Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » The Movie » Compelling
Hello, guest
Name: Set271  •  Title: Compelling  •  Date posted: 03/05/07 5:31
Q: As a born and raised christian I got the message of the film and I agree with the film maker. It was an unfair forum, about the film, afterwards. I had the same incredulous look on my face as did the filmakers' when listening to the remarks of those on the right side of the screen. Interesting that discovery channel chose to put them on the right side of the screen, which is the same side the host should have been on. I'm glad Simcha Jacobovici has made a representation of some if not most of my own conclusions I have come to as I have gotten older. Obviously the mystery of faith, which so incenses such anger and opression among many devout christians, simply makes me curiouser and curiouser. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: dln  •  Date: 03/05/07 6:26
A: idont know why you had the drive-by media has- been do this with you. I am a devout christian and this changes nothing in my faith. I want more research to be done. Who are we to suppose that we could ever understand the prosess of resurection or any other Godly act-does it matter? Also the archieologists on as experts were so cranked that they had not made the discovery through an official dig that they were about to decompensate. I have enjoyed Simchas other shows. I am insensed by the "Critical Look" after the movie. 
Name: prsmccarty10  •  Date: 03/05/07 6:26
A: Why would the diciples have allowed themselves to be crucified, stoned and beheaded if Jesus was in the tomb? They wouldn't have. It is a central tenant to the christian faith. The fact that there was a "son of Jesus" in the excavated tomb confirms to me that this was not the Holy families tomb since four gospel writters never mentioned a wife or son and had no reason to cover those facts up as they would have become accepted truths in the christian faith if it were true. Jesus ' tomb was empty by all four accounts. Entertaining film but it just ignors the historical facts too much to be taken seriously.
The reason the discovery channel appeared to be on the offensive was just to expose the sloppy archeology and not in defence of the faith. 
Name: dln  •  Date: 03/05/07 6:29
A: i want to know why this has not been brought to light before now? 
Name: Brian L.  •  Date: 03/05/07 17:25
A: this solves it:
http://wayofthemasterradio.com-/pdf/CherryPickingCasketEvidence.pd-f- 
Name: kirby1777  •  Date: 03/05/07 17:26
A: I was also born and raised christian, however I am also a scientist, I am also an amiture Bible student (Biblical critisism), I enjoyed the movie and have read the book. I am strong enough in my faith that it remaing unchanged by this information. Would it be so bad if Jesus had a family, or would that make him more human, which is what God sent his only son to be? I believe that through the years that all religions have been so changed by man to suit their needs, that there is no way of knowing that any religion is truly the way that God wants it to be. I just pray that what I believe is the true belief.. I hope that this show opens the way for more indepth research, as the filmakers were trying to say in the program following the movie. I was unhappy by Kopels role last night he seemed more upset than the theologians were. 
Name: Jazzy  •  Date: 03/05/07 22:33
A: I don’t believe that the disciples wouldn't have stood up for their beliefs if Jesus' body did not rise with him to heaven. This detail does not in any way change his teachings.
I also believe that while the bible is a good place to start for finding out about Jesus' life it cannot possibly contain all of it. The fact that the bible does not explicitly say he had a son and wife does not mean that there is no possibility of this. The Gospels have been re-written over the centuries. I personally believe there is room for interpretation.
This documentary, however, should not be taken as 'gospel' It should be looked into further in a more serious manner. It’s purpose was to attract attention to the archeological finding, not explain every detail of it.

P.S: I would love to hear other people's opinions on my opinion, posted under the title “Simcha's class, the expert’s lack of it, and other things” 
Name: guahould  •  Date: 03/08/07 15:49
A: Set271: More and more curious?? lol ,, Yes this is a good thing.. 
Name: guahould  •  Date: 03/08/07 15:54
A: din: Resurection is just a story !! For anyone from today to still believe in that nonsense is sad,, it was an attempt to put fear in the lemmings of the time and it obviously worked and sadly we still have many today. What is a Godly act??? A hurricane? tornado? earthquake? How about he cleanses the earth of cancers?? That would be something within his almighty powers no?? Think ,,,THINK!!! These are stories that should be left in sunday schools with Santan, and the easter bunny and Peter pan!!! 
Name: guahould  •  Date: 03/08/07 16:00
A: prsmccarty10:: Now if all of you silly people would just think for one second,, why?]?? WHY ]]]]???? would the followers of jesus disclose the existence of his son?? So that he too could be executed??? It is unreal the rediculous stories that you cling to for your "proof" hilarious actually!! The people behind all of the nonsens have fabricated and edited the stories to suite themselves, knowing that all of the lemmings will just keep following along no matter how rediculous it gets!!!! The film maker mentions , a very good point and question,, who was the young lad leaning up against jesus during the last supper???? a servant?? unlikely OK??!!??!!?? 
Name: guahould  •  Date: 03/08/07 22:25
A: It is very funny how some keep referring to the historical "facts" and "truths".........How can anyone refer to any of it as factual??? The moment any true facts begin to surface the freaks brush it all off and ignore it!!! That is the way it is !!! If it makes sense ,, it must not be possible,, if it is utter nonsense ,, it must be true.. Wow it really is unbelievable how modern people can be brainwashed so badly,, they must envy the suicide bombers for being able to go to "heaven" so soon?? FREAKS!!!!!! 
Name: TheNakedBoneHunter  •  Date: 03/15/07 20:52
A: VERY IMPORTANT - SEE BELOW - email of JOE ZIAS, March 1, 2007 - CAN SOMEONE VERIFY THIS AS BEING THE GENUINE EMAIL FROM JOE ZIAS, if it is, then this is critical news ( Note: I am not the author of the following excerpt , The Naked Bone Hunter )

Time magazine again reports: "Asbury Theological Seminary professor Ben Witherington, a early Christianity expert who was deeply involved with the James Ossuary, says there are physical reasons to believe it couldn't have originated in the Talpiot plot." Following the lead of Time, I did my own detective work and checked out Ben Witherington's blogspot (see, www.benwitherington.blogspot.com).

Witherington claims: "Joe Zias is a fine archaeologist of long standing and good reputation. He is the person who catalogued the ten ossuaries from the Talpiot tomb, and personally catalogued the tenth ossuary. He worked with Amos Kloner as part of the team who made the original discovery. In two emails this morning to someone I have been talking to he made crystal clear that the tenth ossuary was blank, certainly was not the James ossuary at all despite the assertions of those involved in making the (Vision TV) special. These emails have been sent along to me, and I will let them speak for themselves.

Joe Zias [email protected]: Subject: Re: Jesus Tomb Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2007 6:02 AM

"Amos Kloner is right as I received and catalogued the objects, the 10th was plain and I put it out in the courtyard with all the rest of the plain ossuaries as was the standard procedure when one has little storage space available. Nothing was stolen nor missing and they were fully aware of this fact. It just didn't fit in with their agenda." Shalom, Joe.

The filmmakers were fully aware that the tenth ossuary in the so-called "Jesus family tomb" was blank, but it didn't fit in with their agenda. So they deliberately misled viewers with a spurious assertion that this was the James ossuary
END OF EXCERPT

CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM THIS WITH JOE ZIAS ? 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD