similar to what I stated up above! Oh well!... it's excellent that others have come up with similar suspicions like I had! 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD