Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » The Book » Book Contents
Hello, guest
Name: David  •  Title: Book Contents  •  Date posted: 03/05/07 4:50
Q: I just finished watching the movie and a not so "Critical View" segment on Discovery a few minutes ago. I am curious to see exactly what the book is about. Has anyone here read it yet? What exactly does it cover? If you can shed any light, please let me know. Thanks.

-David 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Jaybo  •  Date: 03/06/07 20:27
A: Howdy from Texas. I also saw the 'Critical Review' segment following the movie Sunday night and found the responses to Simcha's movie very un-academic -- what I saw was Ted Koppel trying desperately to control a hot issue, and the 'experts' to his left scrambling to defend what they already believed! I was super impressed by the professionalism of Simcha and Mr. Tabor and I think they walked away winners. Does anyone know what the Catholic priest really thought ?-- his supercilious smile thru the whole thing either meant he didn't understand something, or was afraid to tell Simcha that the evidence presented was credible beyond compelling. My impression was that both Simcha and Tabor knew more about the subject area than any of the 5 'experts' they met...

I say all that to say: No one presented any evidence that the Talpiot tomb was NOT the tomb of Jesus (or somehow could not be THE tomb).

Now the book. I devoured it Friday and Saturday (just before the Discovery presentation) and it substantiates the scientific approaches and findings much more completely than the movie did -- yet just the info that was presented in the movie was certainly a jaw-dropper! It is backed up even more in the book and due to time constraints, not all the book's many points could be presented in the movie, yet there is enough to satisfy any hard-nosed critic, I think. The pictures proving that the James ossuary belonged in the Talpiot tomb are there -- and as such constitute a 'slam-dunk' that there are enough names and patina evidence to say that this tomb deserves serious consideration and further analysis -- not the blow-off that Christians and Laurence Gardner are giving it.

By all means read the book -- it fills in some gaps left from the movie... like more on the 3 skulls found on the tomb floor and the chevron found above the door -- which due to my years of study in this area, I think I know what they mean and it stands the hair up on the back of my neck!
(Think: Knights Templar, in a good way...)

Thank God for Simcha, Tabor and Cameron who have had the guts to bring this info forth! Now Dan Brown and Martin Scorsese are vindicated.

'The Truth will set you free...' but first it will make you angry! We have been lied to big time by the Church and I see a very healthy adjustment coming in people's beliefs and attitudes. No more fairy tales. More power to Simcha, Tabor and Cameron. 
Name: Historian  •  Date: 03/07/07 17:19
A: I did not see the movie, so I can't compare it to the book, but the book was intriguing. As books usually contain more information than movies, and usually in a more logical manner, if you found the movie fascinating, then do buy the book. It is definitely a good read. 
Name: Tara  •  Date: 03/07/07 19:44
A: The book is much more detailed, and focuses way more on the forensics. 
Name: HoaxBusting  •  Date: 03/12/07 23:47
A: I honestly wish I could answer that; and had read it. But, I think you may get a clue or two from this very website (especially in the New Discoveries) 
Name: jacob  •  Date: 03/22/07 15:20
A: read the book!! the evidence presented is very compelling and well written. i have finished it for the second time and am astounded by the journey and discovery that simcha and his partners have made. the facts are presented in a very by partisan manner, simcha and his team understand the implications of such a discovery and go forth presenting the facts in the most factual way. they present both sides of what every discovery could mean and utilize stats, science, the wholy scriptures and impericall evidence to get to the root of every discovery. i was impressed with the respect they give to the religious right ... that i am sure they knew would take offense and try to quikly squash there discovery from mainstream media. The facts are compelling, the story riviting and the conclusion could be nothing more than the truth. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD